Themes players would like to see completed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Apr 6, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Goblins
    Centaurs
    jellebrium
    troll
    strig
    worm
    slags
    salamans
    snaptooth
    d'elim
    mutants
    fesh?
    more sp constructs/tinkerer

Please make more of these and make these themes playable.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Man there were some days when I just wanted to smash my toe with a hammer facing Jellys. I guess that included the little jelly splitting thing.

SaintKiwi and Pattn199 like this.
  3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I have the same exact reaction until this day when I play against slags.

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Salamans, Goblins, Cenataurs, Jellebrium, Strigs, Worms, Drow, Humans

AND SAND

also screw Trolls, they are just wannabe Constructs

5. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

nobody remembers snaptooths T-T

6. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

don't really want any of these to become stronger standalone themes tbh. Why can't some races just be there for flavor and be played in non-racial decks?

kalasle likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Trolls and Worms are both fleshed out and playable.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I guess trolls are since the ronin patch, they need buffs badly though. I never looked at worms much, when I did I couldn't get the legends.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think the legends do little for the BG, aside from Blinking. I've never acquired Eyes myself, and don't miss em. Give Worms a whirl though, they're a ton of fun.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I want them to work on more centaur, goblins, snaptooth, and salaman. I think these themes could be really cool with some more time put into them.

11. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

D'elim
    Goblins
    Snaptooth
    Centaurs
    "Mutant Farm Animal" groups, or what ever the hell they were called (Snog, Manticore, ect...)

12. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Sp construct (just started)
    fesh (that fill the worm race)

SaintKiwi likes this.
  13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Barbs.... :(

14. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

lol whut

15. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

SP elementals
    Djinns

slags are completed... and buff for them is comming

16. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I love flying ST but strig never really impressed me. I would have been much happier if the whole set of runes had been winged jakei and owlriders instead of strig. Most people seem to equate ST flight with strig now though so if buffing strig is what it would take to get some more interactions for the bg I'd find a way to deal with it.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Since when has "playable" been the standard? Pretty much every theme is playable.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think we're working on different versions of playable -- I mean competitively playable. I put them both at 1.5 on my tier list, which is better than plenty others out there.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, I get that. But everyone wants the theme they love most to be 1.0, not "playable."

I don't see that as an unwarranted request since if a single theme exists at 1.0, wanting others to as well is completely normal.

Discounting someone's ideas because it doesn't happen to be a theme you particularly love is exclusive and needlessly negative.

I missed the memo where you became the judge on what's valid, please link said thread.

Otherwise, if someone's theme needs 0.5 and another needs 1.5 worth of tier love, they are equally valid but require different amounts of love. Because one requires more than another is inconsequential to the requestor.

Also, if you think playing 1.5 in an arena of 1.0 is fun I'm going to have to laugh at you some, then likely skip tour posts from then on.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've been playing and building 2.0 and 1.5 decks in MtG Legacy and Standard for years, and trying to work them up to 1.0 status through craft rather than reliance on new releases. It's how I enjoy the game. I love the hell out of Worms, and if they stay at 1.5, that's just fine with me -- I'm not even sure that's where they are, because lists are always changing.

It's a legit request, absolutely! I was saying that I think Worms and Trolls are indeed playable, a quality that distinguishes them from other things on MW's initial list -- no intention to discount any other part of his request or commentary.

Sorry if it ever seemed like I did this, not my intention by any means.

Do you mean valid as in what's competitive, or as in what constitutes a strong or acceptable argument? If the former, I made a thread with my opinions. That's about the extent of my credentials. You don't even need my say-so to post your own, I'd love to see where you'd place everything. If the latter -- I don't understand what you mean?

Probably true. MW explained, however, that he has little experience actually playing worms, and I suggested trying them out. I believe they are a fully fleshed-out, well-loved theme, and need nothing beyond what they have to be complete. That's certainly an opinion, an arguable one, and it's the best I got.

Gnomes likes this.