(NEW) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Nov 20, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

why does he have roar if the fallen? He not a dragon sane with final word
    irather have him still have heavy charger on first form and have provision on 2nd form so he can still do stuff before dying

2. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Roar 1 nora.
    Heavy charger 7 nora.

Ill pick roar.

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

He won't have heavy charger in my opinion because Fiorn does. We want him to be sorta unique.

@chickenpox2 what's your point? that roar is currently only on dragons at the moment? Why can't it be on him? He's unique enough and it can fit him just fine.

Will discuss more bonus stuff later tonight and update the main post with the revised General Korsean (may swap his current ability set from last thread or change it depending on more feedback).

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Taunt: MY HORSE!!! on second form?

...just over-bloat his second form so Dark Rider is a steal for 50 nora.
    Every Pox player will love you.

XFurionsX likes this.
  5. yobanchi

Heres some musings:

What if the FW bonus was…
    Champions you control have a cool down of 2 turns. (split bonus would be champions have a cool down of 6 turns)

Modifications to boon would include removal of poison, fearless and consist of either getting a reduction in nora overall or modifying the nora return from globes (like to 25%).

Thoughts?

Netherzen likes this.
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That could work. Could you clarify your suggestions on Boon, or give a few templates for what you have in mind? Examples are a great aid.

7. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I think 3/6 or 2/6 would be fine for standard champions,but if the bonus is used to constantly deploy highly efficient champions or superchampions it could cause some complaint.I am just speculating and i would like to hear other opinions.
    I support the removal of fearless and resist poison because it allows bgs which have those modules(things like fs poison and yetis) to be more competitive and runnable.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What if the bonus gave 2/1 ranks of evil aura? For a 4/2 life drain. That is about on par in terms of nora with all the other factions, and synergizes well with melee hordes of undead. It doesn't actually harm your own units, as the effects would always cancel. This would also mean Evil Aura as an ability could be terminated all together outside of the bonus. In full faction, surrounding an enemy with 4 zombies would sap 16 health per turn.

Could be fun.

9. yobanchi

I would probably recommend 2 / 6.
    The idea would be that the current % bonus only really effects champions that are 40 or below since games are mostly 15 rounds. This means that high cost champs will come back in 8 turns which is doable but usually means they are coming back on the tail end of a match.

This change would basically mean that ALL champs regardless of cost get the same effect. Basically the bottom 25% of champs no longer get the lionshare of the bonus.

With the boon change it would essentially be this:
    Immunity Disease, 25% additional nora from globes (2 nora) - this is basically construct immunities but with the 25% nora globe instead of immunity poison.

Netherzen likes this.
  10. yobanchi

Evil Aura currently only has 1 rank but I get the gist of what you are saying.
    Lifedrain aura is a more costlier version with the only difference being the time it procs in a turn.

Evil Aura rank 1/2/3
    Drain 2 / 4 / 6 life from enemy champs

FF- 2 ranks of evil aura
    SF- 1 rank of evil aura

Current champs with evil aura basically become rank 3 in faction.

This doesn't always result in it canceling it out on your units though and potentially could cause you to loose your own life on units (for instance a full life unit next to a damaged unit depending on time stamp may result in both units being damaged for a net loss of hp).

An interesting idea though and powerful vs melee as suggested. Good enough to brainstorm at least.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Right, depending on timestamps. Blasted things. That could be somewhat fixed by changing how simultaneity works in the in-engine math, but probably too complex for the payoff. And yeah, I think it would be especially strong on melee. Very thematic though: the pressing forward line of the undead saps the energy of those around them, and are - aesthetically through the mechanics - an abomination is presence as much as in power.

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

*saves the cool expression for some later use*

13. yobanchi

Evil aura would probably be ability bloat as well.

Right now I like the rune reveals or Super Cooldown bonus.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you elaborate on ability bloat? As far as I can tell, this would actually serve as a chance to condense a great deal of bloat out the game. Want to hear your perspective, though.

15. yobanchi

Basically not only will mostly all units in FW have boon of the undead (which currently has 4 abilities wrapped into one) but also evil aura on top of that. The revamp goal was to cut down on abilities so I'm hesitant to blanket add an ability to a faction that already has a blanket ability in boon.

That's my initial reaction though.

TeaScholar likes this.
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ah, I see what you are saying - ability bloat as in more abilities on champions, not bloating of the pool of abilities to understand. Gotcha.

17. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

How about make the bonus 1/2 rune reveals at the beginning of game and 15/25% more nora from from globes, and change Boon to this champ has Immunity: Disease and Evil Aura (5 nora)?

That way the bonus has an early game and a late game component, Boon is only two abilities, and shambling hordes suck the life out of everyone. Slowly.

Edit: After thinking about it, Evil Aura would suck due to trigger orders actually causing your champs to often be at -2 hp. So maybe change it to opposing champions in 2 spaces lose 2 hp, with no heal.

18. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Not that much different than all of the other bonuses, except this one will actually be shown on the champ status (meanwhile, -20% damage and -8 damage from spells take me by surprise every time).

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Bonus nora from nora globes is an alright mathematical bonus, but cobbling it up with reveals makes for a pretty awkward bonus. I do love boon sapping life, but not sure that could work out well. It is an expensive nora ability, and combining that with Boon means that either we are getting a lot of free stuff for plenty of FW units get hit with a high cost sandbag.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think this is actually a pretty good point. The SL bonus is one of the things closest to the nebulous old ATK/DEF math (though nothing is quite that bad). Compared to an obvious and simple aura, a few other bonuses are more confusing.