Firk with boobs. Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmmonReros, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Haven't female Firk had boobs since forever?

Anyway, I'd assume it means they suckle their young, despite their quasi-cephalopodic nature.

2. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Well if you read early our hypothesis is that there are no young firk. So my stance was that since firk are known as the true protectors of the swamp (not to mention Jellibrium) and based on lore have been in the swamp/every protectorate faction as a diplomatic race they are born from Nora itself in the swamp. There is no age with them, for they are eternal, they don't have an age. Time has no effect on them. This could also be said for the jellibrium and I would like to see maybe this further explored in the future. I mean from what I read in lore The Plague of Bah'Lah was stopped by the Jellibrium (Coral Creeper) and the firk atm are sortav....well leading the investigation at why the nora is being sucked from the lands and where all the heroes went.

Read a few post before assuming next time ;)

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I like the theory that they are in fact airs acs or cuttlebones. It helps them with buoyancy when underwater but acts as support when above water.

They incidentally have to wear clothing because they are psychics and we all know that people's minds are always in the gutter even if they aren't mammaries.

soulmilk likes this.
  4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

How do we know those are not watermelons growing on their chests?

soulmilk likes this.
  5. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

The Ronin story specifically mentions a Firk as being 16 and adolescent. So that theory can be tossed out. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I quite liked where that was going, too. Perhaps we can get a rewrite. I suppose that Skyfe could have simply risen up from the Nora sixteen years ago. The story doesn't necessarily imply reproduction.

6. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Oldmaster: I would say you are correct in that the story does not actually imply physical reproduction. In fact, the nature of how their memories are shared from one "generation" to the next is not discussed either, which leaves the door open to explore the "timeless" quality of the firk.

As for the sexes -- there is actually a simple and complete answer. The firk were not always "timeless" as a race.

JellyBerry, Qucas, Ohmin and 5 others like this.
  7. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

ye olde tactic of answering question with moar questionz

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Neat!

9. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

So, I just got a response from Gedden, of all people, about lore. That's just incredibly cool. Welcome back to the forums, big guy. We missed you and I hope there are no hard feelings. You've been doing well so far. I would ask about a billion questions about a billion different things, but that would be uncouth.

As for the rest of it, I like the idea of the Firk as a race that evolved a timeless shared consciousness. I really like that you have apparently thought about this. There is also that very interesting tidbit that the Firk share the memory of the Separation upon their sixteenth birthday, which implies an incomplete joining of the hive mind. What memories remain to be shared, I wonder?
    Other than that, just more questions.
    To reiterate: OMG GEDDEN REPLIED TO MY POST IN THE FORUMS, ASDFGHLKHY!!!!!!

Qucas, soulmilk, Ohmin and 2 others like this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

This assumes they were always timeless, that they were never "born" from a physical body and simply always existed without beginning or end. And well, they aren't actually immortal. Many Firk often die, especially when the Spellblasters aren't too careful with their aim, or the Almsgivers run out of random Swamp creatures to sacrifice. So it would make sense that some are also born, and not just from floating blue globes.

I'm just saying, if you want to call me out for making assumptions, don't be too quick to make your own ;)

11. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

With all the input from page 5 I now start to believe that the Collective Hive Mind blob thing that the Firk have is like a cloning machine. Not "perfect" as it spits out Firk in different shapes and forms but perfect in the way that it creates beings that can exist on their own but apparently need the guidance of the big blob.
    This makes me think about what would happen if there was only one big firk pooping blob though and if that was corrupted or destroyed. Though I assume that to be really hard as it is probably at the bottom of the swampy ocean. And when new Firk ascend they literally do that. Arise from the bottom of the swamp and walk out the water as a grown being.
    The "age" that they then have on the surface may just be an indicator to measure their time wandering the land. Just for better understanding for other races.

Oldmaster and soulmilk like this.
  12. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Because Because Because Because BEEECAAAAUSE!!!! Because of the wonderful things they do!!!!

13. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

14. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Some1 has gotta keep Cthulhu happy!

15. Skullferno

So I just read the actual lore that was released with the ronin. I usually don't do this because most of the time(including this time) it's just a snip it of a story that has nothing to do with the actual lore. Sure it gave a great backround of gods I never even knew existed due to their non-role in the game or even in rune creation, but also to a backround of the new map and campaign. This is great and all but like meh. I'd much rather get a short sweet version of that and also get updated on what every race is doing during this time of great chaos in the world. I mean hell, what are Snaps doing? what are slags doing? I haven't even heard about tortuns or any split races playing a world role in years.

Now onto what actually I found out. Firks are the last great empire still standing of the original 4(other 3 aren't mention) and are also not timeless. They have young and a birthing process. This is highly confusing since almost all rune or past story has been very vague and mysterious and how they are almost like the shadows.
    This tale says they are a proud race of mental fortitude and very family/kingdom oriented. Yet....we've never heard of their kingdoms or their proud empire/*put in whatever you want to dictate their way of power*

If I may be so bold I love the new runes but they sortav show....well just some random stuff. If Firks are really this powerful empire in the swamp(oh god please no salamander lore of how they make every Nora-Tech and have the greatest wealthy city ever yet they suck and somehow are the worse race in FS that doesn't do much cept scout for MIA gekaal) why haven't we seen runes based on that power? Most firks are wizards but they have the look of rogues or shadowy looks.

Why haven't we had firk knights? Or like a firk paladin? I'd imagine this race of extreme religious almost dictatorship of an empire would have a wide variety of classes. I get it that they know a great ordeal do to their mental sharing ability and are profound psychic users but come on? A psychic knight would be awesome and probably would be in charge of protecting the king.

Theres an idea....the firk king.

idk reading this new lore just confused me. It twisted everything I thought the firk were and made it not so. I felt these guys were like Gekaals best friends and lived near him and didn't have a government but like a order that was dictated by a high wizard not a king.

I'm just trying to write down what I have seen so far.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Bandgeek23 and soulmilk like this.
  16. Skullferno

Also a sidenote for the sex thing. I'm guessing they are somehow....like bogs? They lay eggs and combine it with nora or some sort of way like that?

17. Skullferno

Also this reminded me heavily of Halo:The Forerunner Saga. If you ever get to read those books (really good books btw) the forerunners aren't immortal but what they do is this.

They get to an age or stage in their life (they wear suits of technology that does everything for them such as breathing and etc. I'm literary saying anything they need that they would take time away from their work or studies) where they want to mature and learn a lot more. So they pick a role model and what they do is called a metamorphosis and they do a genetic ritual that combines the person and the role models DNA together and the person receiving the DNA for the metamorphosis genetically reconstructs their entire body to mix with the role model. This means the person shares all memories, physical traits, and even weaknesses with that person. They do this every thousand years or so and they call stages of life. They do age but to negate that the suit they wear helps slow the aging process and also when they metamorphosis they basically are reborn again.

I imagine the firk have some ritual similar (less scientific more mind meld) where a ritual is done and the oldest member and the youngest virtually link their minds together so the youngest receives all knowledge of the firk ever was due to how they do it every generation. This literary means you will receive a whole family line of knowledge of millennia

18. Skullferno

So actually the firk we always thought were smart and intelligent but it isn't from pure studying but actually becasue they have a hundred life times of knowledge in their memory. They probably use 100% of their brain power and that is how they became masters of psy, because from what I gathered in the lore back in the old days of 4 kingdoms they didn't have psy mastery but used primitive weapons such as swords and what not.

19. Skullferno

@Sokolov stop me if I am wrong and correct me almighty Cactar god but am I having a revelation here and finally connecting the puzzle pieces together and becoming one with the tentacles?

20. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

This is your life cycle
    Human -> Explode -> Nora Globe -> Firk

Skullferno likes this.