Can you please revert aquatic/semi aquatic back to its prior state

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBulwark, Jun 20, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Or make it minus -4 nora rather than +4, it is a mediocre situational bonus that generally costs more nora to gain the bonus. If you can get a flood generator out it is +4 for the ability and +30 for the generator making the water thus equalling 34 nora for what amounts to +1 speed if you are within range of the water. There is no way in any dimension a good player would consider running this in ranked. I would be fine with either solution. I think by judging from the community, the -4 for nora would be more accepted than giving the damage bonus back. And if you are a zealot for another faction, before you go off on a limb, first consider that i play everything, second consider I am right. If you have other reasonable solutions please feel free to post. FS aquatic was interesting and fun but never really the OP or widely played. Now it is probably the worst theme bg in pox. Kthx Bai

mw24 likes this.
  2. urgoth16

urgoth16 Member

Yeah I think they deserve a second chance.

Ifem21 and TheBulwark like this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

sorry im gonna have to disagree with this. aquatics are still good as is and were beyond ridiculous when they were also getting damage and defense buffs as well. changing from +4 to -4 is also a really bad idea cause that would make them all 8 nora cheaper than before which is a massive change to a theme and would skyrocket them to the top of the OP list

4. themacca

i also found this an extremely lolzworthy statement

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

buff hydraxor.

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Have you played mirefolk lately? Pirahnids have surge aquatic and frenzied is still very good. I do miss the free stat buffs , (+1dmg/+1speed/+1 armor)but balance needed to happen sometime. I miss tidal wave on The thing, but I can still make him work well. I think you fail to see that alot of the semi aquatic champions are actually better now. Cecaelia (enlightened, regen2, stun). Marsh raptor (execute, pounce3). Turtle rider and The thing weren't handled as well as I wanted. Aquatic/semi aquatic will cost more if you get what you want.

7. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i did not like being the faction highlighted OP for the month, and the devs would be wasting their time on changing it back and forth.

Ifem21, themacca and profhulk like this.
  8. TheBulwark

your right, there is at least one top 25 player er.... i mean top 50, er wait no.... not a single player is running aquatics in the meta, so you can disagree all you want but statistics agree with me. I'm Copernicus and you're the church in this scenario good buddy

profhulk likes this.
  9. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

wuuuuut

10. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I believe this is at best an example of the fact that other things are more viable in the meta atm even within fs itself, at worst it simply shows how unpopular fs is to play.

in st elementals are the current most popular thing to play, and it's rare to see a high ranked lonx player, that doesn't mean lonx aren't good.

themacca likes this.
  11. themacca

okay so can you guys stop acting like the people in the top 25 are the only players in the game. there are at least 300 active players in this game. the whole snowflake syndrome some of the high ranked players have really should go just go away

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  12. TheBulwark

Never saw the deck but I like the post because of the marks twin brother bit lol

13. TheBulwark

Too many "likes" dont be a valley girl macca you are better than that

14. themacca

i actually done goofed there. i was meant to have the word acting before the second one so -1 valley girl like

15. TheBulwark

Lol gotta pick on you a little ;)

16. themacca

well then. i guess everything worked out for the better than

17. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

I can't be bothered to locate my post on this issue from months ago, but it felt like a kneejerk response to something that sort of fixed itself.

When the revamp happened, a lot of aquatics / semi-aquatics WITH their bonus active, had six speed. Some had seven. Prior to the revamp, a lot would be in the seven or eight range. This was obviously a problem, but was compounded by a few particular units:

Pirahnid.

A Tempest or Frenzied in midfont a few turns into the game in conjunction with the old maps made it impossible to retaliate unless you had some amazing support spells drawn at that point. This with the potential for water-heavy maps or just rushable maps in general exacerbated the efficiency of the Pirahnid.

With how the revamp panned out for the Circadian units, a lot actually came into line with pre-nerf Semi-aquatic. The old Pirahnid before the map revamp, however, still had their speed and damage mostly untouched. Usually, when I saw someone complaining about Aquatics, it was because of Pirahnid. It'd be interesting to see what'd happen if they just reverted the nerf but redesigned the Pirahnid units.

EDIT: I also feel the idea that water gen was too accessible is both right and wrong. It's silly when a lot of units have Water Front, sure. But it's also silly when you not only fight against random draws in a card based game AND don't get water generation in the first few turns. You're forced to crawl and suffer damage until something becomes available. Sometimes it takes a couple turns for it to catch up to the fight, too. Sort of a completely different topic, but I felt it had some relevancy.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'd still like the stat bonuses back, at least on Aquatic. But otherwise I'm happy with the costs.

19. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

As the only and one frequent aquatic player on ranked(even using razorfin), I say that aquatics and semi could use a buff. To put it simple, they are under the efficiency level of many and many units out there. When you play a 60-70+ Nora fish tha does have the HP of a Moga you will feel something is wrong.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Problem is, Pox balance is still terrible despite Sok's amazing efforts.
    I'm starting to think that the damage done by Gedden's f*cked up revamp is not going to be reverted.