Jakei Soulpainter

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by xezno, Apr 14, 2015.

1. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Jakei Soulpainter - 95 nora
    Clay Form - 83 nora

Arn't these units basically the exact same with Soulpainter having a bunch of sandbags tacked on? Does anyone run Jakei Soulpainter? Does it serve a function other than over costed Clay Form?

Still trying to get a feel for the inner workings of ST.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

soul painter sucks, been trying to get it reworked into a crystal support rune.

here the thing about take form, imo the the ideal take form champs has on deploy effets and take form and it's stats are terrible, maybe it has some cost reducing effects like lethargic as well.

in other words you want it's cost as cheap as possible, neither of these champs do that.

xezno likes this.
  3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Only in a IS/ST Troll split I had. Yeti Druid had Nexus Aura so I could stall for a bit longer, havent played the deck since druid lost that.

Also had a good role in this ST/FW, High Warlock worked differently before the revamp; as did Wish and Mindflayer Queen.

xezno likes this.
  4. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

hes more expensive because he has function while not taken form, but that function is crap

xezno likes this.
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it had a brief moment to shine when it used to have grant take form.

we found a glitch in which we could use grant take form on certain illussions allowing us to make more soul painters, which would lead to us creating 20 or so soul painters, which would then lead to us making 100 or so of fun things like jakei frost queens, lich kings, and what ever else we could find that cost near 100 nora.

funny thing was that dekc still wasn't better then the FS pool of dreams deck of the time.

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. aseryen

Jakei soulpainter is not crap just needs to be in a niche group. I would say Lumi bgs is where it would do best FF. Howlers, Yetis, and Wolverine would be the ideal targets.

As for splits, psychics would be interesting, Nueromancer would make sense to clone in FS. Additionally there are some abilities I would consider having multiple of regardless the cost difference, Epochal Sage being one, 3-4 instances of Balance and DF would be something to keep an eye out for (can't remember if the remove from play effect on time bend reverts Epochal Sage to Soulpainter).

I run Chronomancer and Retreat whenever I use Soulpainter. High cost unit for a high cost deck imo, your'e going to want unique abilities/units that make or break your deck.

7. aseryen

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Good times, the jelly wavecrusher bg :rolleyes: