Theme Adjustments #2 - Maljaran Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 8, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

fix leoss 2015

Pattn199 and mw24 like this.
  2. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Stitched are solid, yea, but not OP. All I want is more diversity, just it, their gameplay is unique but already know by all.

Netherzen likes this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, so you finally figure out how to play stitched right? Right on. Yeah, they're not bad.

Frankly, though, K9s are the better maljaran theme atm.

Djangoguy and Netherzen like this.
  4. Djangoguy

Kanen > Stitched > Leoss > Tortuns, yea

The problem with Tortuns is the 3 def all they have! Pounderous is not a good trade for that nora cost.
    The problem with Leoss is that they are only meat with good stats.
    The problem with Stitched is diversity.
    The problem with Kanen is that I don't have a BG of them.

5. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

preach it brotha
    rework some of unused stitched,bring new ones!

Netherzen and Djangoguy like this.
  6. penguinlord

penguinlord The King of Potatoes

I thirst for stitched
    bring us 50 new champs with next expansion or riot

Leadrz and Djangoguy like this.
  7. Djangoguy

Repurpose:
    Sacrifice target champion, the closest champion you own gains race stitched, ability stitched and 50% of his damage and HP.

Waaaaa

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

kanen are not better than stitched, try playing kanen in top 10 and see how that works out for you. Stitched not bad? I am winning against tinydragons broken bgs with them -____-

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

all the majaran races suck besides stitched. Kanen used to be decent when they had soul collection, they are weak now.(unreliable bg)

10. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Tortuns often seem overpriced. They need refocusing and a slight buff.

Same as Tortuns.

Don't... Don't get me started on them... I agree that they can be viable, but only if you have EXACTLY the right runes. There isn't much of a choice as to what to do with them right now (small choices feel insignificant to me). They need more runes frankly, and a bit more editing/buffing. A big part of the problem with them now, is that they are counter to the devs' direction of more focus and less abilities. The Stitched are all about adapting to things and being able to stand back up, in order to keep that, they would need to become more unified and have stupidly annoying abilities.

Agreed, Kanen were good, and now... Not so much. Although they definitely don't need as much editing (a few small edits should do the trick, although refocusing them might help as well, what's their "thing" supposed to be anyway?).

11. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Pack mentality it's their "thing". It's both a flavorful and fun ability for me, at least the part of extra attacks. I would remove the Fuel Rage part from the Pack Mentality, and replace it with something diferent.

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Ah yes, that's right. I guess my confusion comes from the fact that they seem to be able to do "swarm", "super-champ", AND "debuff", all quite well. While I have no problem with that in theory, it's the execution of it that irks me.
    Basically, I agree with you that Fuel Rage could be removed without too much hurt on them.

13. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Kanen are fine now, dont need changes (excepto a few runes), and why taking away fiel rage? It only help The BG, só taking it away isn't The way to go, it will nerf them for no reason.
    Tortun need costa reduction, they just cost too much right now, even With The great nora gen they have.
    Leoss are horrible right now, need serious changes.
    Sticthes are fine too, have The diversity issue, but it can be solved by changing some abbilities on some runes.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I don't know if fuel rage is that necessary. Free attacks are a pretty good racial on their own, and more interesting than catapulting a buffed up alpha across the map.

15. Ifem21

So whats The point of taking fuel rage away? Kanen are good, but not THAT good for they need to be nerfed. If dont like fuel rage, just dont use it, I think its very flavorfull for The theme, and help The racial to proc.

16. mud1

mud1 Well-Known Member

How to fix toruns:
    Main issue is that they can be played FF KF. I assume that is the main reason their speed as a whole sucks. Even for slow tanks, they are really slow.

New ability and changes:
    Turtle Power: This unit has the ability Turtle and Defender Rank 2. When this unit has been deployed, it's controller's faction/split-faction bonus is nullified. (0 Nora ability)
    Remove the +3 def from all tortons and just give them def based on their roll like any other champion would get.
    Pillage needs a nerf so I hope the suggested changed in the crate goes though
    Give some toruns a speed boost based on their roll.

Reasoning:
    Defender will still help the them fill their higher than average def roll but requires them to work as a team.
    Just for the fact that turtle ability exits, have to throw it on them.
    Will allow this theme to ward off outsid nerf call since it will almost be free of being thrown randomly into meta decks with the kill the faction bonus clause.
    Also serves as a possession deterrent since it affects the controller of the unit.
    Less nora spent on def equals more nora to spend of speed.

17. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I wasn't speaking from a balance perspective, just as a design.

18. Ifem21

But this design perspective will affect them as an entire theme as a nerf. I understand your point, but I still think i'ts not necessary to take away fuel rage.

Well, the idea of changing them is good, the execution, not that much. They are Tortuns, they need to have high dfs in solo, doesn't need to be another one close to them become defensive. But I think they made all of them tanks with a lot of HP, wich is the wrong thing. They can be all 2 or 3 dfs, but take away that 50ish life from sup and here we go, will do a lot more (I think).

19. mud1

mud1 Well-Known Member

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the defense issue. My reasoning though pox in general has never cared much for logic, there are hard-shell turtles and there are soft-shell turtles. Ever wonder why Tortun Favoreds are all about love? They don't want their soft-shells to get stomped. The control of the sea may have something to do with it also. There is absolutely no reason that any of them besides maybe the tanks, should have 3 def. Even a hard turtle shell isn't stopping a sword from going through it, it is just slowing it down. Also no shell protecting their head, arms, legs, tail unless they are turtling and they have that ability. 0-1 def is fine for any ranged tortun.

I do however agree on the HP on some being a little high but I view that as a much smaller concern than their def.

EDIT: After going back through them all, if their def went down from 3, their hit points are perfect

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  20. mud1

mud1 Well-Known Member

Looking at some of these tortuns as though I was someone of authority:

Tortun Fishkisser - WHY DOES THIS GUY HAVE TOUGH? Give him Crazed Charger as the only option on his 2nd ability set (he is a common, so doesnt need options), give him heavy charger base, speed to 7, and drop his def to 1 and hp to 48. Now his flavor text makes sense.

Tortun Galesinger - Once again, flavor text doesnt match the champ. Remove Zephyer Shield, give Gale base, range to 5-6, Slam base, and drop def to 0. It is an old turtle.

Tortun Grenadier - Why does it have a sword and range 3-4? Drop range to 1 and Physical attack. Make second upgrade set Acid Bomb or any other bomb.

Tortun Minelayer - Remove base attack and explosive attack. Add mines. Make this guy pure mind layer. Would work amazing well with Galesinger above.

Tortalleon Pygmy - Drop def to 1 and replace rend lineup with berserker lineup. Small man syndrome for the win.

Tortun Mortar - Remove siege and lay trap as options and give 1 speed. Drop def to 0 (it is carying a bunch of explosives after all)

Tremir Craghide - Speed to 7, drop def to 2

I could go through the rest but I doubt these ideas will even get considered. I just looked at fishkisser and had to express my confusion in some way.