Winners and Losers in new patch

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sean5056, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

old boost gave 6 hp but yeah skeleton bgs have gone into a screeching halt considering the advantages of old boost, theirs also other factors like the fact that skeletons cant split focus as well and you have to maintain 2 separate 5 space zones with one fatty if you use Voltaire and that the skeleton deck has to depend on drawing the 1 of the 2 cloaks and/or one of the 3 defenders for the deck to get the bonus stats and on top of that the champions who are out before cloak of skulls shows up are never going to get the 2 damage from it
    even before i put a deck together i try to look at various aspects of how this deck is going to work and i already see so many flaws that it isnt even funny and from what ive seen in rank is what i thought the new legendary would be used for a living moving hexing artillery , skeletons have turned into spam summons and use sac alter and ritual for massive damage(which was a desperate move but now its the main strategy) and if thats what skeletons are now i dont think im going to play them because to me thats not what skeletons are there a bg that are weak til supported then all summons and other champions become a threat it had a risk to it that made them fun but now its summon-sac-wait-repeat which to me is boring and not a fun deck to play and if the legendary and bone staff get nerfed then the skeleton decks will fall even harder than before.

2. Zorack

Zorack I need me some PIE!

True, but I think skeletons has always been a special case as far as race themes go. It has always revolved around two 'functions' that complement each other rather than a global racial bonus, which has always left skeletons a bit inflexible.

One, the ease units with Race: Skeleton could be deployed, whether through Bone Fracture, Summon Skeleton or w/e. And as far as that is concerned there is no change (or need of any) besides the addition of the new guy. And I don't plan on testing him out anytime soon since recently it seems I've been suffering from an ailment. I think my doctor called it poverty. Even so, I don't think the new guy can fix any of the problems skeletons have right now unless he has the hidden ability of making your opponent an idiot.

Two, buffing the stats of said skeletons. Originally it came from Boost Skeleton. However, now it is separated into two or three (depending how you view Stitched Skeleform, but in reality that was just an Improve Damage rename) abilities. Which, overall, I think is substantially weaker. Before you had the option of Tomb Lord, Bonewing, and Tormented Priest for Boost Skeleton 3 (And hopefully everyone ran some variation of the three). They straight up removed Boost Skeleton 3. Now Tomb Lord has been banished to the Shadow Realm, Bonewing and Tormented Priest have to choose between Defender or Boost: Skeleton. I mean if they suddenly removed Boost Skeleton 3 from those three and put it on Broken Bones, I suppose it would be pretty stupid then to call foul without changing a thing.

But, you may be right. I might be too quick to judge and just a bit salty. I could add a Votary, but come on, just look at that guy. He's not nearly bony enough. I know you can still run Skeletons with the ol' Sac Altar combo, which I never liked since it just seems lame. "Hey, the units I summon are so piss poor that I'll save you the trouble of killing them yourself and just sacrifice them so I can do an auto attack worth of DMG." It has its uses, but it just never really felt... skelety to me. I don't want the skeleton theme to be reduced to only be known as the suicide cult full of creepy skinny dudes. My mom says I can't associate myself with that type of stuff.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It certainly looks like they have some holes on the surface now, no doubt about it. Nothing is really making up for that +3 DMG. There will probably be more changes in the future to shake out the wrinkles after the blanket Boost changes -- I'd expect something to come of that. Ultimately, I think the modifications to the Boost architecture will be good for the game as a whole, even if they seem like a deficit to Skeletons in particular right now.

4. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

We ask for Commander: Skeleton, we recieve a nerfed Boost...

G Firking G.

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Good:
    7trux is suddenly now an option for vamp/creep hero
    kiergana boosting stitched

Bad:
    witches got hit with commander nerf most of all
    rip skellybeasts and skellyfoment, bowl forced into a stupid locked slot in all skelly variations

Meh:
    archmage — well, it fits anywhere, and may be really good in skellyliches (till the first FR), but grave warriors and hex are already becoming boring.

6. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

I thought I read in the past that they wanted to make it so themed BG's were viable. This seems like another step in forcing people to play the Meta.

7. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Anyone try Mysian Lamia in a witch BG yet? she got coven.

8. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

She was quite good without coven, now she is a bit expensive with coven. I think Witch theme only needs 1/3 or half champions with coven, not all.

I consider this is actually a nerf to her.

9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I don't think I mind the addition of coven to her, she was extremely good and was at the top of the buff pile when she got it. Was seeing her in everything. I think she will still be viable include even after the cost increase (which I'd count as a lateral change) and the fix of the sentinal + preperation interaction.

As for witches why hasn't anyone mentioned the 30 nora witching hour? Witches are back yo...

claydude5 likes this.
  10. LoganMkv

Btw when was foul rite buffed?
    Today I decided to test the new execorder in UD/witches, put foulrite there just for fun, and huh — 2/5 instead of 1/2. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone running it, Claw hitting like DEA is damn cool.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't think it was ever 1/2? It's been 2/5 for a long time, the pieces just weren't there for it. FW didn't have good humans for a while, and 2/5 was a lot less than it is now.

12. LoganMkv

http://archive.terhix.com/#!/spell/274
    It was runnable prerevamp at 1/2, then IS lost all humans and it still was 1/2, which made it shoeboxed. But now it's totally worth it for mere 3 gy spawns.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh dang, so it was. I seem to remember it being 2/5 on release.