We need TV ads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zero, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Thank you for giving us an update, @Senshu . It just blows me away how certain people in the community asks for an update, we get it, and they are still not satisfied. They look at the response and comment negatively. Senshu mentioned problem posters, which we know who they are. Then the worst of them, we know who it is, doesn't even play anymore, calls the DOG employees hurtful names, and wonders why DOG doesn't listen to his ideas. If I was in charge, he would be banned from both the game and the forums. You need to give it to Senshu and Gedden for their patience with this members as well as all his followers and copy-cats.

There is not one software company that will give out trade secrets. Can't you get this through your thick heads? This company rescued Poxnora from SOE. If they didn't, Poxnora would be dead. However, there are those that do not see DOG as the savior of this game and completely forgot or don't even care about this reality. It's like so many people in America forgot what happened on 9/11. DOG has had this game for 9 months. They had their first patch on 3/10/2014. Since then we have had 25 patches/fixes, new maps, new runes, recolored runes, added the Web site links to the game, plus the Steam Release, which was huge! They also created Skirmishes, which is an amazing addition to this game! I am sure their next BIG announcement will be an improvement for PvP. Just wait for it, be patient!

Every software company plans for the future, and not just short term. For those of you that can't get this through your thick heads, and we all know who you are, write this down 100 times on the blackboard: "There are far more things going on behind the scenes for establishing the long-term viability of Pox Nora. Most of which can not be publicly discussed because that is the reality of the business behind the games industry."

I work for a software company, and have for 17 years. If I announce publicly the plans for future design and future plans for releases, I would go to prison. I had to sign Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements, and I'm sure every software company has them. What do you think this is for?

Ok, I'm rambling again. Here comes the name-calling and negativity from certain people who's names I did not mention.

And I'm going to say it: Great job DOG and thank you for rescuing our game!

Senshu and MentalMoles like this.
  2. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@Gaedel

Sir, please put the koolaid down; your nerdrage is showing.

Many of DOG's additions to Pox have been steps backwards. You can't throw out a number and pretend that quantity trumps quality, here. The hulksmashnerf to trees was a blunder, the Mutant/Worm/Fesh merger was sloppy, the rune revamp is incomplete, the Steam release was premature (you simply can't deny that) and so on and so forth. It's intellectually dishonest to pretend everything DOG does is amazing. I'm appreciative for/vocally supportive of their desire to breathe new life into Pox, but I'm not enjoying the significant change we've seen from DOG since they originally started this process.

If that means I have a thick skull, then so be it.

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. Gaedel

How can it be a step backwards if the game would have been dead if not for DOG. Even if I agree with you on some points, dead is worse than "backwards". Skirmishes is not a step backwards. Whatever they are planning as the next big release (not counting patches), if they can't tell us what it is, I'm excited about it! Put on your rally hats and at least give them credit for not letting the game die with SOE. Something is better than nothing.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nothing, unless the youtubers are scum. Most decent people who you actually want reviewing - or looking at - your game will take a gander and post something about it if you just tell them about it and give them a run-through. As a Dev, you are giving them content. Demanding payment as anything other than a multi-million sub channel is preposterous; even then, it's rude.

5. Latviak

Latviak New Member

I know that this is a whole different topic but i think there is nothing wrong in paying a youtuber to advertise a game(and it is happening more ofthen than you think). Everyone benefits from it. Devs, youtuber and a viewer whos favourite game was always around the corner of not knowing about the particular game. I just wanted to say that for certain types of games youtube is the best advertising tool and in fact extremely effective, not TV. And we as a community can submit requests to some youtubers (if they are that "honest" as you say), but then again we have some people who think that this game is not ready to go viral yet.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

At least mention my name when ranting. Some people might not realise the awesome that is me.

Anyhow, let's compare Pox to League of Legends than. Riot gives plenty of previews or updates on what is coming. For example: we're looking to remake champ X, we're going to bring out new game modes, we're remaking this map, new map coming, we're looking for feedback on XYZ, we're keeping an eye on champ E in terms of this and that balance wise. They even say half this stuff on reddit, which isn't a site they control.

So why would Pox be unable to announce whether they're looking to balance champ X, rework maps, add maps, rework abilities, etc etc. I'm not asking for their wifi password, just updates on the game at some point. Communication is hard, right? Your software company is a completely invalid comparison because software and a game are different in the way that your company might or might not be on the stock market or influences it. It also has to deal with competition from other software companies who could steal your ideas and leave you with nothing.

Sure you have experience in the industry, but using common sense in your comparisons is something you haven't mastered yet.

I'm not the nicest guy on these forums and I like walking the edge, but my points are not invalid. Playerbase is still low and DOG, while having done a lot of good things for the game, has not been pushing the game to it's full potential. Especially with obvious decisions that remain extremely questionable (like tokens, trees not OP cause stats, etc) decisions. Playerbase numbers don't lie.

You try and dismiss my criticism by trying to tackle me instead of the ball. And you can't even tackle without throwing yourself head first because you don't know how to do it properly.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, yeah, certainly agree with you! I should have clarified that further in my post. I meant that a youtuber specifically asking money from someone handing them a game is being rude - that youtubers expecting and demanding to be payed for looking at games as the only way to motivate them is nasty. But youtubers doing things as part of a payed promotion? Heck, people need to eat! To me it sounds like a great system, it's just a shame when as a result expectations and attitudes becomes twisted. Again, sorry for not making my original point more clear - I actually agree with what you are saying here in total.

8. Gaedel

Yes, you heard it here first, folks!

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have never denied they have done good for the game. People like yourself who can't argue without trying to demonize myself in order to try and make it look as they have a point forget that.

Thanks for admitting that your comparison and half your reasoning was utter bullocks by the way gramps.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that sig

bp

baby

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Everything I do

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

You have never seven seen each other (have you), stop flirting already

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

jealousy doesn't suit you

14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I want Dagda! I WANT him >_<

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Always want what you can't have.

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

As the great philosopher Jagger once said: "You can't always get what you want".

BurnPyro likes this.
  17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

you guys can have him, but he'll always be my best friend

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- he ain't heavy man...