Meta

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Netherzen, Nov 20, 2014.

1. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

i run frost cone 3 and weary, and he's 95 but i guess life siphon is better when you use repurpose on him. And xulos? i run the 104 version with dark favor 3 and grace 1, cuz i don't care about healing, but he's still pretty expansive

2. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I just cant find a way to deploy Xulos, i never have enough nora to deploy it.

3. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I dont run him because he is the anathema of a cheap champ and i prefer summoning cheap champs lol

4. TheBulwark

I don run xulos but def life siphon with reporpose on serkan

5. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I run xulos at 108 with grace 3

6. TheBulwark

Hey tea, im revamping my death benefit bg, testing out dead fairies and desecrations neither of which ive used since revamp. Can you explain why you run full rabid upgrade since the fairy is already expensive as it is and can really kill you against certain bgs

7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Much of her damage comes from the dot, especially against high-def champions.

Also, DoTs on high ranged champions are crazy good.

8. TeaScholar

I was going to say it's self explanatory, but that isn't fair.

If you're running:
    - 100+ nora heroes
    - anything with soul collection
    - Death guards
    - Reanimation

Than an 84 nora Dead Fairy shouldn't have a problem staying alive, and thus should spread as much DoTs as possible.

The whole premise with that one is to spread rabid as far as it can.

With the tendencies to turtle and heal, the more targets you safely leave DoTs on, the better you'll be in terms of long-game attrition.

In fact, the high cost of D Fairy means more nora BACK into your pocket when it dies and you recover the globe.
    It ALSO means the opponent will try harder to kill it- with rabid 3.

Rabid 3 on such fast flying range is a serious threat to everything but mirror matches and constructs.

...And you best believe I whoop constructs ass with or without D fairy, but it's always an option even when you would think it's countered: Dead Fairy is THEE go-to killer of 99% of the game.
    Constructs in particular can still be inhibited (you can fester them w/ fairy)
    And their boosters take a full DoT to the face.

BTW, if you haven't broken THIS down yet:
    Rabid 3 > Rabid 2 > Rabid 1
    5 dam > 4 dam > 3 dam
    4 dam > 3 dam > 2 dam
    3 dam > 2 dam > 1 dam
    2 dam > 1 dam
    1 dam

Add them all up and you have: [+ D. Fairies base attack at 10 (11 w. banner)]
    Rabid 3 = 15 damage [ + 10]
    Rabid 2 = 10 damage [ + 10]
    Rabid 1 = 6 damage [ +10]

Last but not least, the longer DoT means you can hit a champ and then leave it alone to weaken, the longer the DoT the longer you can leave it alone.
    If you can't hit things and leave them alone (at rabid 3) with your fairy, you're going to be more aggressive (at rabid 1/2) with it thinking it's to your benefit at the cheaper cost- - - - - - IT'S NOT.
    You're trying to make one of the few champs in our bgs that we let remain at the expensive role- a cheaper champ.

That's not going to work- all you're doing is downplaying yourself, and your Fairy's potential.
    Fairy is going to be expensive whether its rabid 1/2/3, you're really better off biting the bullet and paying for rabid 3.
    It's one of those cases where you get what you paid for. Running it at rabid 1 is basically saying "I have a golden chalice, and I'm going to avoid wine at ALL costs- ONLY fill it up with dirty bong water and mold"

I feel like I'm telling someone to look both ways before they cross a street and (continue) getting run over.

poinl, Morfeas, Leadrz and 5 others like this.
  9. TeaScholar

One more thing, think of it as extra credit...

Let's say you are aggressive with your fairy for a duration that it's protected by a death guard.

There's the turn the Death Guard is deployed, followed by two turn opportunities. That's usually the point where you decide to repurp it or not.
    In this case, you let it live for the full 3 rounds of protection.

So this translates into 3 rounds of attacks from Death Fairy.

We're going to assume Death Fairy is simply attacking each turn, and on the last two rounds, he gets a double tap off.

We're counting DoTs alone, not attacks.
    And the way this works is, he'll apply the DoT to champ 1 first round.
    Second round, he'll apply the DoT to champ 2 and champ 3.
    Third round, champ 1 will be refreshed with the DoT and champ 4 will be applied with the DoT.

Keep in mind that one 'round' = 2 'turns', that is, your turn + the opponent's turn. A + B
    Translation:

Rabid 3:

Round |||||||| Champ 1 |||||||| Champ 2 |||||||| Champ 3 |||||||| Champ 4 |||||||| Total Dmg
    __1A__|||||||||__5___|||||||||______||||||||_______|||||||||______|||||||||___5___
    __1B__||||||||___4___||||||||_______||||||||_______||||||||______||||||||___9___
    __2A__||||||||___3___|||||||___5____||||||||___5___||||||||______||||||||___22___
    __2B__||||||||___2___|||||||___4____||||||||___4___||||||||______||||||||___32___
    __3A__||||||||___5___|||||||___3____||||||||___3___||||||||___5__||||||||___48___
    __3B__||||||||___4___|||||||___2____||||||||___2___||||||||___4__||||||||___60___

Rabid 2:

Round |||||||| Champ 1 |||||||| Champ 2 |||||||| Champ 3 |||||||| Champ 4 |||||||| Total Dmg
    __1A__|||||||||__4___|||||||||______||||||||_______|||||||||______|||||||||___4____
    __1B__||||||||___3___||||||||_______||||||||_______||||||||______||||||||___7____
    __2A__||||||||___2___|||||||___4____||||||||___4___||||||||______||||||||___10____
    __2B__||||||||___1___|||||||___3____||||||||___3___||||||||______||||||||___17____
    __3A__||||||||___4___|||||||___2____||||||||___2___||||||||___4__||||||||___29____
    __3B__||||||||___3___|||||||___1____||||||||___1___||||||||___3__||||||||___37____

Rabid 1:

__1A__|||||||||__3___|||||||||______||||||||_______|||||||||______|||||||||___3___
    __1B__||||||||___2___||||||||_______||||||||_______||||||||______||||||||___5___
    __2A__||||||||___1___|||||||___3____||||||||___3___||||||||______||||||||___12___
    __2B__||||||||_______|||||||___2____||||||||___2___||||||||______||||||||___16___
    __3A__||||||||___3___|||||||___1____||||||||___1___||||||||___3__||||||||___24___
    __3B__||||||||___2___|||||||________||||||||_______||||||||___2__||||||||___28___

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    poinl, Morfeas and jigz2009 like this.
  10. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Does amplify:disease from affilicted corpse helps rabid?

11. TeaScholar

Only if two afflicted corpses are out at the same time, then yes, 5 disease damage becomes 6.

That doesn't make it tick any longer on the target though

12. Netherzen

Well at least it helps death guard and polluted martyr.I really like disease as a element and would like to see it more viable in fw meta.

13. TeaScholar

If you throw in two ghouls, you can get 40% disease amp.

14. jigz2009

jigz2009 The King of Potatoes

@TeaScholar

which champ can be alternatively use if you don't have Coragh?

Draco-Lich? 83-nora Mairdreth? Dark Knight? Mindflayer Queen?

15. TeaScholar

16. jigz2009

jigz2009 The King of Potatoes

Just sharing my improved FF FW BG:

[​IMG]

I was able to get out of uncommon league and hopefully crawl up to lower Exotic (still rusty most of the time, too many spells and abilities that I do not know and care about hehehe). Many thanks to TeaScholar for the tips.

Saw alot of "no-can-do" champs which ST players field alot. Grimwell screws them bigtime provided you were able to reach their font and contest. You can also place Grimwell as perimeter defense, especially those big ******** AA's floating around your base. Doom them and wait for them to die while they waste turns losing AP for approaching you . I think Grimwell should be 1x auto for any FF FW deck. I also wish Santa will fix Moragen so grimwell will become sweeter :)

TeaScholar and Tweek516 like this.
  17. Netherzen

Here is my new and improved meta bg:
    meta.jpg

18. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

jesus christ that's a suicidal battlegroup if i ever did see one. I mean I guess for once (other than chopping block) the forsaken waste feel is their but holy hell. Is that really the meta approach?

19. Netherzen

At first i thought the playstyle would not work but after watching Teascholar beat bunch of top meta bgs played by top 10 players i could not resist joining in on the fun.
    If you dont get rushed this bg will grind down your enemy,dont expect any fast wins,you will get to see every rune your opponent has in his bg,i was able to play for another hour after losing two fonts once,its really different from the whole rush broken champions meta you see being played and that makes it fun(for you,not the enemy).
    Also if you gonna play that make sure to either plan a bathroom break or dont drink too much liquid.

TeaScholar and yobanchi like this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Honestly, FW goodstuff is starting to look pretty similar to Meat. The list is certainly not suicidal; with the right plays, it actually has solid match-ups against most BG's out there. I think people are underselling FW's power just because their strength comes in less orthodox ways. That said, I still support buffs.