Skeezick are too strong

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

...seriously!

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So this is how things went, apparently:

1) Geddens revamp was a total fail and killed most of the themes, but allowed every faction to have a strong meta bg;
    2) Playing only meta bgs got boring fast, so people wanted themes buffed;
    3) People in charge of buffing (notice this is not only Sok here) overdone some of the themes, allowing most of them with an "OP pass" simply because themes aren't being played that much;
    4) There is talk on each sub forums about which themes people would like to see buffed, and how;
    5) Suddenly all themes are too strong, then nerfed to the ground, only to see the rise of meta bgs again;
    6) Repeat cycle.

Yeah.

3. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Not really, it's just the stupid calc which costs stuff in vacuum, and fails miserably with certain themes.

claydude5 likes this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

While excels too much in others. See a pattern?

claydude5 likes this.
  5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The details in your statement aren't completely accurate but some themes are too strong. Most still need to be worked on though and made more complete/stronger. Also a ton of abilities and runes in general need to be properly recosted or reworked.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Buff Voil

7. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

they are fairy silly

Qucas likes this.
  8. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Not all themes are too strong. In fact, many are not good at all. Skeezick, however, are way too strong.

9. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

I defeat a skeez with Mogas, or Mogas are OP??????
    Was H0SPY playing Skeez. with horrorific aura, Tainted units, rage bands, and grant action potions, in late game they sucks.
    People logic

10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

This is a part by someone who has no game experience.

Skeezick are insane late game.

1 warcry with a spell or 2 and your army is wiped in one round.

Let's say you do get lucky and hit them with a mid game skirmish... They carry that spell that brings the summoned units into play and proceed to keep it going.

11. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

its the stat stacking and revolt. part of the stat stacking is getting fixed, not much news on revolt just yet. themes with good combat champs, with a splash of free/cheap meat, and multiple forms of stat stacking are always at some slippery slope of balance.