I don't understand balance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goyo, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

That comes from Drunkward, but it being off the attack chain is one more gigantic what the fack.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You don't stop the loss of life from happening, it can not be countered. You're listing mechanics that stop champs from dying, which is not the same as stopping the loss of life from happening. You're trying to argue that any form of damage can be deemed balanced because there are mechanics out there that stop champs from dying.

Qucas, SPiEkY and BigToastie like this.
  3. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I tried to run it in the tourneys. It didnt go too well esp against any decent faction. Consequently dmr played jakei. He got out 57 nora bruisers and all the other good undercosted ones and then got the queens out and killed everything from a mile away while everyone sat in regal presence range. He then proceeded to chastise me for running fw while playing a much more powerful deck. I dont think he is a bad guy but it really left a bad taste. But yeh fw is pretty toast atm. Im gonna keep my runes ftm so I dont lose value to pb, but its back to being the worst faction by far

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yo mate I got a whole article coming about how FW has to approach tourney's differently, sit tight, the faction's aight.

5. TheBulwark

Im not trading m y runes, I just wnt be playing fw when anything is on the line. Rank dorfs it is for me woohoo!

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

that sounds like something someone would say to let their stuff continue to be OP,or you completely given up hope that DOG can reach a proper state of balance

7. TheBulwark

Lol I could have hung back with all your ranged spamming from 7 spaces away and the free summon units out... you're right! Totally could have predicted the ant swarm too, dang!

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Humm, I will let you be the judge on this one, champ.

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why did you not mention cooldown and the fact that bombs can be ran from ranks 1-3 ?

I run all my bombs at this point on rank 1 because with a 10 damage champ hitting for 5 and only paying 6 nora is worth it to me where rank 3 i would do a whooping 3 more damage for 4 more nora. Long term investment in a pox game give me them bombs at rank 1 please.

10. Alfiriel

Alfiriel New Member

Keg toss in a theme that also has regal is stupid beyond believe... both need to be hotfix nerfed...

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If you are offended by someone correcting you, you have an ego problem.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Needs more Rebuke Imo. **** Polar Ant.

TheBulwark likes this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah but you'll need two sources or SP ava.

14. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Speaking of git gud

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I beat zorbot with random decks I have been creating recently for fun. fw is dead. Zorbot is just farming easy opponents who would lose to almost anything he plays. He even played tortuns in top 25 before you got them gutted too and made them suck even more than they already did.

So far dmr has destroyed 1 faction(fw) and 1 theme(tortuns) recently. I wonder who will be next to get gutted. I seen him saying dark favor is op, I think he is still trying to nerf fw more. He must have spotted someone running fw in singleplayer.

16. claydude5

Yet you flamed the dude who you told to get good because you beat him in a tour.

K

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the post, @Goyo.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

There is no ballballer incident, nothing I said regarding ballballer is disputable. I didn't say zorbot was bad, I said he isnt that difficult to beat when he is playing fw now because of the recent nerfs that you spearheaded.

All I know is tortuns were already bad but zorbot managed to make them work with skill until you convinced the devs to nerf them further by removing pillage and nerfing transport, and now even zorbot stopped using them.

Take responsibility for your actions. Read your own threads about fw and tortuns, you are more responsible for what has happened to their balance state recently than any other player. Yes the devs made the changes but they made them because you convinced them to.

Most people agreed that tomb was a very strong rune but most also agreed that the fw faction bonus is and was the worst in the game by far and this is the reason tomb existed in the first place. Some of the power of tomb should have been redistributed to the faction bonus and removed from tomb. Prior to its nerf fw crutched hard on tomb to allow it to win games, without it fw in most cases was terrible.

Now fw has no real nora gen to make up for the lack of a real faction bonus. Also 1 loss of life damage per turn isn't that effective against any faction with healing especially sl. It does literally nothing against regen, it is ironic that burnpyro the sl main is telling people that the loss of life damage is underestimated when it doesn't even work against his bgs...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  19. claydude5

You flat out lied about your record vs baller. What do you mean nothing is disputable?

20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Sorry Sok, it was derailed hard, but the main points still remain unjustified to me.