3 reasons you don't play - For those that don't

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atherhog, Nov 15, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

can you link to your thread? i'd be interested to hear your suggestions

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

now add about 4 years to that process and you have an idea where im at.

3. Dtail

Dtail The King of Potatoes

This game needs regular patches or more regular than once every 6-8 months

4. Latviak

Latviak New Member

1)Fear of getting rekt
    2)Getting rekt
    3)Rektangular decks/runes

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

If it's any consolation, your thread about hawk attack and other secondary range abilities was discussed a lot in the PCR forums and we still hope to do some standardisation of these, just the huge slowness means that we haven't had a chance yet.

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

7. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Thanks, I was too lazy to find it. This thread was alright until it ended with people nitpicking Blinding Roll and acting like having a Flash Bomb clone in the game was necessary. Kind of killed my enthusiasm for the entire thread since it was against the spirit of the changes.

I had another thread kinda like this one, forget where that one ended up. Created and participated in some other threads crusading for changes to Incorporeal, too. Ah well.

8. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/underpriced-overpriced-abilities.4815/
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/ability-consolidation-and-renovation-thread.5277/

these are the most elaborate and discussed threads you started Sepulcher.

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/sepulcher-is-back.7506/

One which was started about you. :p

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Hil-ar-ious

BurnPyro likes this.
  10. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

For those of you that think this game is finished, why don't you guys just go away for a while and let DOG do their thing. They gave this game a second chance, otherwise it would have already been dead. So, instead of complaining every chance you get, just go do something else for 6-12 months and if you want, come back and check this game out again. Instead of doing your part in killing this game, let DOG do what they have planned, whether it works or not. There is still a lot of work to be done, so let them do it. If you don't like what you see now, just quietly leave. All you are doing by these posts is contributing to the downfall. If this game does fall, DOG does not get all the blame. I give just as much blame to the doomsayer and complainer part of the community. Let them complete their plan they had when they resurrected this game from SOE. Come back and check us out in 6-12 months.

mortal ix and Xiape like this.
  11. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

I think although they may listen to feedback on some level, I feel like they need time more than suggestions at this point. This is basically what has been lost over time.

1. Balance: The main issue is game balance. Designing/balancing a game is hard, but this is the main product. Players will play a game they feel is fun and engaging, and so it's the designers (difficult) job to make the game playable for different play styles (and different player styles). The only power players have to change the cards is indirectly through forum posts, and so the developers need to manage mechanics and design space. Players will likely be tolerant a few unfavorable rules, but if enough issues are present, it can affect players' enjoyment of the game.

2 Community: With a good game, players will come to participate in the game and continue playing because they enjoy it. This game doesn't have to appeal to everyone in the gaming community, but there's enough players to generate interest. I don't think they can please everyone (for example, I feel removing Portal Nexus was positive, but not everyone agrees), but the general experience is what matters. However, when players don't enjoy the game, they'll leave to do something they do enjoy. If the game fails to be enjoyable for enough players, the community decreases significantly.

3 Contributions: When players are engaged enough in the community, they may contribute back, whether it be in the form of graphic signatures, fan sites, data analysis, or strategy guides. These resources appear primarily from having enough players who play, and those engaged enough to spend time contributing back to the community. In particular, with a strong enough base, the community can significantly expand the game experience. However, players need to feel their time is well spent here. If no one reads your guide or analysis, player time will be better spent elsewhere, and the community (and developers) will miss out on these bonus resources.