Bad Worms

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Feb 14, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If the first explosion isn't working, I'm not sure if that's WAI. I would guess it's because Brainless is some how coded as a Sac effect. Certainly makes the rune much worse, as Bile Explosion is an expensive ability.

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Managed to climb and stay for atleast a day in limited league with worms.They are definitely a solid theme,looking foward to seeing how long can i stay with them in LL.

I would recomend playing worms to anyone who is looking for something different and fun to play,the only isssue is that you will face a lot of lag in really long matches or after few game so you will need to restart the game every now and then.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I played one worm guy the other day, and his shrine kept only increasing. Gotta tell you, even though I won it was a freaking hard match.
    If Im not mistaken, old Necrosis would reduce the shrine deployment zone when a unit who had it was killed.
    So quick questions: Is this not the case anymore? As long as I keep deploying units with Necrosis the shrine keeps expanding? No other way to reduce it?

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

To reduce it, deploy non-worm/arthropods.

5. Netherzen

https://poxbase.com/ability/338

6. Pedeguerra

Ok, thanks.

Edit: the reason for my questioning is that this might be problematic in the future, as the theme gets better runes and whatnot. What you guys think?

7. Netherzen

Necrosis is really strong,but worms are pretty bad so its kinda balanced right now and you need to reach mid-late game(depending on the map) to have benefit from it.So yes,worms should be buffed/released with care and caution.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

A great solution: don't give Worms good units. Or, make Necrosis like a 20 nora ability and fit it into upgrades rather than base for a couple champions.

9. Pedeguerra

Hahah, what a bad solution.
    In all seriousness, though, an idea would be for every dead unit the deployment zone reduces 1 space.
    Remember, Im not asking for nerfs on it due to the bad state of the units, its just something to keep in mind and to get the discussion going.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Why would giving Worms bad units be a bad solution? Changing around the ability cost would be a formulaic way of enforcing the same design idea.

11. Netherzen

This would kill worms,as they depend on attrition and late game,thus they will die a lot and completely shut down their only advantage.

XFurionsX likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

To echo: decreasing 1 on death is exactly how worms used to be. It produced an illusion of dynamism that only channeled the mediocrity of a non-functional theme.

13. Pedeguerra

I dont know man, Ive seen Ryv play them a long time ago and it was beautiful.
    Either way, just something to keep in mind for the future. Cheers and good luck with the worms.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If Necrosis becomes too strong in the future, I would suggest making it decay if a Necrosis champ isn't deployed in X turns.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

And now the nerf calls have begun
    All that's left to say is "My work here is done"​

Reddust and Netherzen like this.
  16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

@Pedeguerra
    There is only two ways to reduce the zone:
    1- deploy a non arthropod/worm champion.
    2- Transfigure (resets zone to 0)

A special note that the zone can be rebuilt after transfigure which can be surprising but very risky.

Yes this can potentially be problematic in the future.

I expect that with the theme getting attention and more synergy being injected into its runes that the bonus could be adjusted.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Worms already have a ton of synergy -- more than any other theme out there. The only thing that makes Worms less than awesome right now is their small champ pool.

Netherzen likes this.
  18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

"and the worms ate into his brain"- pink floyd

claydude5 and Netherzen like this.
  19. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

You can actually get a deployment zone after transfigure..?

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i have been testing a myx worm spilt, so far so good.
    upload_2015-3-1_2-34-18.png

Netherzen likes this.