Why were tortuns nerfed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

maybe make it like a toggle ability,so you can turn if off in casee of lashing your back?

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

That's not entirely true. It wasn't solely a change to make it non auto lose. It was also a nerf.

It didn't used to have a range restriction IIRC. If it was purely to not lose to nora gen it would have CD 1 instead of CD 2.

I'm not saying it should have a CD of 1, but you should be honest about the true reason for changes. :)

3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Oh... so is it being changed again later or is it keeping it's current state and still being sort of stupid OP? Although I guess we can't reset pillage any more.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  4. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

ur bad

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This guy cant possibly not be the most tryhard troll ive ever seen. No way hes legit.

BloodAshes and Beasts for life like this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Pillage was a very unique and interesting ability, however i don't understand why they changed it from how it originally worked. Tortuns weren't played very often and the only tortuns i really had problems with are gunbattery and mortar and they are both untouched soo..... Basically a select few people said tortuns needed nerfed rather than just saying which runes were problematic and changing those. Sadly this is the way of pox and it will never change, a few higher ranked players lose to it and it gets nerfed.

Meanwhile ironfist and fw and ud's total domination anymore, things remain as they have unchanged and overpowered. Oh and bodyguard still costs 0 ap just saying. One day someone on the dev team will learn to balance things.

7. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

You know why tortuns got nerfed? Imps.

Ohmin and Pattn199 like this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I know just the day -- when players learn how to write.

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Humm, so we have another player that has given up on the game's balance.
    Welcome to the team.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Excuse me?

11. Pedeguerra

I was just making a joke because you can't really expect grammar proficiency on the interwebs, just like you can't expect balance on Pox. ;););)

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I was making a joke, because some people in this game actually do know how to write. It's just a disappointingly small number. <3

13. Pedeguerra

Hahaha, true.

14. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I have no opinion on Tortuns because I never ran into them or even saw them being played when Pillage sounded broken, but most competitive games balance around what turns out to be dominating at the tournament or highest level.

E.g. Dota devs usually don't nerf things because they're strong at mid-trash tier or Riki would have been removed from the game instead of receiving massive buffs. Fighting games almost never balance for pubs and always balance around tournament play. It's not "favoritism," whatever the hell that means in this context, its just common sense.

Basically your talking out your butt IMHO.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Try maintaining top 10 with tortuns and see what happens. You are the one trolling complaining about a theme no one is doing well with and that you don't even know how to play properly.

16. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Remember when he said G'hern Juggler granting self destruct was fine and didn't need to be changed?