so ff kf is going to lose +1spd

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by nynevening, May 18, 2015.

1. kissofpain

kissofpain Well-Known Member

How about Ready 2, +1 cap FF / Ready 1 split?

Btw activating hidden abilities will still trigger Ready?

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

One of the main things that everyone hates on KF about is that we can use the +1spd on turn 1 to cap fonts that our opponents sometimes can't. This would not help that at all, and merely hinder us in battle.

3. kissofpain

kissofpain Well-Known Member

Really? I thought the problems were double attack with 7 speed units and a bigger threat range due to ap cap.

Besides, font problem can be resolved from map design, that should be really easy...

Edit: But maybe Sokolov can explain more about why he wants the bonus changed? I mean besides our champs being hard to ballance?

And btw I really don't buy the best faction bonus. If u think that and u nerf KF based on that, then you'll get a different faction with best bonus, u'll nerf that too? There will always be a best faction bonus! And btw, I personally think 20% dmg reduction is best bonus hands down.

So really, this is our faction bonus that's been in place for 8 years and you want to change it now because it's hard to ballance champs?

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Alright, so another idea....

KF/XX- The next friendly spell cast becomes 1 nora cheaper at the start of this player's turns (this effect stacks). When a friendly spell is cast, this effect is reset. Friendly champions can store an extra +1 AP.

FF KF-The next friendly spell cast becomes 2 nora cheaper at the start of this player's turns (this effect stacks). When a friendly spell is cast, this effect is reset. Friendly champions can store an extra +2 AP.

5. Xirone

In essence, the bonus works similar to Call to Arms but happens automatically once per round and it only affects spells. Champions also can keep their higher AP CAP.

6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

So...every 3 turns we get FS' bonus that only works with spells? Seems bad.

How about 'The first spell or deployment each turn costs 5 nora less' and '+1 max AP'.

That would be a base ability that was slightly less efficient than FS but with the AP upside. Skipping a single turn of deploys puts the KF bonus at 15 nora behind FS at turn 10.

7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I actually really like this... but if this does happen, then everyone who has naturally too low speed definitely needs to be rebalanced.

8. Xirone

Oh definitely, some champs would need to go up +1 SPD (for +8 Nora) while others would need to be played a little slower (for the same Nora).