Discussion: Valentines Day Rune & Last Days of Ronin Mega Box

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Let me classify and further complain about the freeness of my free stuff.

Sirius and Qucas like this.
  2. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

What's with all the posts looking a gift horse in the mouth? If you don't want it don't put in the code, if you want it be grateful to have the 1x from the event. Whining about it is no way to encourage them to do more in the future potentially with more than just a recolor and even if you don't like the recolor or the base rune free is free. How about a thank you DOG instead?

Thanks DOG.

Pattn199 likes this.
  3. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Better than messenger's eyes?

4. Myrrh

Myrrh New Member

I agree >_>

Anyway, thanks for the freebie.

Dwlr likes this.
  5. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

can i has a pax redeem code plsĀ”?

BTW: ty shes hot

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

PAX code is over.

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Was kinda hoping Thor would come in as a standalone, but this is really cool too! Like the rune on its forehead. Thanks for the rune. :D

Dwlr likes this.
  8. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

too bad

9. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

What is the thought process behind LE runes that are openly given away to anybody who wants them being untradable?

Really the only reason I can come up with is that it's supposed to prevent people from hoarding them now and reselling them later for unspeakable amounts of money.
    However if I look at runes like the LE Executioner or Carrionling, which were both given out as presents forever ago and still are close to being worthless... I Just fail to see the point of the untradable tag on the thing.

You have collectors in the game. They like having 2x of every tune in their list. And while free things are awesome and we are all thankful and what not it is still lame for the people who you are trying to protect. (Still assuming that it's a preemptive "shark" prevention. )
    Picture yourself as a future IS collector who wants a complete play set of the faction, would you rather have the option to overpay a little to finish your collection or have no option at all?

As far as I know the LE Firk that was given away on PAX is tradable (at least Poxbox thinks it is since it gave the rune a ~70$ price tag) and I didn't see people complain about it being tradable despite its very limited availability. Meanwhile every time you give something untradable away that everyone can have (high availability, low rip off potential) you'll find people complaining about it.

Maybe you could just make it tradable? I don't think that anyone would have an issue with that.
    @Senshu @Sokolov @SomebodyWhoCares

10. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

What? No Thor, the Tempest Boar with Pet:Barbarian Huntress? I'm disappoint.

Make Ayla sprite's eyes glow, please?

11. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Having the trade restriction on the LE has multiple reasons. The main reason is so we can give it out at again in the future and there will be just as much incentive for players to engage in the process as when it was first made available. The main reason these runes are special is because their supply is limited. There are two ways of limiting the supply. Either you only have X Number of runes in circulation or you restrict the ability to trade the runes.

For the most part the LE Firk is not tradable. There may be a few floating around that is because at the time we were still tweaking the Redemption Code system and some may have slipped through the cracks.

We are trying some different methods to make LE runes feel different and unique.

13. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Being a LE is enough incentive for players to engage in the process of obtaining it. Especially if it's just about entering a code. Nobody in the history of ever will say "Oh, a LE rune, but I already have three of those. So not going to get a fourth!" - Though they'll still complain about repetitive presents. Maybe some collectors will be happy because they'll finish their 2x collection next time you hand this rune out. Meanwhile new players might be upset because they missed the first give away and are in need for a third to get their 2x collection. And if a third would happen the old players who already have 2x of the rune would definitely complain while the ones who just now completed their 2x collection might actually be happy about it. Of course you'll also have created some new collectors with only 1x of the rune with the third give away who'll be happy about a fourth give away while there'll be a growing group of people who'll be tired of the rune you are handing out... see a problem there? Just let us trade them. We can sort that stuff out by ourselves.

And yes, limited supply is what makes collecting fun. However when you hand out untradable runes for a limited amount of time you pretty much kill off all supply when you stop handing them out. And that is no fun at all. At some point you'll be forced to completely kill the supply since you can't be giving out the same untradable rune every year if you want to make the rune feel special. Or I guess you actually do continue to give them out every year and shoot yourself in the foot in regards of making it feel like something special? Can't be your goal though, can it? If it isn't, then you are going back to the "no supply" thing. And I know I'm kind of going in a circle with this, but I don't know how else to express that forbidding people to trade things in Pox Nora is a horrible idea.
    As far as I'm aware, the best feeling that you can get out of people when it comes to a LE being untradable is indifference. So far I didn't see anybody go "Please make my LEs untradable." Meanwhile there are a bunch of people who get upset each time a new LE ends up being untradable. Maybe it's time to draw a conclusion and stop releasing untradable things, pretty please?

14. Zilla

Zilla New Member

Bug(?) report:

At the site, Ayla is listed just as an archer, not a ranger.

15. Steelation

Steelation New Member

This is a very poorly thought out idea.
    If you make cards bind on acquire in a TCG or CCG where player trading is not only available but encouraged, you are taking one hell of an ass backward decision.

If your fears are that these LE cards will find themselves on a parasite site where the owner is selling your digital goods for his monetary gain, then bombard that leech with legal restraints. It is in your rights to do so and you wont be the first dev house to use the legal route to cull gold selling parasites. Or better yet, up the ante and install an in-house auction system since the current poxnora trader - the remnant of SOE mismanagement, is next to complete garbage. But dont penalize the players for whatever reason, since I know that some collectors would most likely trade an entire semi-decent deck to a newbie for such LE cards. Why shoot the already stagnant rune trade in the knees by releasing BoA runes?

And please, dont give that lame excuse that players will not feel inclined to wait for and use the code next time around since they already got the card last time. No one in their right minds will pass on LE or any freebie solely on the basis of...spent incentive. As for supply being limited, by making runes BoA you are killing any chance for the rune to be traded so it doesnt even matter on the availability scale. Even if some really convicted player(s) makes a dozen or more alts to get the LE runes now just to trade later, how would it matter in the long run since such players will themselves hoard all other such runes to jack up the price of their precious, and therefore remove from circulation these very runes by trading away other runes with fellow players?

So by this same logic, why dont you devs drop a code that makes ALL LE cards (harbs, doomballs, whatever else) BoA while releasing Leg tradeable clones of the same cards in booster packs? You would not only decapitate those parasite sites which sell your hard work for $50+ a pop, in one swift strike but you will also end up increasing your own sales by introducing new legendaries (of the old LEs) and new boxes from where to pull them out from.

Well, at the end of the day its your game to make or your game to break. Unlike me, you guys have to live with the gravity of your decisions.

16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We are aware of this, but thank you for bringing it up.

17. IR0NHAMMER

IR0NHAMMER The King of Potatoes

has the VALENTINES code ended as I tried to claim it last night but it wouldn't let me was busy over the weekend as I was away for valentines so was a bit disappointing I couldn't claim it Monday night

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's over. It ended at 10am on Monday.

19. IR0NHAMMER

IR0NHAMMER The King of Potatoes

wow burned DOG you broke my heart. thanks for the quick reply

20. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

I'm assuming this rune was just a LE copy of Barbarian Huntress (or some other rune) but I find it slightly annoying that there was no in-game notification of this over the weekend. I played several games this weekend, and could have gotten the rune, but it was apparently advertised only on the forum.