Meta FW revisted

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TheBulwark, Jun 17, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Long live... er.. Die FW!

OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

I would Love if Korsein was good :) and maybe good ole Dark Knight

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Agree would love general k and dark knight.

4. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Not Aspect of Death...?

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

necrogrind.png

This is another take on goodstuff, with more of a bend towards meat. Only played a couple games with it, but it seems alright. If Soul Collector gets rolling, the game becomes a real nightmare. Skull of Decay does a ton of work -- feel like more people should play that rune. Real tight on spaces here, so some includes like Revenant and Serkan may seem weird, but they do their thing. Wouldn't be running Absorb Magic if it had a duration, but it's a lot less risky for its narrow effect when you don't have to time it. Great counter-counter-tech when using Doom.

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Kinda curious about the Necro Hex include. What purpose does it serve here? Even with 2 other worms, it seems like it would take forever to expand the shrine deployment zone to anything useful.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

SDZ growth. It's a mid-tier play, and I still don't know how I feel about it in this kind of shell, but Necrosis is just so busted I gotta try. Here's the thought process: Necro Hex is a lot worse with few good, survivable targets, because you're liable to pay 25 nora for 1-2 triggers and then need to re-cast it. On the flip side, +1 SDZ becomes more valuable the more champs you deploy, and also becomes better when more of those champs are Lumbering or Short Lived. If you have +4 SDZ and deploy 3 champs each with 7 SPD, you are getting 12 AP total out of that, which isn't a ton for those champs. If you have the same + SDZ and deploy 6 champs each with 5 SPD, you are getting +24 AP, which is almost a full turn with those units. So even a couple points of SDZ can start mounting fast into some huge benefits. It's another way to leverage the multiple-cheap-units approach with flat bonuses. And, it makes Bile Zombie and Death Guard the best runes in the game.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I see what you're saying, and though I can't dispute the reasoning behind it, I have to question the reliability of such a tactic. With Necro Hex having a 5 round cooldown, you're only getting +1 SDZ every 5 rounds. Now, there's no doubt that a deck like this can stall for a long time, but in certain situations I would think it impractical keep that buildup going. How often do you utilize Necro Hex effectively? What if you don't draw it until late in the game? I bring up time only because from what you said I feel like the earlier you get the ball rolling with SDZ expansion, the more power it brings you. However unless you draw Tomb early, you might not have the nora lying around to be spamming Necro Hex whenever you can. The potential rewards are great though if you can draw the game on for long enough, but the strategy seems a bit map dependent as well.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Generally, I drop Necro Hex at the time I intend to get a basic attack kill and go from there. I don't usually use it until mid-game anyway, where 25 nora becomes a bit less important (sometimes earlier, depends on a lot of stuff, esp map). And yeah, it's not going to show up as a power player in every game. Still not sure on it, but I just like Necrosis so much it's hard to let the rune go.

And it's just sick on Serkan, so there's that.

10. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I think i'll spend my sunday morning passing all this bg's to pblinks since you M$%&#? !#%&"%S don't do it, i like the thread tho, makes me want to to come back, i would have to get the new runes tho.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I can pass mine through, sorry. Just easier to take a snapshot for quick sharing, and these are hardly final drafts for anyone, I think.

12. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I know, and i understand you all, but the "$%&#? !#%&"%S " stays, no matter your sweet talk K.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

<3

14. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

15. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

Guys,, is any of you running this BGs? Using it on competitive play?

I would really appreciate if any of you could tell me how successful it has been for you.

Thanks in advance