Legendary Harbingers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkpally5, Feb 6, 2015.

1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

didn't we already discuss this before?

2. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

Important things get discussed more than once. Encouraging people to buy them from 3rd party sites isn't the best idea, at least have a limited time sale and make some money off them. I'd totally buy one for 50 bucks, and I know many people who would. For the sake of gameplay there is literally no reason to not make a legendary version though, make it different just like the 150k's. This way you keep the prestige, and make them more available for everyone else to use because one they are good, and 2 they are as cool as the other side of the pillow.

3. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

I hate Harbingers!!!

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

ujelly?

[​IMG]

XFurionsX likes this.
  5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I dont see why we couldn't have a leg version of harbies ....untradeable and only attainable by a silly amount of gold. Just make it look like a transfigured shrine ...an owl pellet of justice

6. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

More like: Empty Wallet dek

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

True that

8. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Rapid assaults not even limited

claydude5, MEATMAN and SPiEkY like this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm too poor to get the LEs :(

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

spieky this turned on you quickly man

I love it

SaintKiwi and SPiEkY like this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

They're all just jealous

XFurionsX and MEATMAN like this.
  12. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

no one likes that idea?

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Personally I'd go the "nerf them into the ground" route.

But then I don't own any, so I can't say I speak for those that do. Yet if the forum is any indication (and it may well not be, go go vocal minorities!) those that own them would rather not see more of them out and about. Quite frankly though, I think it's pretty clear that even with non-LE versions of various runes, the LE ones have mostly retained their collectability. Norafire Elemental, for example, is still quite valuable even though it's had a "regular" version since forever.

Obviously, there is a certain history for Harbingers. But as long as they (and Doombringers for that matter, possibly Renevators but they seem to not be an issue at present, also Fan Faire) have a solid impact on the game, it does represent a barrier for those that haven't played for years already. This is a niche game with a relatively small playerbase, and it's things like this that help contribute to keeping it small. Availability is better than ever, but there are still areas to improve.

If they had as much impact on it all as Giving Trees, there wouldn't be a problem but as it is...

So the trick is to balance the prospect of growth, while still catering to those that have and continue to support the game within it's (relatively) small community of players. To me, making them less relevant accomplishes both.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

<3

15. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

It makes me depressed , and happy to say i have every rune in that bg except the x2 harb and tree , *cries*

16. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Players would rather re-ask a question than look up the answer. To be fair, it's not that easy to look up something like this.

TLDR -- this was extremely unpopular when it happened before, so it won't happen again.

This was a decision from the designers, not the community (though there's supporters on both sides)

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

To also be fair, it's sometimes worth asking something again just to see if positions have changed over time or if the playerbase changed at all. For me it hasn't changed in any significant manner, but it might have for others.

18. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I love you

JellyBerry likes this.