Vothsair Iregaurd.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Am I the only person who thinks that buffing a range immune champ to have Multi attack 3, Rend, 17 damage base and a ridiculous amount of hp is beyond moronic? I get that the champ has faithless as a drawback and it costs a good chunk of nora but the only way to kill him is via melee and if you're unable to 1 round him then he will just 2 shot your champs. Not to mention that he has 17 damage base in FF UD, so why does he need rend and/or fury on top of that?

Perhaps I'm just salty because I don't like runes that are immune to 50% of the champs in this game, but I really feel this champ needs toning down.

Vorian likes this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He's still vulnerable to CC in a faction that lacks spot cleanse. He is real strong though.

3. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Ireguard. Spell it right scrub.

chickenpox2 and Tarathil like this.
  4. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Could be worse, he COULD have life siphon.

Morfeas likes this.
  5. Vote Kanye 2020

True, but UD has several ways to keep him alive or to benefit from his death either negating your advantage or making your opponent come out at a profit (Masochism, Ret, Sac, Beckon, etc.). So more often than not CC is not a viable option.

6. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I think he is fine as is. My only problem with UD is relocate demon's cd being 1 turn.

RedScarlet and Tarathil like this.
  7. Vote Kanye 2020

Equip it with Hate Leech, then gg while you cry in a corner ;) (Granted, that's additional nora, but still a possibility.)

Dhamun likes this.
  8. DukeofDunks

Also requires an extra rune slot. Though i guess you could argue youre just making a mini klizik with demon shield.

9. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Maybe its just me, but I think Arrow Eater is a big issue to balance, because it hasn't many ways to work around it. Just screws all ranged attackers, even non basic attacks. In this particular case, running your melees face to face against UD is a bad idea most of the time.
    Maybe Arrow Eater could be changed to only prevent damage from basic attacks, leaving room to counterplay.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  10. Vote Kanye 2020

Oh god, don't get me started on K'lzik -_-

MEATMAN and SPiEkY like this.
  11. DukeofDunks

Why not have it work like a psuedo warguard? You can only eat 6-8 or so arrows before the ability is removed. Or maybe itll be four arrows and only temporarily gone.

12. Vote Kanye 2020

That wouldn't really change anything. Even if Arrow Eater only worked for X ranged attacks, it's not worth the ap and additional damage he gets to remove 1 of X stacks. So he would basically continue being immune to ranged damage.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just playing Devil's advocate but AoE abilities also bypass it (Including Rain of Arrows which is humorous.)

IMAGIRL, Tarathil, MEATMAN and 3 others like this.
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ye, UD does have plenty of counterplay.

What if Arrow Eater consumed the first, say, 2 attacks in a round? Then the opponent faces a trade off of chugging in damage to the champ, or one rounding it.

15. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

It really is and h0spy got wrecked by an eazy 95 Nora rune

16. DukeofDunks

This is assuming that arrow eater even needs fixing, which i dont believe is the case considering ranged units dominate the upper echelons of play.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It may be my UD Zealotry speaking here, but I think Arrow Eater, for the most part, is fine, due to the extreme advantage range still has in this game.

18. Vote Kanye 2020

I did?

19. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

Wait... Are you even LL in case you haven't noticed h0spy is a fierce LL player who is known all throughout the game and you're.... New... climb the ranks before you speak of balance

20. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

UD has spot cleanse now through purefire IIRC.

2x2 melee champs need a lot of love, more so for 90 nora ones. I don't feel he is unreasonable, but then again I have not faced him much so maybe I have not seen him put to good use.