so ff kf is going to lose +1spd

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by nynevening, May 18, 2015.

1. nynevening

nynevening Member

What happens to the bunch of 5 spd champs? Also will the 6 spd be changed into 7 spd?(i hope not)

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

If there is a change to the faction bonus there will have to be a faction-wide review of the champs.

TheBulwark likes this.
  3. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Yeah if the faction bonus goes away and gets replaced with the most recent -terrible- idea then we are probably looking at a mass exodus of KF players.

The faction's only real advantages comes from their superior range and speed/mobility. Both stats are already the most expensive stats to buy hence our inferior damage, defense, and hp. KF is already only a mid tier faction.

4. nynevening

nynevening Member

The new idea sucks very hard...
    the old bonus sucked too btw

5. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

What is "the new idea"?

6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Check out the first post in the Cactaur Crate in the general forum.

7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I continue to oppose this proposed change. It is akin to circumcision of a 23 y/o without anesthesia!!

In fact, I even wrote my senator and congressman requesting a new law that prohibits DOGz from changing KF's bonus.

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Would it be really bad if instead of the bonus being all the units having +1SPD, it was "all the units have Ready?"
    Can be as fast early game as it should, but not as fast when the skirmishers are happening...
    Keep the +1AP cap thing and the same split bonus as it has now.
    I think this is a simpler solution than the complicated suggestion we have on the crate.

9. ChiaoLung

The split bonus is part of the problem. The current one is terrible.

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I realize that, but to be fair split bonus shouldn't be the base for discussion.
    I, for one, would like to see split bonus gone, so people cant use it as an excuse.
    How do you feel if there were no split bonuses and KF FF bonus was "all units have Ready"?

11. ChiaoLung

Sounds terrible to me. In order for the faction bonus to be in effect the champs would not be able to do anything except move. If they activate any ability they lose the faction bonus. As far as split bonuses going away if all split bonuses went away I wouldn't have an issue with it.

12. nynevening

nynevening Member

I would... LOL

13. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yay for split decks tho. Hoping sprite will also go up to not super slow now.

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are a few reasons to change the KF bonus:
    • It is easily the strongest one. If you could choose what bonus you get, the overwhelming majority of players would pick the KF one every time. It's really no contest. FS one might compete here and there depending on deck, but SPD/AP is just far too good in the comparison.
    • Design wise, it creates problems when creating KF runes, creating either sandbagged or overefficient units in FF, and unusable units in Splits
    • The Split Bonus is issue is well known, and is pretty terrible
    There are various ideas, including the current "penciled in" suggestion in the Crate, but to be honest I am not really happy with any of the ideas at the moment, so don't consider it a done deal in any way.

Changing the bonus also would mean potentially changing a number of champions in the factions, depending on what the change actually is.

~

Other "high-level" ideas that have been passed around:
    • SPD bonus based on attacks/ability activation
      • encourages aggressive gameplay instead of AP superiority camp gameplay
      • lowers the overall value of the bonus while still giving SPD
    • RNG'd damage bonus to parallel that of UD
    • Bonus DMG for flanking

Personally, one that I have been thinking about in my head that I kind of like is:

The bonus discounts refund on deploy based on SPD rather than giving SPD
    • this allows more tighter control over the final stats and costs
    • is more granular than +1 SPD so Split Bonus is easily added
    • lowers the overall value of the bonus while still being largely about SPD

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  15. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Apparently I need to share a pic of a 23 y/o receiving a circumcision without anesthesia to make my point clearer...

I will do what must be done, for the good of Gotham!

16. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

What about upon activating an ability costing 1 or more ap, we get 1 ap back? Split is 3+ ap, or something. (obv. once per turn each)

Actually, think about that, what about not each? What about the first 4 (2 for split) 1ap+ actions a unit takes per turn refunds 1ap?

17. ChiaoLung

Does this mean that the speed would largely remain the same for the champs, but instead of having a +1 SPD bonus they would be refunded a nora value equal to the cost of a point of SPD? Would this further mean that they would keep their current FF SPD, having to pay more for it up front, but getting a refund more or less to the current cost level?

18. Sokolov

I haven't worked out the specific details, but basically:
    • It'd be kind of a case by case basis as to who gets +1 SPD, but either costs stays the same and now you get a refund, or you get +1 SPD and cost goes up but you also get the refund
    • I suspect most 5 SPD will move to 6 SPD base, many 6 to 7s, and some 7s to come down to 6s, so that the base SPD spread for KF is more closely aligned to most factions, but probably somewhat faster still
    • The refund is probably going to be around the cost of 1 SPD or slightly less
      • For example, -1 Nora per SPD might be something we could use, so a 6 SPD drop gets -6 nora

19. ChiaoLung

Out of all of the ideas I've seen thrown around I like this one best. It scales well between split and full faction and it allows for KF to still be speedy but it slows down deploys due to having to pay a steep cost up front even if there is a refund. Isn't this mostly the same as the SP bonus though without the sliding scale they have and without having to wait for death?

20. Sokolov

That is one of the primary reasons I don't like it. It's basically the SP bonus but tied to SPD instead of COST.