Gedden, you completely destroyed Leoss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I'm not in charge of balance - so no, I don't have a crate. its something we have discussed internally.

2. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

This is another wasted post by a player who only looks at this game through a narrow lens.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

You played vs IS fonts on a Bane Shift map, doubt it the reason you lost was really Leoss

Sealer0 and BurnPyro like this.
  4. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Highly possible. I have also only played on that map twice and am not sure how to play it properly.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There's no great way to play it.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Go first

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Magnate: Why do you force this champion to take a sandbag 10 nora ability in counter attack ranged? That makes no sense for him to have it at all, much less on base. And I HATE HATE HATE putting racial abilities on upgrades. That opens them up to strong meta presence and sacrificing other abilities to gain racials in theme. It's just bad. I'd recost Soul to 1-2, then put it on base. I'd remove Pride from upgrade line 1, move Regal Presense to line one, move Counter: Ranged to line 1 (and pull meta reports so that you can see that it is NEVER selected). Then upgrade line 2, DF3, Haste - make DF3 the default so that it will entice people to upgrade to Haste. He'll be expensive but he'll have everything he needs to support the troops.

Totally agree on this but counter attack quite useful i run 1 keyeye in the bg so i either use it on magnate architect or druid and that extra +2 range make him a beast .
    Monk: Move either Righteous Shield Or Divert to base, then put Cleanse on line 1 to replace it, add Javelin Toss to upgrade 1. -2 DMG base, I don't get the 12 dmg here. That gives him a clear combat line, a support build or a mix.

I think that he should have invigorate 2 on base that quite useful as well and it cheaper than righteous shield

Melee:

Outrunner: 8 speed? Really? How about you give him 6 speed and access to leap 3 on upgrades, that would make him alot cheaper and more elusive.

I think 6 speed ok he will be a little slow with 6 unless you guys are ok with him having initiative 1/2 which he had before revamp it was quite useful with leap 3 also it goes well with rush pin down to protect font

8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Four days ago I started writing a gigantic thread(that I had been promising for like 2 weeks) with the intention of showcasing ALL abilities that are wrongly costed, with the most logical explanations as possible.

But yesterday I deleted everything, because being completely impartial is impossible when looking at some abilities/mechanics. The terrain abilities comprise a huge hole of wrong costs, along with a lot of things we don't even notice that I only saw with the help of Poxbase. I'd share my findings (because I already had written the terrain gen chapter(yes, I had freaking chapters)) but if I decide writing anything about it again I'd like to write about all abilities.

And I have one cute charade for everyone: when costing basic attacks, how much should Attack: Magical cost?

I have to go out for the new year thing, but when I come back(possibly tomorrow) I'll read your post thoroughly because your "HATE HATE HATE" seemed like fun reading.

Happy new year everyone. :)

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

why wasn't the revamp real attention? what was its purpose?

10. Moles

Yes, the revamp was the first of many big steps to getting pox moving forwards again. Ronin is the next step - then we will be in back in a normal expansion cycle with regular releases and patches keeping the game fresh, fixing bugs and making things more enjoyable for all.

Building an expansion takes a lot of work - first of all it has to be planned and designed, the art all needs to be put in place ready, then you have to add all the new abilities and code them in - test them to make sure there are no bugs, then build any features to go with the expansion and then it needs the final touches.

Before me and wraith started everything was planned, designed and the art was in place. and since we started we have been putting the rest into place and now we are nearly done.

DarkJello, xezno and soulmilk like this.
  11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If you say the revamp is the first step, and Ronin the next, then you should be more accurate: We stumbled with the revamp, stumbled with the NUX, fell flat on our face with Steam, and now hope to pick ourselves back up and take a "step forward" with Ronin. The revamp sucked the life out of this game. The small advances in general direction are far overshadowed by the obliteration of everything other than meta decks and the few unbalanced themes that have shown themselves.

Seriously, the revamp was offensive.

Atherhog and BurnPyro like this.
  12. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Revamp sucked the life out of this game?
    I remember there being less than 10 people online before it and now there is always at least 60. (Still not an ideal number, but a huge improvement)
    In my and many others opinion, the revamp was one of the best things that have happened to Pox in years. It have a lot of flaws, but it was never meant to be flawless.
    (Don't want to start a fight, just wanted to say how I see things.)

Lushiris likes this.
  13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Im interested in the Art part, how are the arts and Sprites designed? how much freedom do artist have?
    This would actually be a question for Gedden, i might include it in your next Q&A thingy

soulmilk likes this.
  14. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

I guess what I wanted with the revamp was first a flattening of power levels, and then a lot of tweaks for flavor. Maybe we'll get more of those tweaks later. I suppose what I am saying is that more patches would be beneficial, in particular to revitalize some of the themes. Hopefully that will happen once ronin hits. I understand that fixing the map program and NUX and steam are important, but several viable themes per faction are also important. It just seems like such a simple thing to do.. Muh poor snaptooths and jellebrium, and whatnot. ;_;
    I do think the revamp was important and needed.

soulmilk likes this.
  15. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Baskitkase likes this.
  16. Pasiphae

Pasiphae The King of Potatoes

You will forgive me for not Holding my breath...

17. Moles

I totally understand your concerns, along with others.

As a very recent active player myself before turning green, I know what it is like hearing soon and waiting. I hope to let the release do all the rest of the talking for me!

Lushiris likes this.
  18. Radan

Radan The King of Potatoes

Paragon of Ailur
    I alway though leoss should have improve range and paragon would be best for it. If you donot like that, new ability: sub improve range- champs with same race as this one have it max range increase by 1 if the champ have a range of 3 or more. Maybe he will be better with heal mass 3 and remove it from leoss druid, paragon had it b4 the revamp.

Archanis
    It can have logistics: attack magical(or any type), nora cost 1-5 i guess.

Magnate
    i like how it have soul and pride of Ailur on upgrade line 1. If it have too much of soul or pride abilities in my BG i can use the other ability.

19. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

How about the devs just create discussions in every faction regarding the themes and we put out real solutions to fix them. Once the devs have time they could implement them into the game. If Gedden tries to change anything we suggest Mass protest.

20. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Thank you gedden. Baskit's tears taste like sweet nectar