Tiny is running FW.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Dreaddoll

Dreaddoll Devotee of the Blood Owl

wait what? we have to wait till midterm for next patch...???

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

The cycle is set (+ patch) patch midterm (+ patch) patch set (+patch).

Essentially this ends up being about 1 patch/month.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Looks like it.

Edit: I think you got your numbers wrong, but even if it was 1 patch/month, thats a terrible number, at least until the meta settles, which it hasnt.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. doubtofbuddha

They originally said there were going to be three sets per year with a midterm between. Between each of these releases would also be a balance patch, with I think additional bug patches in there soon (I was less concerned with them.)

So let’s say we base this cycle off a January release (which is when Ronin came out). This leave us with:

January: Set Release (Ronin)

February: Balance Patch

March: Mid-term

April: Balance Patch

May: Set Release

June: Balance Patch

July: Mid-term

August: Balance Patch

September: Set Release

October: Balance Patch

November: Mid-term

December: Balance Patch

With a balance patch also released with every big release, this leaves 1/month.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Funnily enough, we were promised weekly patches not so long ago once we got the extra programmers and whatnot.

@Pedeguerra

6. doubtofbuddha

When I said originally I meant just before/around when the new set came out. I am not aware of other promises/plans.

7. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I don't think that was the case, certainly we promised regular releases and more frequent patching, but weekly sounds a bit excessive.

Although I will definitely bring up the question of having patches scheduled for set times within a cycle internally.

We could absolutely do patches all the time, but then we wouldn't have time to work on larger features or new content, trust me, you aren't going to be disapointed when we are ready to put this next release out.

8. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I agree that patches need to happen more frequently, but it's kinda funny contrasting this with a few weeks ago when people were complaining that runes were being changed too frequently, "How can anyone have confidence in their collection when it changes so regularly, blah blah".

All of this back and forth is gonna give the poor Devs whiplash.

limone1981 likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I would have to find the quote, but you and other greens were saying that we could expect weekly patches from now on.

10. Moles

Yeah :p

We are trying to find a good balance between keeping things fresh and changing things too much, we had the expansion release, some small changes and then a massive massive patch. Since then we've been working super hard on our next big release, which is going to contain more than just new runes and a few balance changes.

You won't be waiting long till its live.

Capricis, Ohmin, chickenpox2 and 2 others like this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll be the first to say that the people who complained about frequent patches are morons, and deserve to be ignored.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Did people really cry about frequent patches?

Cause I've not seen any of that around.

13. doubtofbuddha

There was a thread after the last big patch filled with QQing. It is not a common sort of thing.

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Haha, this is mindblowing.
    Also, Moles, dont get me wrong, Im really happy you guys are pushing some new content with the next release, but why that has to happen simultaneously to a balance patch is beyond me.

15. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

As long as it doesnt mean new useless sub theme for SP I wont. I dont mind if you add to the theme now you started it, but please no more sub themes for awhile unless it is a fesh sub theme. I wouldnt mind moga constructs just because they would be hilarious! However they could not be meta viable combined with cyclops constructs because of G'hern bound.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  16. Moles

It was a company decision, we feel that players love it when they receive a massive release full of goodies - plus balance right now wasn't too bad and the meta isn't too stale, its been less than a month since the HUGE patch and our next release is just around the corner.

17. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

So the company is acting like a girlfriend who only lets you have s*x every few months?" They recieve a massive release full of goodies"

That relationship isn't gonna last :D

BurnPyro likes this.
  18. Moles

Like I said, its been 3 weeks since the last huge patch and the next release is literally just around the corner.

Would you really prefer a patch inbetween that then delayed the next release?

19. Fernando

Fernando The King of Potatoes

I preffer not to delay the next release.... :)

20. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

A balance needs to be given in regards to frequency of patches.

Too long and people lose interest.
    Too short and people get frustrated with too much change.

So far so good in my opinion although an argument could be made for emergency balance patch but that would require some detail on what would qualify that.