This game has the worst community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by six, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

You treating Pox like its a Starcraft or Dota tournament is hilarious.

There are 10 times more people playing Awesomenauts right now and that game didn't exactly enter the zeitgeist. So, you have a community dying for new blood combined with a game with rules so poorly explained that its hard to tell if something is bugged or WAI, but nah treat it like a 100k qualifier and tell people to piss off if they ask a question. Smart.

Anima26 and Boozha like this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

This is the internet. We're all fat. Especially Pyro.

Anima26, Qucas and EmperorSauron like this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're such a prick, it's hilarious. Pretentious little scrub.

Anyone who doesn't share you views isn't worthy and beneath you. This is a competitive game. Some of us choose to play to win. Deal with it. If you want to play for fun and flowers that's fine, just don't complain when others don't. It's pathetic.

A game's size has nothing to do with it's competitive nature. I like to win. Especially against little ***boys who start crying in chat when they don't understand what is going on. Stay the Firk in uncommon league.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm not saying the rules are clear, cause they are garbage. I'm saying your attitude towards the players instead of the system that provides it is disgusting.

5. Garr123

Yes, this post clearly demonstrates that I am the prick.

Anima26 and Boozha like this.
  6. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I understand that you are unhappy at losing to a combination of powerful runes which you thought was somebody cheating, but Nora Drain has since been nerfed and the Trail Lava Masochism deck with nightmare is either very rare or not even used anymore.

We are trying to make things clearer, but it is a large project - in the future i'd advise checking the combat log if you aren't sure what happened.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Guys I shot this guy and now he's shooting me. Please protect me from that maniac!

As I said, trying to blame players for your failure and for the shortcomings of the game is just sad.

8. Garr123

What are you even talking about? Are you having like a PCP freakout right now?

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What I got from your post

1. I dunno what X does or X bugs out yada yada, combat log doesn't work
    2. I ask my opponent whats going on
    3. my opponent is an asshat about it, assuming he's telling you to L2P, get good or just doesn't reply
    4. I am upset that my opponent didn't help me out when I asked him for help in a competitive environment
    While I'm not saying the opponent was a hero, being upset and calling the community trash because "you'd expect people to be kind" when playing an online competitive game is silly. Then saying Pox doesn't have a lot of players, so it's not really competitive just adds to the fact that you're a casual who's infuriated by the knowledge of the elite.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

A lot of these "this community sucks" posts/threads are generally people complaining about the most idiotic things, generally derived from their delusional image of the world and their expectations on how other humans should interact with them.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

what are you talking about six... wtf?

12. Garr123

Uh, I don't really know how you read so much into one post, I was more trying to illustrate why that attitude is bad for growing the community. I was referring specifically to a recent incident with Zombie Plague. I asked "Is it bugged, or is something preventing it from triggering?" and the dude reacted by just going "lol" or something.

Because I'm not a new player I went and looked it up after the match and discovered that the ability is bugged and doesn't behave as described. If I had been a new player I likely would have either made a post like this, or maybe just written off the game as a waste of time.

So, you know, game that has rules that aren't explained at all compounded by people who react with hostility or amusement when someone has a questions is going to have a hard time growing.

Also, sorry I touched a nerve or something. Thanks for spewing a bunch of toxic nonsense at me. Congrats on being a top player in a game with 50 active players at any given time, I guess? A true crucible of skill.

You'd figure being so good and competitive, that if someone you were playing against didn't understand some rule that you'd pretty much be assured to beat them. Not sure why you wouldn't then take a second to advise them, considering they might be a new player and it'd be better to keep them around than be a prick for no reason. I know I generally will explain something even in a ranked match, because them not understanding it probably already cost them the game by the time they ask.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    NiGhtMaRiK likes this.
  13. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I played a game a couple of days ago...

something unexplained happened...

I said, "huh, what was that?"

the guy said, "yeah, it's doing that since the patch... odd... its bugged i think"

I said, "that sucks..."

he said, "yeah"...

the game continued.

Feels pretty civilized to me.

From personal experience, around 1 in 20 people are horrid... i can deal with that.

SireofSuns, Anima26, Tweek516 and 6 others like this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

MY GOD
    -->

It's almost as if I already addressed all of this and you just couldn't read it.

TLDR being a ****** is bad. Going to the forums and complaining that the growing of the community is poor because a single person in your game said 'lol' instead of helping you out is pathetic.

I mean, you do realise how upset you're getting over someone saying 'lol' instead of helping you out IN A COMPETITIVE ONLINE ENVIRONMENT. I feel like you're not getting the point here.

TLLDR

I help out them guis who talk to me when im vs them or just in the client. I just completely disagree with the nonsense you're spouting.

15. Garr123

You do realize I'm not the OP and that I'm not really upset about anything, right? I generally don't have an issue with rules unless something is bugged out. Just pointing out that its kind of nonsensical to be a **** in a game this size.

Then what is the issue?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  16. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Basically what Burn is saying is that it is not the responsibility of the player to explain the rules. Don't get upset if they choose not to explain the rules to you.

If they choose to explain the rules, awesome! But they are not obligated to do so, getting upset when they choose not to is silly. Blaming the community as a whole because a person did not explain something to you is even sillier.

Anima26, BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  17. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

So ummm, why hasn't this thread been removed and this guy banned?

18. Garr123

Yeah, but I've just been pointing out that people can be rude for no reason, and that it's understandable why a new player might get frustrated and leave over it -- especially in the context of Pox's current state -- and that in a game this size its counterproductive. I wasn't personally getting upset or throwing a sweeping accusation at the community, mostly just at Burn because he decided to get mad.

19. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Um the call of duty community sucks ass. They sometimes may believe you were camping and then start calling you names, gtfo etc. etc.

20. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I just looked at dota 2 forums..lmao same sh#t , bunch of guys whining about this and another bunch of guys crying about that.
    every single online game, conversation, thread is ususlly 80% arses.. minimum..
    your shocked? cuz some guy lol'd you cuz he didnt want to share his dumb lil secret? and you start a thread how everybody sux. ?without even asking a serious question? ive asked many questions and always have gotten a decent response (I didnt start by calling the community pricks tho) im sure if u came to the thread after the game and asked why did yada yada happen, , you would have gotten the response you were looking for.... if this doesnt make sense,, perhaps xbox might be for you..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.