Whats the deal with vashal mirrorblade

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by mw24, Apr 6, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Why isn't he a beast? I was looking over kf beast and noticed this. Is this intentional? Also is there any way akakios could get race draksar and ancestral avenger race garu?(plus what they already have)

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The plan is remove beast from all Vashal eventually, as well as other racial adjustments so there are, generally speaking, less mixed races.

mortal ix, Qucas, TheBulwark and 6 others like this.
  3. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

I actually like that vashal tap into KF beasts, it allows for more interesting decks and synergies.

DarkJello, Karmavore, mw24 and 2 others like this.
  4. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

If vashals are beast so all anthropomorphous races in poxnora are beasts! (nids,kanen,leoss,tortuns,voil,ferren,strigs and so on) so I totally support what Sokolov want's to do about races!

TheBulwark likes this.
  5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

beast boost op.

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Yeah, but at the same time, a LOT of things are Beasts, too many imo. So someone somewhere would have to lose Beast and any one of those factions/themes could claim the same thing.

Besides, Beast synergy is mostly Boost, Surge and Magnify Beast. Though it is true, it does make for more interesting rune combinations, even if the race abilities themselves aren't interesting.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Does that mean druid will have Boost:Varshal instead of beast?

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I disagree entirely.
    Its like saying strigs should be beasts just cause big owls are beasts.
    Too big of a stretch imo.

Qucas, JellyBerry and SaintKiwi like this.
  9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Changes to Boost and similar abilities are still "Under Consideration."
    He will likely get some variation of it if/when these changes occur.

10. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

I read the thread title in Jerry Seinfeld's voice.

Netherzen and TheBulwark like this.
  11. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Yea no mixed races!!!! Oh.... wait... wth sok?!

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I read in Gilbert Gottfried's voice

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Doesn't make any sense to me that vashal of all beasts would be changed. Out of all the champs that shouldn't be beasts lol your gonna change the squirrels ? You made wings beasts, strigs. Also k'thir is the forest faction which is another reason why vashal should remain beast. Yet again taking a crucial set of runes from a theme and flushing it down the toilet appreciated sokolov.

14. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

That's probably the wrong way to see it. Streamlining races opens design space, and Vashal much like many others are the example of random races being slapped here and there. Why the Firk is Colossal boa an Elf? That little thing is nothing but part of the art on the champ, but it's a big Firking deal because a champ that is supposed to be slow now has access to teleport. Riding a horse? YOU'RE A GODDAMN BEAST ALRIGHT.

I doubt they'd take everything away from Vashal or other things without giving them alternatives first, chill.

Sirius likes this.
  15. super71

Yeah you don't seem to understand beasts aren't currently even that viable compared to other metas or themes. They already nerfed vashal to the ground when they nerfed vicar to the ground for whatever reason which was their only viable range option, then they made vashal druid almost 90 nora at his cheapest build. As a theme vashal doesn't have enough to be it's own thing they are missing pieces that make them play well which is where beasts helps.

Sure they can change vashal to not be beasts but it seems like a huge waste of time when this game needs a million other things touched and fixed first. On top of this vashal are not even being complained about or talked about right now makes 0 sense. This is almost like when everyone was saying trees were wrecking the meta and they nerfed vicar ? Logic is missing big time.

16. Sokolov

1. This isn't a Vashal/Beast thing, but a general idea of reducing mixed races, hence the part of the sentence that references mixed races in general.
    2. Can you explain how/when the Vicar was "nerfed into the ground?" What would you change about it?
    3. If I didn't do anything for which someone could make a list of "higher priorities in their opinion" then I'd probably end up not doing anything at all.
    4. Since when was Strig Beasts?
    5. Wings are a tough one since they are clearly Dwarves riding Birds.

Sirius likes this.
  17. super71

1) I understand that part but vashal/beast and k'thir makes total sense to me. Barbarians riding beasts and lonx riding beasts makes no sense, maybe start there first.
    2) Vicar was nerfed the 1st time back a few months ago when trees were running crazy i believe he got reduced damage and hp. The 2nd nerf was recently when they removed intensify which makes him a sub-par range champ for too high of a cost. However i do like his healing synergy my new vicar would be

Path 1
    heal champion 3
    cleansing aura
    boost beast 2

path 2
    command dodge
    nora miner rank 1
    enduring aura

Base stats changed to
    11 damage
    speed 5
    range 1-2
    defense 2
    hp 44

base abilities
    nora vitality
    banditry

This would make him no longer a range option since he did that poorly and make him a better support rune that can deal a bit of damage also from mid-range.

3) Understandable but the game needs updated in a lot of ways changing a few races is something that can wait in a lot of people's opinions.
    4) My mistake i just figured all owls were beasts since jakei raider and jakei wing master are.
    5) I get what you mean because they are either dwarves or beasts and is has enough dwarves. Ever think about maybe tying in strigs with wings somehow to create more splits and better synergy between the two "flying beast themes". What if strigs became wings ?

18. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

The owl the jakei raider and wingmaster are riding are beasts not strigs. Strigs are a separate race and have a racial they also are completely different from most protectorate themes as they seem to be a dark race with malicious intent that happen to dwell within the Savage Tundra. Also I'd hope the theme was revisited and improved as opposed to making them into split runes.

My stance on the race: beast thing would be if it has a race it is not a beast it is that race. If you slapped beast onto everything that you would consider a beast because it looks like an animal you see you in the real world you could argue tons of themes are beast like snaptooth, kanen, lonx and many others. I don't think vashal should be treated specially because they have a few bad runes. Instead the theme should be touched up. If the theme is already bad like you said what is wrong with them becoming worse before they become good. The change is gonna happen in the long run so it isn't a bad decision on the developers end to nerf now instead of later.

19. super71

Ehh strig and the runes i listed look exactly the same like owls.... K'thir forest make the most sense of every faction to have the most beasts. If you really think about it i would consider snaptooths amphibians not beasts at all.

Themes that should be beasts are vashal and garu as vashal are squirrels and garu are bears which fits in perfectly with the lore of k'thir being a forest. At what point did i say slap beast onto everything? I am trying to avoid that hence i said barbarians riding beasts doesn't make them beasts and lonx riding beasts doesn't make them beasts.

20. Sokolov

Yep, this is the cleanest way to think about it. The only issue is stuff like Wings, IMO, which are as much about the Bird as it is about the Dwarf. Riding a horse or other nondescript Beasty? Can probably do without Beast.