New Legendary: Elsari Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Mar 3, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

So, what are we going to do with this new 72 nora Human Mercenary? He's neat, I love the thematic work with his tomb-raiding deal, but I can't imagine where he fits into a BG. I guess if you need anti-equip? Mercenary is just such a janky ability.

2. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Can we just scrap him and get a new leg?

TeaScholar likes this.
  3. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

join the ranks of umbra wolf, and blinking creeper, never to be spoke of again.

Wut. Ransack so good, get rid of those pesky relics. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pretty sure I heard a green say they were not interest in humans out side of witches.

TeaScholar likes this.
  5. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

imho he is unable to remove marker and gets at least hit once by well :p Both are 3 range as well.

6. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I really want to give them my money. I really want to support PoxNora.

But as it is now, I can't see any reason to give them money for this guy.
    He doesn't fit in a single theme, making him a complete disappointment.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  7. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

No elsari Lara Croft?
    No money from me.

Ugh, just like that undead tortun

TeaScholar likes this.
  8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'd like to try him out before making a judgement. Ransak seems like it could have some useful interactions at least.

9. SkeletonKing

This quote has helped me realize that he's not for us.
    He was made to be used in splits.

10. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

For his cost, i'll run him 1x in witches as he is quite efficient for carrying both anti equip and anti relic. That said he feels really bland and doesn't fit in anywhere, the only reason would run him in witches is because of the DMZ for him to hide in and make use of his one ability which ties him to FW. This guy along with the honestly pointless new Putrid Creeper and basically still the same Mysian Lamia make me wonder just what the hell the devs have been up to since Ronin.

11. Darkorona

Darkorona The King of Potatoes

First the witch goes to fs, then we get a god damn tortun, then we get this Guy. My question is are they even thinking when they develop new runes? This guy is just a "meta" that will get hitted by our UT and disease auras. Seriously I hope this guy atleast gains race undead but, a complete rework to make it fit into a theme should be done.

Currently the only place i see him is on foulrite decks, and witches submodule is better so since he wont be affected by witching hour i'd rather run another witch instead of this joke.

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

see this is what happens in a content driven game. your old favorite content gets left further and further behind. and they eventually run out of flavorful ideas. human rogue. ok sure why not.

TeaScholar likes this.
  13. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I could come up with ten flavorful runes for fw in under an hour, it feels like they didn't have anything ready for fw so just recycled a kf rune.

Joker, Sealer0, TeaScholar and 2 others like this.
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Honestly, this is my favorite rune of the mid-term. I do have incredibly mixed feelings, but yes -- favorite rune. And I like him as a part of FW.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I definitely see him being useful in a witch BG. There's enough witches that having one champ that isn't a witch will weaken it.

16. SkeletonKing

I think you're gonna have to explain that. o_O
    I look at it and I see something that doesn't fit with a single theme, hell, doesn't even fit with the faction.

TeaScholar likes this.
  17. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Lame ass rune. We could have got a vampire a witch a lich a skelly a zombie spirit ANYTHING. I always buy at least 50$ worth of content and I'm now not buying any. I mean look at our Bane Shift we get AGAIN. And of course our two most active people yobanchi and Kesle love it so the devs will think they did a good job..... very dissapointed. I really wanna support this game but OMG

TeaScholar likes this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Saying it's my favorite rune of the mid-term does leave a lot up to how much I like the other mid-term runes. Yes, I like it, and I like it more than the other runes that came out, but like I said: conflicted feelings. I completely agree he has no home.

19. SkeletonKing

I will admit... the sprite is cool looking.
    Darken the background of the art, make the skin in the art and sprite a bit paler and we'd have a pretty amazing looking vampire.

(My quick interpretation of that)
    [​IMG]

20. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I just don't see the point on releasing humans in FW, if i wanted to play humans in pox i would have played IS or KF, give us undead man.

Joker, jigz2009, Sean5056 and 5 others like this.