League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

I like how you guys assumed the best. No, I literally lost 97 LP.

2. Zorack

Zorack I need me some PIE!

It happens, one time I dropped from Plat 1 to Plat 3 in like 2 days. Usually it's a good idea to just stop playing ranked after losing 3 or so games in a row so you don't get screwed over from a bad day.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i didn't, you just 2 funny

4. Loyaute

5. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

I stop caring so easily. Like 5 minutes into a game and I literally don't care if we win or not. One thing that's tilting me lately is ping spammers. I see lee sin coming top on a ward that I placed and I check and my jungle sej literally uses all of her pings to alert me to his presence like I should just recall because the jungler is near my lane. One will do man. And the people who spam ping during fights are the worst. one clear ping is enough, flooding my screen is going to make me play worse hands down.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I was trying to keep you motivated baby

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Does muting someone mute their pings?

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Should. I almost never use mute but I feel like I have used it for that purpose before.

In other news spamming mastery emote is satisfying.

9. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

So are 14 day bans common?

10. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

Muting does not mute their pings unfortunately.

11. PurpleTop

So ive given up on playing bot lane in ranked. Sadly it seems I get last pick more often than not so i often don't have a choice :(

12. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

You still play ranked?

Ew. Why?

Morfeas likes this.
  13. Zorack

Have you tried saying that you're bad in bot? Other people want to win too, usually they'll be accommodating to your requests.

Morfeas likes this.
  14. PurpleTop

It's less that I'm bad at bot and more that that's too hard of a lane to carry in in solo queue. Jungle, top or mid has a much bigger impact as a solo player.

That said I suck in every lane and I still want to gain rank, so I need to do something

15. Loyaute

I'm too inconsistent at adc to call me good at it. Support is where it's at, though.

16. Zorack

In my ~300 ranked games, I've been forced to play adc only around 6-8 times (I can say for certain I've been last pick a loooot more than that). So I'm not sure if you're just extremely unlucky or there's just something special about the players you end up with, but communicating with your team in champ select what you're comfortable playing can at least help you avoid a role you don't like playing.

I'm not sure what rank you are, but I find it's a lot easier to get really good at a champion or two to rank up than trying to focus on a certain lane. This season I went 3-7 in my promos and ended up in Silver 3, and I climbed all the way up to Plat 5 on pretty much exclusively Cho'gath and Pantheon with some rare exceptions where I end up as support/adc or some idiot doesn't ban Sejuani. This should get you to at least high Gold (if you're actually good at the champion), but once at that point it doesn't work as well anymore because people start getting a better understanding of match ups or simply how to play against certain champions. I have a friend who played Fiora pretty much exclusively and carried himself to around Gold I-Plat 5, but now he struggles every game where he's higher than 3rd pick because he just gets instantly shuts down when the enemy team picks Jax, Darius, or some other counter.

If you're already at high Gold/low Plat level, then.... git gud.

17. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

Why you playing on EU, nub.

Honestly the raging is the best part of Mobas. MMR too I guess.

18. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I don't, the 110 ping is what I get on NA :D

Also where the fk you been

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

^

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty