Witch deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Mister Tuggles, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Someone make a witch deck now that some of the oldies have been updated, and almost all runes for this expansion (fw) are witches.

Yes, please, and thanks.

2. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Depression.jpg

3. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

I added all new stuff w/ oldies. Havent played too many games yet though. Seems pretty fun though.

witch.JPG

4. Mister Tuggles

Thank you. Still trying to get my hands on a second coven claw.

What is the rune between the votary, and duskcreeper?

5. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

elsari siren

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2015-1-21_3-15-49.png
    This is my witch deck. It is working well. might drop a wake the dead for haunt, not sure. Wanted a balanced mix or melee and range. I do not like mage lord, foul rite kills him and the cruse ability he uses is really weak now. Ink blight is a mobile coven claw station, plus she is tanky. I use elsari coven upgrade on all witches, other then that I run them as cheep as possible with drudgery on frostvien. Darkweave is neat, but I only use it when I am ahead. I am also thinking about the spell soul reave. Coven claw, rip witch, and elsari swordmage are awesome at kills. Maleficia & cackling witch are support runes. Sarinda and cackling witch also give me placement control to an extent.

No direct detection, no shatter. No shatter is the main reason I am thinking about soul reave. The killing power after foul right is awesome. Gets most witches up to 60+hp 20+damage with 3 skellie deaths.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

besides detection and shatter issues I like witches a lot!

Yay, humans!

8. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

What about Dark Familiar? is it any good or just a rune for early game.

9. Mister Tuggles

With foul rite it will kill the dark familiar.

If running a non-foul rite deck I would include one.

I'm looking at trying to make a few split faction decks, but witches are so dependent on a lot out of fw that I'm not sure i can make one work.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think Familiar is bad. Maybe playable, but no-way an auto. He needs too long to be good, and risks being vaporized for nothing up till that point. I think Scofula might be 2x auto, though. 6 Range and a powerful surge ability on the cheap.

Nite2kill likes this.
  11. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I really like the new witches! Coven Claw, Accursed Scrofula and Maleficia are nice. Big win for Witches!

12. XFurionsX

But that scrofula sprite and art man...i mean look at it.

[​IMG]

I just feel bad for this sprite, awesome champ tho.

13. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Would he be worth playing in order to be Repurposed after his stats are boosted ?

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No. There are better options for that by a mile. Even then, you are waiting 6 rounds and spending 80 nora for the boost, 50 of which is way up-front. He looks alright on paper, but playing him a bit in-game gives you a feel for just how awkward this champion is.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

How would Dark Familiar feel with a CD/AP reduction on the active?

Or would you prefer cost reductions up-front (in some fashion)?

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The Cool Down is the real killer. 5 rounds is just a really long time for a 50 nora unit to wait to be good. The AP cost could lose a point, I guess, but that isn't the pain for this guy. I'm not really sure what a clean fix would be for him, to be honest. He just feels awkward to play because of the balances between the costs and requirements of making him good. I'll think on it.

17. XFurionsX

Cheesus Sok you are everywhere! CD seems the best option.

18. Mister Tuggles

Basically with KF speed, and other rush decks (pretty much all I seem to see anymore) you can't afford to throw 50 nora at a unit who is going to sit there for 5 turns. After he is able to use his skill, yeah he is viable. Before, not even remotely close. The other runes for FW are pretty damn nice though, and I will say good job on that.

And yes, please, for the love of christ, fix KF +1 speed bonus. All your balance issues basically revolve around full faction bonuses/font bonuses being over the top. Revamp full faction bonuses to where you aren't straight up giving free stats (KF's +1 speed which is firking ridiculous, ST's +10 HP, SL's 20% dmg reduction), and you may be able to reel in how ridiculously out of proportion a lot of factions have gotten from the others. The game really can't afford to languish in a state of super OP factions much longer. A lot of older players are starting to dump their collections/move on, and new players don't tend to stick around when they are getting walked over by everyone.

And on the subject of a little balance, I think Coven Claw could really do with a 1-2 attack range. Right now she is very squishy for the nora cost. Or maybe remove vulnerable:magic + increase the nora cost accordingly.

19. Sean5056

I think the AP is fine, I would just try to knock the CD down to 4 or 3 maybe. When you activate it, you basically lose a turn anyway since he is slow. Unless you stay still and just stack AP.

20. Sean5056

It seems like witches are gonna be where it's at for this new era. Please update this with whatever good decks people come up with.