Witch deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Mister Tuggles, Jan 20, 2015.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I don't think witches are as bad as you make out! Coven claw is amaze

2. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Amazing until she takes one hit from a magic damage unit and is sitting at half hp after...

I will say that I did have an inkblight witch with a stitched hex doll single handedly win me a game against a paladin bg. Even After she almost got one rounded by a bastion the avenger. Hard to deal with curse, depression, and hex all at once.

3. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

How were you building yours? i take teh shadowspawn option which generally means i get one good set of hits off atleast before she dies :D

4. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

86 nora with 35 nora equip. So 121 nora?

5. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

I was thinking about running hexdoll on wretched witch. This way you can use hex when other abilities are on cooldown.

6. Mister Tuggles

Yup, she needs to be recosted

7. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Why you have to choose coven over blind and it's more expensive is beyond me. She's a very expensive iffy champ

8. Mister Tuggles

One repuprposed bodyguard, and she is a beast.

9. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

then you have to spend nora on the champ and a spell ... too much investment prolly.

10. jsat

jsat The King of Potatoes

She just needs to swap the 12 Nora pseudo life siphon for blind. She is a witch, in witch bgs she doesn't need it as she gets it for free.

11. k989

k989 New Member

I tried playing my first witch BG and already noticed a couple contradictions within the theme.

The new imp and spirit which seem to have been designed to supplement witches are destroyed by Foul Rite (as well as the 9 undead witches) Scrofulas / necromancers summons are also destroyed, but don't buff the others.

Elsari Swordmage has Loyalty on base, which is wasted when Coven Claw takes a non FW champ.

Playing a theme limits your rune choices, but I feel like witches have many runes which aren't playable together (without penalty) within their limited theme.

12. Mister Tuggles

The main problem really revolves around the lack of viability without witching hour, and hour glasses...

13. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

If you play Foul Rite you should not use undead champs you should run the spells Haunt and Wake the Dead and just destroy the undead from those. There is more than one way to play Witches and I think that is a good thing.

14. Jay

Jay The King of Potatoes

Foul Rite is tricky. It will also destroy the Elsari Votary and Dead Harvester if you run one.