Theme Adjustments #1 - Wings and Hyaenids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Its Amzaing!

2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

If you want to buff hyaenids give hyaenid Mundunugu 3-5 range and reduce the cost of dog pile by 1-2 nora, also reduce the cost of serf to the djinn by 1-2 nora. Also please give 1 of our champs defiling aura.

3. Vorian

Yep. If he got buffed to 3-5 range we could afford a moga cannon nerf.

4. Vorian

But he would be great in SP meta with 3-5 range. 3-4 range is just useless.

5. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

This isn't about being great in Meta, it's about themes.

6. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

I like the relic that triggers on deploy and death

jayscales1 likes this.
  7. Nora That

maybe make griffin perch do the triggering as well?

jayscales1 likes this.
  8. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

Can this update happen already im so ready to play with a viable sigil bg

9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Me too.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

10. Nora That

I don't Like it, sustain will require spending ap and they are already pretty slow in general that would leave them with little opportunity to attack. And also it would feel like they are all utility champions and that just doesn't sound appealing

jayscales1 likes this.
  11. Nora That

not to mention the extra moves one would have to do once you got 6-7 champs out before you could even attack losing a big portion of your turn just sustaining or granting

jayscales1 likes this.
  12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Then I'd have expected you to be bothered by Grant moreso than Sustain, because overall, Grant requires more AP. I tried to give Platinum Wing some Declare Target for AP gen, before I realized how crazy that was and before I realized godam Tailwind is on Griffin Rider (ruining any chance for Sigils to get some civilized not over the top AP gen). But yes, they are slow and I had no idea for how to adress that. I instead turned to lots of fancy movement abilities and relying on the player knowing how to spend AP carefully.

The thing about all of them feeling like utility champions is strange to me. Would you prefer their only activated ability was the basic attack? That's usually the source of complaints about how boring a rune is and this sounds like it would alleviate the boredom issue. I play SL a lot so I am very familiar with that side of the spectrum and you would not like it.
    But I guess if you insist on looking at it that way, well, they "are" all utility, yes. Most of them have something useful for a situation, that they can give to who needs it. That's kind of the point and it sounds quite appealing actually. But is a champion "utility" just for having some utility splashed on it? I'd doubt it.

Also, there was no such suggestion in the post you quoted, did you mean to quote all of it? Cuz I broke it into 3 parts after I saw how long it was (that was pointless, idk why I did that).

13. Nora That

i give you props for writing all those ideas down and on paper they look decent, but im looking at it from a players perspective, and it will become a burden to have to sustain or grant with every champ (timewise). I actually like the splash ability and in my personal experience it confines them to a phalanx style only for a moment (of the splash) the biggest issue most people have with wings is their "unrunnable, there are better choices for the cost" ...

jayscales1 likes this.
  14. Vorian

A good lightning buff would be to give hyaenid mundunugu range 3-5.

15. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

-_-

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

viable sigil bg?have you even played them?they are viable,the fact is that they get outshadow by the meta and if this adjustment is to compete with it i see difficult to find a real balance over them

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  17. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

Warning: opinion of PvE player--ignore as per usual.

IS has no place in PvE, so I didn't read that part.

SP Hyaenid/Djinn is one of the few themes I play. I'd rather see Executioner remain a costly hard-hitter than be turned into just-another-75nora-grunt. Holy crap, dude. How many of those do we need in the game? The homogenization is already insane.

I like the +1 range Djinn idea, though I'm wondering what the cap on it would be. I assume it won't stack since you clearly hate buff stacking. How about an effect that dissipates with distance: +3 range for champs within 2; +2 range for champs within 3-4, +1 range for champs within 5-6.

Personally, I consider Grant abilities garbage. Most of them don't last long enough or have sufficient effect to be worth the AP casting cost. I'd rather see Djinn get something like a pumped up version of Shroud. How about a Shroud-like protection against LoL attacks? That would at least be interesting.

18. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

if you think those high A** birds with no detection, no shatter, and no speed last but not least no execution factor for ex( fist of bastion or hammerfall lonx or hyaenid executioner) is a viable theme then buddy you obviously have never played in limited lg and lasted over 2 weeks

19. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

thats the point a theme has weakness and the first you are doing is compare them with meta, and yes i have played with some limited players using metas, so go treat someone like Bane Shift somewhere else

Shatter= disarm Detection= Ubnostructed view Execution= wings of glory damage decrease=righteous defelction/mark of redemption

IS has a lot of support spells i donĀ“t know why you are so mad bruh, ruined you hype? deal with it

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  20. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

The very purpose of LoL is to go around things that reduce damage, making something that reduces LoL (other than conduit, which is more to counter the global aspect) is very very very counter intuitive from a design point of view.

The grant abilities proposed would last forever (or until you choose a new target), and would have AP cost 1 (at least, in the current draft)