New Legendary: Elsari Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Mar 3, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

"Well priced due to mercenary" is a hell of a phrase. Comparing the pricing model to Nora Induction makes me want to jump from a great height. Honestly, I would have a ton of fun messing around with this champ if it weren't for my pathological hatred of that one ability. Damn shame, cause it fits the unit.

2. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Is it that you feel the ability should give a credit of more than 12 Nora, or that it should only take 3 Nora turn at it's current credit?
    How would you want it changed?

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Messing with the numbers would ease my tone, even if it wouldn't alleviate the underlying disgust. As it stands, I not only dislike the ability, I think it's terrible: it's cost what it refunded once the unit hits combat, and then it starts leeching more, and at a hefty rate. Fundamentally, I dislike being forced into those incremental payments, particularly ones that are detrimental. I could discount it if the penalty were lower. 8/-2 and I'd look at Merc champs again -- always willing to Spike it out, and there's some joy in that per se.

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Witch id say...but confusing for sure. I feel like this guy was previewed and people felt so strongly where he fit that you just wanted to throw a curve ball and force it into FW. If human module is to be a thing you need to tweak foul rite and reintroduce humans and synergy between is/FW dark paladin deck that got nuked. You used to be able to make a human slit deck with camaraderie and paladins...it sucked but it was at least possible

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aight, this may sound odd, but keep him a theme-less Human. Coherent, clean design unfettered by thematic associations is not only a rarity but a god-send.

Molosse likes this.
  6. SkeletonKing

This is exactly why I said undead. No specific theme, but he can be used without getting violated by the Tomb.

Plus also for FW, Undead is our generic, clean, theme-less race. As soon as he became human, he became something extremely dirty and awkward.
    At that point he's getting hit by the Tomb AND getting hit by Mercenary. He's getting double smacked. :p

(For those not following along, please note that on the previous page, Sokolov asked which we'd prefer, race undead, or class Witch.)

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

He doesn't really strike me as an undead unit either. The only other would be a vampire but that was a stretch.

What if he had Eat traps replaced with Deploy Bone Trap instead?

That sorta reinforces the human module and brings it into undead death benefit slightly.

Actually it may work so well with his signature ability that you could opt to swap hunter: Meek to upgrade and have bone trap deploy base.

Dislike eat traps immensely.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Eat traps goes with the tomb raiding, but it's such a useless ability. Fortunately, upgrade tree.

9. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- eat traps is the worst. I dont think anyone has ever got this wonky ass ability to even work. Eat traps to be worth it in this rare scenario that a trap is deployed to even eat would have to be larger range and be passive like detection...the trap literally just gets destroyed when the champ is within x spaces.....currently its worse then just stepping on a trap with a scrub champ for dealing with traps

D4rkSteel likes this.
  10. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

Eevn with Race: Undead AND Class: Witch I still don't like the cost.

How about get rid of Mercenary and the nora gained from Ransack and rise its cost slightly?

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He's be barely out for a day, lets see how he feels before busting the tinker tools open.

12. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

I do get the purpose behind an ability like mercenary. The problem is, you're not saving nora per se, you're paying in installments. (And eventually overpaying)

Now, having said that, I do think there's a ton of potential with this rune. I'm just struggling to figure out what that looks like. One suggestion I have to replace lay trap:boulder with Cursed Treasure. It both fits the theme of a tomb raider and gives some synergy with witches. I'd also like to see relocate:relic added. If it's cheap, then add to base. If it's not, then I'd replace Hidden:Rock with it. (I don't really see Hidden:Rock getting much play on this guy)

13. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Could you please explain the reasoning behind this runes release as for as why it was a FW human Rouge, What theme is it for or is it a "goodstuff", What role its suppossed to fill. maybe Im being over dramatic about my upsetness with pox right now. I feel like FW got another bad leg to go with the REST of them and I just dont think any of you are trying to WOW the FW community with rune creation like these. I wanna put my feelings aside and actually figure it out so bear with me :)

Also would you be open to a redesign of the rune if it turns out and unpopular and terrible like the rest of our legs?

TeaScholar likes this.
  14. Darkorona

Darkorona The King of Potatoes

giving it race undead would make him not runnable at foulrite (currently the only viable spot) and would still just be a legendary with no home, i think witch is better

15. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

witches already have a bunch of good mid range and long range champs. So many you cant run them all in your bg.

16. SkeletonKing

Zomg, you guys need Avatars, you all look the same. :confused:

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Can confirm, this guy has no home. Sadly, he isn't even good enough to sneak into GS. Mercenary just sucks too hard. Played a couple games, and would glance at my rune dock, think for a moment, decide I didn't want to start losing just yet, and deploy something else.

18. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Honestly in order to enjoy the champ at all, I'd say we have to rework it entirely- even it's lore.

But I know that you know that that's not going to happen. We got this dude, with a mini crossbow, and a whole bunch of sandbag and nora waste.

You guys can fix him however you like, he's not gonna be a burden on my mind.
    [​IMG]

D4rkSteel likes this.
  19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Honestly, I would play him if he lost Merc, Hunter, and had Snatch replaced with Shatter. Then you'd have a sick-looking, 65 nora shatter option that could poke from range, mess around on Rock or DMZ, and play with relics. This guy's design is cool, but it could be trimmed down even further.

20. SkeletonKing

I played a game with him earlier (I got two to test out in the hopes that he'd become Undead).
    My opponent didn't play any Relics for him to eat, so instead he ate my Nora. :(

Edit: Just played a second game. He was sitting there in my Runedock but when I looked at him, then looked at everything else available, he was just never the right option. Maybe Mercenary needs to give a credit of like 16, lol.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015