Skeezick General

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, May 3, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Warcry, Scale Armour and surge should not all be on the same champ! He is like Lance Admiral Sceian with scale armour. He should lose at least 1 of those 3.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Do elaborate. Is the cost to low? Is the mix of said tankyness and damage too much? The lance comment doesn't really make sense to me. They are completely different runes.

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

General is simply better than Sceian, because even with Bulwark Sceian doesn't tank nearly as much as he does, he has potentially more damage than Sceian and costs less.

That's the problem of having a hero with flavor abilities and champions only with abilities that synergize among each other. Not only General needs to lose one of those abilities, he needs a sandbag, along with several skeezick.

4. alex2751

alex2751 Well-Known Member

I believe if that was FW rune everyone would be crying on the forum. But since it is just SL rune it would go unchanged for months.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You mean the pummel and warcry that are on the same upgrade tree?

Except that warcry > skeezick warcry.

I'm not saying that general is fine, but losing one of those abilities and adding a sandbag would probably make him not see play again. Personally, I'm not a fan of scale armor in SL. It's just one of those things we should shy away from with the faction bonus.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh, but you're never going to run pummel anyway. Themed warcry makes him not that splashable.

Anyhow, like I said, scale armor in SL is kinda silly.

7. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Scaled armour on him just makes him impossible to kill! He can tank like 3 units simultaneously over 9 turns and then just retreat, regen doesnt help either.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Arguments like this is what is wrong with these forums.

9. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I think he could handle a slight nerf pretty well.

10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Thing that really make me angry, is that the guy goes battle master, surge, 1-2 range, a but load of HP, scale armor, and Regeneration 3 for 79 nora.

I suggest we name him from skeezick general to Skeezick Fuhrer.

As for scale armor? Pfft its basically resist everything by 45% when put in FF SL.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the problem isn't general it is warcry being op, also netter probably shouldn't have surge 2.

12. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

The real issue is Scale Armor on top of the SL bonus. Percentage based damage reductions get better with every additional percentage point (i.e. going from 49 to 50% is much better than going from 0% to 1%). Anyone who has tanked in a MMORPG (WOW for example) knows this and is familiar with the concept of effective health.

To use 3 simple examples:
    • A 100 HP champion with no defense and no % reductions requires 100 damage to kill.
    • A 100 HP champion with 25% damage resistance requires 133.3 damage to kill (133.3 Damage Dealt * 0.75 = 100 Damage Received), an overall increase in 33.3 effective health.
    • But a 100 HP champion with 50% damage resistance requires 200 damage to kill (200 Damage Dealt * 0.50 = 100 Damage Received), an increase in 66.6 effective health from the next 25% of damage reduction. That's twice the gains from the first 25% of damage resistance.
    In short, % based reductions have non-linear scaling. So Scale Armor on a SL champion is much much better than Scale Armor on an identical champion in another faction (as is Scale Armor on any champion with other % based reductions). This means that Scale Armor on a SL champion should be something like 3 times its cost on other factions, or 24 nora (that's an overestimate, because it's only a 45% reduction, and I'd have to check whether it's a flat 45% or whether one reduction gets applied before the other).

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

actually no this isn't the issue, it is warcry...

14. Anotherblackman

Skeezick have 2(can have 4 in a deck easily) viable champions with warcry. They then can give these champions massive threat range using any of SL's power spells and if they are already in range, they can cast quickening and wipe the board.

IS has 1 that is viable but he is 6 speed for one, has no access to multi attack second, isn't ranged. WE also have doombringer and one that is boxed even if it is ranged.

Leoss have a leoss warcry, but the them itself is so bad not even that ability would carry it.

SP has 1 lance addy he is a hero, limited to one source, but however alacrity and defensive abilities on him make

Kf has access with kodiak and he can cause massive stand alone damage via pummel and defensive and even though he has threat range of 12 ap movement but refuse to use him cause they like ranged spam to much.

When you look at all of the warcry champions the order of top 3 is this:

Skeezick general is first. If you think Dwarven king is first, then you are just being blunt(threat range,insane tanky-ness, loads of damage, and not to mention 2 sources of built in healing. the moment he is deployed he is threat in more than 1 way). He can get acid damage in theme, he can receive a pummel or barrage via quicken or quickening cause of his 1-2 range, he doesn't lose the surge damage while the full skeezick passive is in effect and a spell can give him the extra AP to get off that power turn and then he is at 8 speed dealing surge damage from 1-2 range. SL might not have a ton of stuff to support him with, but would even they need it for this guy?

dwarven king is second cause IS is OP can use his warcry 3 can be used on anyone of any race and cause of divine favor can help IS make come backs mid game. His stats aren't bad but he can't stand up to 2-3 champions like general does, nor can he put a champion down by himself. IS may have the best spells to support his life span and gravity flux to make him work better, but he is a catalyst.He is a needed crutch and without him IS cannot break stalemates to rush effectively since we have no outstanding zomg die tanks with loads of damage. He makes our defense into offense.

Sciean is the third, but he isn't bad. Sitting at 1-2 range high hp, cheaper cost than Dwarven king and general due to faction bonus, and being able to warcry from flight and 7 speed gives him a large threat range, not to mention being in a faction with pull, and loads of knockback. When SP hits a stalemate, this guy is deployed without hesitation as an alacrity+ warcry turn is more than enough to get them going. He resist ranged counter attack very well and can barrage/pummel(cause its dual role) people to death with his 15 damage. Mobile powerhouse in a faction with loads of trickery to keep him going.

You could nerf all Warcry in the game, But it wouldn't stop SL from nearly being 2-3 times more tanky than champions especially in these days of "low base damage"

Vorian likes this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

outside of skeezick and myx drones sl isn't very strong. drones shoulda been hotfixed a long time ago.

16. Anotherblackman

I guess 0 cooldown vindrax and skywing rumblers with 9 ap on deploy from skywing beacon is acceptable.

Ill make another thread making sure everyone has access to cooldown free games.

17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

If I recall correctly, SL bonus is applied before Def, while Scale Armor is applied after Def.

So, if a champion deals 10 damage to a Skeezick General with 1 def and Scale armor in a FF SL BG:

10 - 20% from bonus = 8; 8 - 1 def = 7; 7 - 25% from Scale Armor = 5,25 - rounding down to 5.

If we wanted to play with 20 damage:

20 - 20% = 16; 16 - 1 def = 15; 15- 25% = 11,25 - rounding down to 11.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

scale armor plus the sl bonus is a 45% damge reduction before defense. Wow he is pretty tank, I am running him with battlemaster in my sl meta bg I just wish sok woulda gave him a third option in his 2nd line. surge being base on champs is stupid.

Also I am now best sl all time burnpyro can be 2nd best.

I took out resilient skeezick and I am using 2 generals and draksar persecutor in its place.

I think resilient skeezick might be better than persecutor but Im not sure yet.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nobody with half a brain runes surge 2 on netter anyway.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

surge 2 is good on range champs like netter. surge 1 or 2 is fine, 2 is better on bigger maps.

I had to completely scrap my bg because groble rock eater is immune to my entire roster of melees, gg. my bg is made up of shoebox alt damage runes now and groble rock eater still wont die.