Buffs for Next Patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

OP updated with FW stuff. Lets keep discussions to their respective faction forums to ease this threads progress.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Saranea

Saranea The King of Potatoes

Arthropod Frenzy
    (30 Nora, All friendly arthropods gain Pounce 2, Leap 2, Retreat 2 for 1 turn)

I dont argue against pounce - it's great.
    What I mind is retreat & Leap. It offers nothing - i could pounce OUT - and weaver (mobility) makes it quite absolete.

Mass Web
    (40 Nora, 2 physical damage and ensnare 2 per spider)

As it stands the mostly used thing for it is around 4-5 spider deploy at best.
    Thats 10 physical damage (the damage type with the most resist), it doesn't state it ignores deff, it's single target and it snares (cleansable!).
    It's as expensive as a Bane Blast (12 lighning + 12 against stun/para, AoE3 ), a Hammer Strike (10 dmg, stun 2, punish), soulbane (15 LoL, Curse 2 on kill).
    You might argue it scales ... I would say if i can deploy ~8 spiders i win without it any time.
    Nora efficient it would be ... 10-15 spiders?!?
    Not to mention it competes with fireblast/Superiority for it's damage part (Aoe against single target at that!) and snare is the weakest CC imho and easly countered.

Also: Web on the ground only ensnares - the terrain is not impending. You get snared any time you move into it. Afaik you can charge through it if not ensnared first.
    Any Flying or unstoppable unit is immun as it is a ground trigger.
    My idea was "as long as you stand in a Web area arthropods do additional damage" (f.e. +2, Vul: arthro, maybe even "just" strike or true strike) or get Absorb (like feeding of their pray).
    Any unit should have enough AP to get out of the area even if stuck in the center.

Sincerely

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Let me reiterate two things.
    1. As previously stated. *Pretty sure the spells intention was to limit the movement capabilities of a single target. The damage is bonus.
    2. I was saying that the terrain would be impending if casted from the spell.
    * Speculation...

4. Saranea

Saranea The King of Potatoes

That spell is also quite old. Rise of Serkan old to be precise.
    Also known as an era of very few cleanses so it was quite strong but with the widespread cleanse in any faction, the power creep & unstopable units it just lacks behind right now.
    Same is true for weave web / webbed ground ... to many flyers and other immun units in nearly every faction on top of cleanse.
    So it's either to expensive or is lacking in CC/AoE/damage /additonal something - I think on that we both agree.

Also if the new web on ground would be impeding it would slow down spiders too as they only have climp right now (after the CnC ... change).

Sincerely

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I completely agree. I just dislike the view of "too little dmg" It was not its intention. I would prefer it gain a form of CC without the dmg. As you stated, there is better ways to damage something you want dead in UD.

Though, I am sure it could be changed not to impede Spiders. *It's just a coding thing based round the tag Race:Arthropod @Moles ? How easy would that be to implement if it was needed?

* Speculation...

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The next expansion update will make adding Brute unnecessary if the unit is already a dwarf, but I'll add a class to Master Axeman anyway. And Windfury feels more Brute than Warrior to me.

kalasle likes this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Brewmaster isnt a Brute but if he does get a class likely needs a "nerf" in his other stats because he doesnt need a buff.

8. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Tell me one person who runs him? He has been shoeboxed for as long as I can remember. But if someone, anyone, has run him successfully recently then I will delete it. Also, KF bonus will keep him at 5 speed without change. That means his armor upgrade let's him move 3 spaces per turn. Also, my changes are not excessive IMO.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Unpopular =/= bad

JellyBerry likes this.
  10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

As previously suggested.

11. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Anthropomancer -
    - Remove expedite and draining aura from base.
    - Remove curse 1/2 from U1.
    + Add gift of scrying at base.
    + Place anthomancy, occlude or scry at U1

12. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

so, blacklabel brew or intoxicated will be change?

13. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

constructs and elementals gaining inmu and resist respectively,poison abbs were a bit cheaper due to the existence of the mentioned themes,what stop tem now?

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I cant speak for Sok but the benefit will unlikly change or just be consolidated to a single benefit to dwarves.

15. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Kind of bummed my sporegill request didn't get heard, I love that guy but he's just unrunable.
    @Sokolov no chance he can get some love?

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

@GemmaXylia , your voice is needed.

GemmaXylia likes this.
  17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Was this a mistake? Axeman is a Warrior already.

18. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

That would make SP the weakest faction lol.

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

*Me: comes back to check out forums, not much to do on a sunday morning.
    Checks updated OP first page and realise how many changes are about to go through, even if the game is in a terrible state balance wise.
    Logs out and not going to bother again.*
    Im starting to loose hope again, its like people dont care about balance at all, which is mindblowing.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

=/= means "does not equal".

SPiEkY likes this.