Most the KF Players Quit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Im not playing cause, real life.
    Firk ya'll.

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Why not just make it so the splits races can't be played FF again instead of taking a hammer to a faction bonus?

People were whining about stitched being OP and using a UD full faction bg as an argument, which means if they got nerfed around that, you'd be screwed using them in a split. Or do we nerf the UD bonus because a split race that wasn't balanced to play FF isn't stronger when in FF?

I don't see why the answer is a huge change, instead of just making the split races function as they were originally intended.

3. Garr123

Well, I saw everyone complaining about Tortuns. I like how you ignored what my point was about split races working FF in general, though.

Isn't KF balanced around their faction bonus? Why is it suddenly an issue?

4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

posting in a meaningless thread

JellyBerry, SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.
  5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

The biggest problem with the KF bonus (this is just my opinion) is how bad it is in a split. Having to balance the champs in KF around the speed bonus means that all of the KF champs fare poorly when played outside of full faction as there isn't a half bonus of +1 speed (AP storage is nice, but without the speed to take advantage of it it's not the same). Further, having to balance the champs around the bonus takes away from the point of a bonus. In addition, having to be aware of the speed bonus means that KF is restricted in rune design more than other factions and tends to limit the abilities that KF is allowed to have.

You can argue all day about whether 1 speed is stronger than a nora refund or 4 damage. You'll have people on both sides of the argument. In the end the KF bonus is bad for the game just because it limits design options because it has to be designed around.

6. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Why every month is the same post from the same guy??

and why are you still posting the same answer over and over?

Pattn199 likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We are the Pox community, we stand guard.

DarkJello and limone1981 like this.
  8. Garr123

That was a lot of effort to explain a basic mechanic, but my question was why is it suddenly an issue. When was the last time those ranges would have not been accurate?

I don't really care if its removed because I barely play KF, but I'm curious why its such a big deal now and when they've had some sort of +spd forever, which you didn't actually answer.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's always been a big deal.

Like, it's literally ALWAYS been brought up as a way too potent bonus, even more so with the previous maps. I kid you not, ALWAYS.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. ChiaoLung

Ever since they changed how speed works in the game at least. I don't remember any complaints from the Octopi days.

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I do...

SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.
  12. ChiaoLung

I started playing around the same time the 20 rune bgs were being phased out so I don't really remember circus too well. I remember the splits being really bad when the split bonus used to give +1 speed (and full faction got +2 speed). That was ridiculous. I was more meaning when speed used to cap out at 13 if you played KF and 11 if you played anything else. There weren't too many KF splits then since it cost too many tokens to recustomize your champs back and forth due to the speed changes.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Most of the high ranking KF players still play but kf mains as a whole are less enthusiastic because their faction isn't winning off maps anymore and isn't as broken as it used to be in comparison to many factions.

Lower rank players don't play it as much anymore because many were playing it before because it was really broken.

14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

RL has had me swamped 90% of the time the last 2-3 years, and the last month has been double cray cray. What is an old KF loving libertarian/anarchist to do? RL wins.

But... I have literally just been forced to change my priorities, and I am strongly considering dropping ALL hobbies and replacing with regular exercise and Pox. Otherwise I still won't have time or energy for Pox action.

Don't make me display Ambling Frond publically!

On Topic:
    It appears that Pox will be better off if the best faction bonus is changed to the worst. Right?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  15. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

In comparison to the people who posted in this thread I have meager experience. That meager experience indicates to me (rightly or wrongly) FWIW that the KF faction is not overpowered. If it is I'm still looking for the champions that allow it to be so.

I play KF because I like the runes and of the style of play fits my preferred style. I guess I also kind of fell into it.

I play against the computer in the various available campaigns including the beginner ones. In those I'm constantly over matched in hit points, damage ability and defense ratings. Often times the only advantage I have is I can hit from range and have more healing. Often times that advantage is off-set by their regeneration ability or every few turns or so they hit me with a spell that inflicts 6 or 8 hit points damage to nearly champion I have on the board. I'm surprised I win as many as I do. I don't expect the KF faction to have as many hit points or as good of defense ratings as others, but I do expect they should be either to hit as hard or certainly more often than others by a good margin. It gets discouraging when you can only do 6 or 7 points of damage to a champion that has 60 or so hit points. It takes a lot of attacks to take those champions down. When they have as many or more champions as I do it's easy to be over-run. Some of those battles they have a 300 hit point champion in addition to the regular champions.

16. Garr123

Saying one thing isn't as "broken" as other things is dumb. If everything else is "broken" then that might just be the new baseline.

17. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I like thing made without data.

SOK has charts and information.

Where is yours please?

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Game is not balanced around campaigns which are snooze easy.

SPiEkY, JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  19. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

LOL welcome to the club.

To the OP....good riddance.

Cinder405 likes this.
  20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Just so every1 is clear, KF is not limited in design space because of their bonus, they have access to way more interesting abilities than SL. Is SLs design space limited by its bonus? I dont think so. Seriously the abilities and mechanics in KF are the envy of other factions. They have access to pretty much every single ability including warcry. I thought KF got a more fun rune than any other faction got in the expansion when the aurora lancer was released. It looked so fun to play with. We got that this time though with the hyaenid flamefist.

DarkJello likes this.