The voil daily

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I had no problem just use magnate blessing with outrunner for first daily and used headhunter + Tactical + magnate for 125 damage assassinate and easy 1 turn

3. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I saw the bot summon a voil queen and 2! Ruubgaals. My solitary garu revealed too late so I surrendered and tried again. Quickly found the garu, time slipped him and later ancestral angered him.

Not all dailies should be easy, but I'd prefer only one boss daily per day and not as the first daily.

4. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

No problem: bastion+might of IS, talgar+equipment... IS so OP for your bosses

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm quickly losing hope in this community you all post things that most veterans know but how many new players know? I said what new players are going to know these ridiculous workarounds to beating said bosses, out of all of the responses i have yet to hear anyone say a solution for new players just starting out. Not every new player knows stealth against bots is op or the solitary garu nonsense we all run. The problem is the boss dailies are to difficult for new players that don't have the runes to begin with.

Reason being the pre-made bgs are all fairly bad and can't be edited to change abilities, on top of that as i said before they don't have the runes. How do you get runes by getting gold how do you get gold ? You get gold by doing the dailies. In the boss maps they need to either remove the 2nd boss with 300 hp or remove boss dailies entirely.

Also for the love of god fix that damn bug where the dailies are off from each other.

Valkyr likes this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@super71 I often do the dailies with the free KF, FS, and ST bgs when it is KF, FS, or ST day, as I don't play those factions, and I like to do the dailies and get the 350 gold bonuses at the same time. I'm going to start doing that for all the dailies, not just those factions to see if there's a BG that can handle the bosses.

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Unfortunately a certain amount of skill is required to play mechanics like "boss dailies." If not skill than probably the term "Knowledge" would be better suited to explain new player issues.
    Rune access plays an integral part of screwing up our new players however; but the sheer climb of obtaining those runes with the immense library of interactions/abilities is the biggest hurdle/wall for those semi casual people that pop in and out of games trying them out. It takes a person who's dedicated to learning things to pick up a game like Pox Nora; since the game's developed it's always been this niche.

With that said; not all BG's can actually deal with circumstances those instances create; but what I'm saying is with a little knowledge/dedication is required to play game like Pox Nora. Some people can beat the Legendary campaigns with premades and some can't. And like I said rune access plays a big role in this too; but those issues come full circle on one another. Either you can't beat them cause of rune access; or because you haven't put enough time into understanding Pox Nora's interactions to play the runes that are supplied.

IMO

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I agree voil suck. please buff voil.

all sp themes are garbage. tiny isn't even battlemaster with moga, sp themes so bad.

9. super71

This ought to give everyone an idea on to what new players really think.

Review 1
    Great game ruined by terrible free-to-play (or should i say pay-to-play) model! The thing is: I can't even effectively grind for gold to buy new cards (runes). Cuz daily quests are just impossible to complete for a newbie without pre-paid deck. Like it says "play two games with druid unit in ur deck to get 350 gold". So I went topoxbase.com and poxnora.com/info/publicdecks.do. I was searching hard just to find that there is no public deck with druids in it!

Review 2
    I could hardly cope with the campaigns on normal (a few can be taken on hard, but since the campaigns are tweaked towards optimized decks and therefore give the basal AI an extreme ressource advantage around 3x times your ressources in some maps) and against players you would be severely limited by the locked basic decks you could use.

Review 3
    small community, more work than its worth to find a mentor to learn because you WILL need one. you cant build your own deck for a very long time and theres no real point in doing so because the community decks are better for what you will be able to build. put about 60$ into and regretting it, most of the player base has been around for a VERY long time so they have some pretty hard core decks and winning isnt some thing you should even keep in your mind. campaigns are a boring repatitive grind.

Do we all see a recurring theme here? Not only are they all saying it's basically not free to play but 2 of them had problems doing the dailies and campaigns on easy. This alone can cripple an already small audience that pox has. Their actually was a bunch more reviews on steam saying the same thing but i didn't post them. Pox needs the dailies and campaigns to be simple ways of earning gold. Pox also needs an updated a.i. as a lot of the players on steam say going from bots to ranked play is like hell.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  10. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

No we don't.

They all say something else, and the 2nd one doesn't even support your cause.

11. super71

This is also another huge issue in pox and always has been a problem throughout the years multi-accounting and player farming.

Review 5
    First game with a live player, another person my level (Level 3 player in game). Guy ended up throwing out over powered champions I had not seen at all during the trials. I asked him in chat whats up. He tells me he is a smurf and is using a new account to get quick easy games in, he said alot of people do it so they dont have to deal with the top end games.

My Second game was the exact same thing, just I didnt even bother chatting with the guy. I saw his first 3 champions he played all with double the HP of my highest champion and close to double the attack of my best units. I just surrendered and called this game quits.

Another issue that we as community never want to admit that is a problem until we lose to it. I have said for a very long time going second is always an issue in pox 9 times outta ten if you go first you win. Out of my last 7 games i went first 5 times i won those 5 games.

Review 6

First, this is a game that rewards whoever goes first. If you go first, you control the map. Going second doesn't grant you anything but being behind the entire match. I have played 5 pvp games and every single one, for whatever reason, I went second, and every game was unwinnable.