Vothsair Iregaurd.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Jan 28, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

2. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

I found it was really hard to use them befor expansion due to cost. , they are better now but id like to give it some time to see it shake out with the bomb nerf.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly the only thing i have a problem with in ud is they have to much movement with the relocate demon and dimension doors. I don't appreciate a unit moving 6 spaces putting a door down then another champ teleporting next to mine 6 spaces away. Honestly i have more hate for pincushion with a frigging tinder box on him anti-range damaage shield 3 and x2 aura with 13 damage is annoying as hell to face.

Tarathil likes this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't think the problem is Arrow Eater, but like h0spy said, the fact that he just goes in and Firking pew pews everyone.

5. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

UD is not an exclusively melee faction anymore. Grimlic is fantastic and now UD has one of the best ranged units in the game with the bloodbow. Not to mention all the pseudo ranged attacks like flamestrike and axethrow. I think the real problem is that UD now has range on par with other factions while still being easily the best melee faction and having the best counters to range, explaining why UD has become such a strong faction. Also Ireguard is seeing plenty of play by top UD players not named Badgerale.

RedScarlet likes this.
  6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

(When ud out cleanses fs for a long time)

SaintKiwi likes this.
  7. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Yeah but an axe throw doesn't compare to x2 shots from serkan or lich king. Why do you think people need demon shields so much? Anti range is what they need most because it's easy to beat an UD bg if it doesn't have anything to counter range. You can just camp it out in 2,4,6 fonts maps and easily win unless you rush because that's just how it is. Generally UD champs will win 1v1 situations in melee but they lack vs group of range. Bloodbow has only 4 shots to prove herself and done. She's a regular champ. Again, limited range like flamestrike and maybe UD has range champs but they get less bonus and sometimes they're only better in a specific bg.

8. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

I haven't seen any serkans or LKs since the expansion (likely a result of their extreme costs). I don't actually have a problem with UD's antirange or arrow eating champs, I am more concerned with the range UD has. I think UD's emergence as a top faction is a direct result of being the best melee faction, having the best anti range in a game where range is huge, and having amazing mobility with the DEP. They should not have received such a great ranged champion when UD is already tops in many areas of the game.

9. Nizzer11

Nizzer11 Well-Known Member

I have serious issues with the 73 nora, 7 speed, executing, rending, deep wounding, warguarded Deep Elf manslayer. First turn deploy is usually GG. Nothing can go 1v1 vs that rune. That thing is a wrecking house. Its good any time any where. Its upgrades are ********. You actually get a far superior champ by removing Combat awareness, its base ability. Why does this thing have Warguarded???

UD needs a serious toning down. + 4 damage is way to much. Needs to go to +2/+1.

10. vucharms

vucharms New Member

I never thought I'd see the day that people are complaining about UD instead of KF. God is great. So is Desert Owl.

Etherielin and DarkJello like this.
  11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

You must be new around here

12. vucharms

vucharms New Member

Not too much. I stopped playing awhile back. On and off since 2007 or so. I'm not an expert I'll admit but I still live Poxnora.

13. Revengercm

Lol Imo 4 is too low if they are so called, the best melee champions. I see a lot of other factions champs with way higher damage than UD. Damage doesn't seem that unique in UD. Sure we have gahlroon, vothsairs, pit dragons, sheoul demon, grimlic etc. etc. but other factions have many ways to get or bypass that dmg UD usually has. I use execution on Manslayer. Simply because if it gets nerf I will still use it equally. I generally don't like to use OP stuff (Minos my case) because that doesn't make me a better player.

I have seen a lot of bgs in the FW section with serkans. Maybe not lich kings but that's not even the point. Every faction has something that UD doesn't have so having the best melee champs in their faction is great. Who is in there (FF UD) other than grimlic, goblin archer (nobody uses), bloodbow (4 hits go quick pretty fast) and harbs (which they should be like that since they're LE). They all can be 1 range because how will I be able to defeat some physical resistance pain in the ass champ? That's something that UD lacks as well in some cases is Alt dmg and there isn't that much of strategy options other than beat the Bane Shift out of that strategist with melee.

14. Revengercm

I met the game in 2009 and have been off and back but I never really got into rank that much. Generally because it was P2W back then. Now since DOG have restored the game, at least for me I can get everything I have always wanted and spent a couple of $ to save me up some time. I am playing way more pvp but still haven't decided to play rank. I currently have 3 bgs done, 1 that needs one rune, 1 that needs 2 and then I'll make me a spider one and after a imp one and learn how they're played so TG should help. Since the game has its ups and down you must prepare a bunch of bgs so you use the most OP so you stay LL but I'll say I'll play all of them unless some are mega weak. Idk but you always end up saying, nah too much time to waste building a bg but suddenly you get an urge to build a bg and it feels sad to be so far.

15. vucharms

vucharms New Member

I fell off of POX for a little while when the franchise was sold. Back when UD faction bonus was higher and when Grimlic wasn't a traitor. Hehehe

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

17. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

This is true. When writing this I did not take pseudo ranged champs into account. Bloodbow is without a doubt UD's most overpowered ranged champ despite the fact that it losses ranged after a few attacks. I do think this champ is 10 Nora undercosted. That being said, your points are valid and I agree with you.

scrampy likes this.
  18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Do you even LL nerd

Gust Gord likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

nice quote there, scrub

20. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

i agree , Buff UD

SPiEkY likes this.