How to fix Boghoppers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jul 8, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Give enforcer, crusher, and paladin more damage please, also reduce the sandbags on augur, kartch, neuromancer, marsh warden, boghopper shaman, darkmarsh witch, 3-5 or 4-5 range for sorcerer and give boghopper toad 6 speed.

There are still way too many shoebox runes in way too many themes sandbagged to heck or with worthless abilities/stats/bad nora costs. With some or all of these changes boghopper would be a solid competitive theme.

@Sokolov

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Carpetbagger likes this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

My main issue with Bogs is that if you so much sneeze at them, they are dead.
    Bog Shaman nerf also hurt a lot.
    Other than that no real complaints, and which abilities you feel on Augur are "sandbag"? That champs is awesome.
    Lastly, yeah, Darkmarsh Witch needs a serious look at.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Augur is just really expensive. He isn't in nearly as bad a state as some other boghoppers but he could be made more efficient and a better rune overall. He doesn't need leap 3 base.

4. Pedeguerra

I actually like the fact that he does, because Leap 3 + Opportunistic gives me 8 spaces of movement when he isnt attacking, which is incredible.
    Also, being really expensive isnt a problem for this unit, because he is a stellar ranged option and should be priced accordingly.
    People need to stop with the "make everything efficient", some runes being expensive and really good is healthy for the game.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The problem with his cost is that he makes it hard to keep your flow of deploys going and he is relatively easy to kill with 0 def only 5 range and low hp.

8 space movement isn't worth the cost of leap 3, with the new map rotation players aren't winning as much from 8+ space anymore. Going first still gives a huge advantage on some maps though.

Leap 2 was re-costed and is now much better than leap 3 on almost every champ including augur. It only makes sense to take leap 3 on super champs like gekaal or pre nerf kartch and even on them I would take the current leap 2 if I had the option.
    (kartch was nerfed way too hard... rip)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

So apparently Augur is sandbagged guys.

Pattn199, Netherzen, Anima26 and 3 others like this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Obviously Augur isn't the main focus of this thread but leap 3 should not be base and I think water vortex may cost too much nora or would be better as an upgrade.

8. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

i've noted numerous times that dark marsh witches design is all sorts of wrong on the FS forum but some FS players seem to think her design is of a sound mind. augur is fine. shaman "efficiency buff" (nerf) was indeed terrible. the problem with bog hoppers, comically, is all of the good ones are ranged which conversely works against them because as soon as elusive etc are played its like wtf do I do now. all of the best melee units are overpriced. and everything else dies if you so much as look at them menacingly.

Carpetbagger likes this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I don't like leap 3 as a base ability, also I think water vortex is weak and I hate that water based abilities do physical damage.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Anyone claiming augur needs buffs needs to re-evaluate some life choices.

Pattn199, Pixyrus, Netherzen and 4 others like this.
  11. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Pede, how does Leap 3 + Opportunistic give you 8 spaces when you don't even play?

12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

jusy hope that bogs doesn't become a cheap spam bg like what it was before

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why are you worried about boghoppers? barbarian and dwarves are both strong as heck right now. you should play them.

Carpetbagger likes this.
  15. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

If you really want to buff Boghoppers, then fix Turtle Rider, hes forgotten what life outside of a shoebox is like.

16. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger New Member

Boghoppers have so little defense, one little mistake and they are blown out of the map. They have great ranged units. Besides destiny, theres not much surprise power..? The tanks are very nice, but all three suffer from being slow. That said, im just a noob player lol.

17. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger New Member

The strenght of the boghoppers should be speed and mobility because most have some form of leap. Leap 3 is exspensive and it feels like taking it will partly negate the faction bonus advantage and the theme itself then is left with a couple of surge 1 guys, some equips, some minor stuff like logistics and reinforcements. The boghipper spells seems not spectacular. Its a cool theme :) it just lacks the stuff the top themes have atm. and feels like an uphill battle against regal presens, boosts, swarm, warcry times many, moonlit fae nuking etc. What can u do with hoppers? Summon tad and hope reverblast dosent get cleansed? Lol

18. Pedeguerra

GGWP.
    FYI, though, I do play every now and then with my boghopper account, just for kicks when I beat legend players netting them huge losses on EXP. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SaintKiwi likes this.