List of themes in KF

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by xezno, Jan 10, 2015.

1. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Disclaimer: I am a noob so PLEASE help correct where I am way off base and also help to fill in the gaps.

Added link to most recent thread over theme by simply clicking on name of theme. Added "Area of focus" and "What this theme needs" to keep things as straight-forward as possible. Sok said he is starting his review of themes next week so if we can generate some solid and conscious information on a few of these themes, then maybe we can help shape their direction.

Archer
    Area of focus: Class: Archer, Range, DoT
    What this theme needs:
    - More access to counters of Arroweater (currently only Volley Leader/Rain of Arrows) and Elusive (Murder, any archer with precision).
    - Defense mechanism that is thematic (access to some kind of Grant: Feflex, Aid: Defense, or Command: Block, archers often hid behind giant shields)
    Idea:
    Archer Commander
    Upgrade set 1: Commander 2, Command: Charge (only 2 options both centered on Offense)
    Upgrade set 2: Boost 2, Command: Block (only 2 options both centered on Defense)

Helps the theme out both in def and dealing with things like Arroweater by amplifying rain of arrows or head on if Command: Charge is chosen. I was going to put no upgrades but I know that is still being talked about.

Bard
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Beast
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Centaur
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

De'lim
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Elf
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Fae
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Garu
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Magic Amp
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Ranger
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Spirit
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Tortun FF KF
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Tree
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Wizard
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Vashal
    Area of focus:
    What this theme needs:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Woffleet and chris0024 like this.
  2. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

Ranger? I know its a bit outdated but still a theme :D

xezno likes this.
  3. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

AAAAARRRRCCCCHHHHEEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. xezno

uh...I realize the list is so long that Archer already being on it but all tucked away at the top was easy to miss. Good effort? ;)

5. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

haha i see you put it in alphabetical order :cool:

6. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

We also have a Spirit theme that is not played often.

7. xezno

Isn't spirit more of a split with FW theme? I would be interested to see the spirit theme grow but looking at the runes, there seems to be no real connection. Maybe it is just me so I will add it up to the list for now.

8. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

You missed d- Nobody is stealing my deck idea! It's all mine!

xezno likes this.
  9. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

You also missed the Vashal Theme, which is a focused beast theme.

xezno likes this.
  10. xezno

Good catch, forgot them. In my mind they are just beast theme. I would like to see them lose beast personally so that they would be easier to focus on as a single theme but that is just me. Also the fact that Woodland Jester is not a vashal drives me nuts but that is another topic.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  11. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Vashals are specifically the hedgehog people. That said, Super Squirrel definitely has a solid place in a Vashal bg. For a long time the only Vashal was the Quillback, after a while came the Druid, then much later came all the others.

12. xezno

Just updated. Maybe if we pick a few themes to try and brainstorm on together and present them to sok with a solid outline, we maybe able to help with direction. Come on pick a theme and lets get to work! :)