Any tips on Beating FS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HalfGodBro, Mar 14, 2015.

1. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

That poison..that healing...that mobility..help?

I just got ***** again by that Lethargic Toad + Poison Relic blocking my only path to the middle font, while he was being healed 14 every turn...and that HypnoToad, making me wander in all that poison :(

And all those things cost really low in nora

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Curl up into a ball and cry.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Toad/poison ele + mushroom is a very advanced play, and is therefore hard to beat.

Sarcasm aside, because of how punishing their anti melee is, having a bulk of strong ranged units is a good idea. They can pretty much control most of your melee right now, simply because of this stupid combo above. If you have access to decay/rabid use it and focus down that unit. If you don't, you should try to powerturn their guys, especially angels. I have a feeling that FW might be the strongest pick vs FS right now, but it's just a feeling.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Someone complaining about Hypnotoad. I just Lol'd so hard.
    PS Burns fat as firk, holy shiet
    Down with the mods, for this is the uprising!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    Leadrz likes this.
  5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

He didn't even ask for nerf though.

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Edited, just to be accurate for you.

Sealer0 likes this.
  7. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Freeze ray usually works.

8. HalfGodBro

As SL most of my champs were melee, and got a draw disadvantage wich make him cap the middle font without me able to contest ( 7 speed middle font ) he also double deployed, and blocked my only way to the font, what should i do in such a disadvantage situation?

9. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

is your alt water skull?

10. HalfGodBro

I dont have any alt

11. bagoftrick

well tgis sounds like my game against waterskull. infact it sounds exactly like it.

12. bagoftrick

well except for the fact I didn't use angels or any healing unit. and didn't block the middle font with champs and actually used apoison trap. but you know....

13. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

u found the solution, play fs.

soon everyone will be playing fs and ranks will be correct again, the better players will be higher rank than the rest of the fs players :p

Sealer0 likes this.
  14. Vote Kanye 2020

He plays on waterskull even thought he denies it, so it probably was your game he's on about along with another one.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. bagoftrick

o I know its his alt. I wanted him to admit it purely for the fact that he was lying about what I did. he got outplayed. crying OP healing, OP toad, OP this, OP that in a made up scenario just annoys me. if he wants to call things OP that's fine but he can at least be honest. for instance when I used no healing whatsoever, making such a claim of '12 hp per turn' is ludicrous and incredibly misleading. (unless you count the 1 hp on my darkmarsh defiler from moving through the mushroom).

Vorian, Leadrz and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Hypnofrog. It doesn't suck (in a poison BG).

EDIT: On a more helpful note, try debuffs in general. Distracted, Awestruck, Hexed, Decayed, Inhibited, Blinded. Those are all good. If you can Confuse or Distract the Angel she can't heal (outside of her own regen/Intensify), though I don't recommend using Confuse on a Lethargic Toad unless you really need to get rid of Poison Aura or something.

You can generally use debuffs to delay for "power turns" (if you need to), or give you breathing room to contest or whatever. Naturally make sure to focus your targets and kill them. Etc.

17. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Swap the angel in and double tap kill it with an owl raider. Reveal the rook with a mindslicer and kill it. COTT with several snowcats to oneround the kartch and ret the nefari siphon to finish sixul. Alternatively go FF ST and run juya to prevent hippos.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Not everyone is as skilled to use such combinations..:rolleyes:. Sorry everyone; there's no hope against FS.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

yeah I agree. they should nerf fs,st, and kf at the same time. that should help.

still waiting on those faction bonus changes... it'd be nice if fw wasn't trash.

20. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I'd try destroying their shrine/avatar to start...

EDIT: MY POST HAS BEEN COMPROMISED! PLAN B HAS BEGUN!

SPiEkY and Ohmin like this.