Good job balancing KF Sokolov. KF is balanced the other factions are just bad.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Isn't shocked, just an fyi.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Was anyone?

3. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

You know, i was kinda sad too see how they are taking down AA, i know it's op and stuff, but can all titans get playable at least? we all in all factions want to play with our titans.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why haven't we touched on maps as the core speed issue of the game yet? Or going second as a speed issue in the game, honestly anytime i play a k'thir player and i go first i win. If i control my font before they can contest i usually win to.

The problem is going second sometimes you don't even get a fighting chance against certain factions and that to me is the most frustrating part of pox. If my opponent outwits me outplays me and is more strategic then me awesome kudos to them. When i don't draw a champ or they draw a 7 speed flyer and go first and rush my font before i can even own it that is what makes me mad and is where pox ultimately fails as a strategy game.

5. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

i said this like a week ago but it got lost

split-+1 ap
    FF-+1 ap and gains a extra ap the next turn if it has 4 ap

6. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Yeah, with a title like this- the thread was bound to be garbage

7. vucharms

vucharms New Member

Or all Kthir gains said faction bonus each turn if it has not attacked. Still makes them agile but not as much in combat.

Kinda like accrue.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  8. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

their problem is being too fast out of the gate, maybe even reverse it and gain speed in combat

9. vucharms

vucharms New Member

You mean like an alternative version of Enrage? Whereby you recover AP from taking damage?

You could also do a system of charges in that case too, which converts charges into raw AP but only if the champion has received a basic attack.

10. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

seriously, what the hell is up with rage of kthir that fricking thing is just stupid

mw24 likes this.
  11. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

i just lost to MW do you see the severity of this situation?

hfok likes this.
  12. Mightycheeser

Mightycheeser New Member

how abouuuuut, instead of bringing KF down we take the other factions up a bit. Though i guess harder to implement tweaking all others up to a level than bringing one down to benchmark. BUT it would help keep the game more fresh and interesting and actually reward the stratergy mind rather than the monkey copy mind. Opinions?

13. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Ud and St needs down, not kf. Everything points to this. Logic and real meta stats. Inly thing points against is those two op factions have more forum followers who post crap about other factions (read: kf right now)

14. Nizzer11

Nizzer11 Well-Known Member

This is a really good idea. It keeps the theme of KF intact while at the same time lowering the initial impact of the faction bonus on the early game.

Also tone down
    UD to +2/+1
    ST to +6/+3
    SL to +2/+1 armor
    IS to -4/-2

Beasts for life likes this.
  15. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

For me the problem with the KF bonus is the threat range they get, especially in midfont fights and that KF do almost always contest that midfont first. This forces you to contest too and eat the damage of all that DIRTCHEAP champs KF has right now.
    The problem is cheap meat and KF bonus + if you try to engage that champs they simply move away because they have auto mobility.

That 12 ap wall of cheap meat needs to go.

My idea for a KF bonus would be: "All champs get "Ready" and 1 Rank of can store 1 AP more after a champ is deployed"
    Splits get just the 1 AP like now.
    This would prevent first turn speed wins.
    Its also is close to the original.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I've been complaining about KF for months and KF is still ridiculous and the devs just blow me off. I'm changing tactics now. I'm going to get battlemaster with kf instead and let other people complain. Winning with kf is better than losing to players playing it. Nobody copy me it's my turn for battlemaster -___-.

Sealer0 likes this.
  17. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I think the reason KF is considered OP is mostly due to the maps. I think that they are in need of addressing, and this has been the case for a while now. We can't focus on changing a speed based bonus in which it will affect every champion in the faction before we address the perceived reason they are causing so many losses, which it would seem is speedy draw wins

18. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Yep, like on elemental plateau if he has a 7 speed champ and you don't you're pretty much ****ed cause you have to have a relic and that situation is still sub optimal.

19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

yes, that is one example.

There is a lot of in depth map scrutiny that we could go into, and the same issues would arise on almost every map. Some time just needs to be taken to make sure that all those maps are more forgiving to draw disadvantages.

20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why are you all confused in the fact that the only faction bonuses that need toned down are st and k'thir. No other factions bonuses are absolutely tearing it up right now, you could say ud yet they have little ranged options. Honestly i first started this game playing k'thir and i am interested in them getting a new bonus and i am tired of facing st's 70 hp champs with majestic and blizz cloak.