We're kinda out of motivation to play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Jul 6, 2015.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Do we really need to invest more in the tournament system - which was barely played even when the game population was healthy?

I'd rather see NUX improvements, graphics improvements, bug fixes, visual-log indicators for spells, more streamlining.

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

The old priority list. I do agree though that there are for more important things to address first.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

If there are plans to use the tourny system in a way that will encourage participation, then sure, but i think that in some ways it is better to have no tournaments than a lobby that is always empty - just looks bad.

iBonsai likes this.
  4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you could always remove the lobby (and lobby chat). Anyone who would miss it is probably on permanent observer mode or a trade shark. Replace the launchpad and room lobbies with an interactive world map where you can select your game mode. And simply don't display the players on line. This will remove the demotivating effect of a low player base as well as stop all the verbal abuse that goes on. The world map could also be used to expand DoW. Assuming there is enough dev time of course.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Along with removing the forums, this is a fool proof way to ruin the game.

This game is surviving on the cult like gatherings of the veterans who enjoy a chat, let's not ruin that.

Bellagion likes this.
  6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, there could always be guild chats and conversation through PMs.
    I'd like to see general chat lobby removed too.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I couldn't agree more dow is awesome and i haven't seen something like it in any other tcg, they really need to expand on this. I remember when i first started playing years ago i got a ton of points for dow and i got like 4k gold after like 4 months or something, that ended pvp for me basically . Also make guilds useful which will help grow the community a little.

Anima26 likes this.
  8. super71

That's because buying tickets was overly expensive under soe, however if they implemented winning tickets for participating in things such as dow and pvp this would increase people doing tournaments. More people doing tournaments creates a more competitive environment and a more interesting way to earn runes.

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I have to agree with @badgerale : what kind of player participates in tournaments? Do we see new players getting a shot at acquiring runes or just the same old people getting richer by playing heinous trick BG's?

Improving the stuff new players actually make an use of seems to be the best bet IMHO.

10. super71

1) That was pretty necessary
    2) It's debatable whether faction bonuses have been good or made the game worse a lot of people would argue it made it worse.
    3) This was good
    4) Not in the game anymore
    5) Not in the game anymore
    6) Still to this day many years later gives Bane Shift rewards for at least 20 minutes of computer deploying 5 runes a turn.
    7) Not in the game anymore
    8) This was good
    9) Gone unless you include poxbox
    10) Avatars were really good and i think theme avatars would be an awesome addition to pox, also a lot of people would like to be able to pick their avatar abilities.
    11) Spectator mode is nice helps new players a good deal
    12) 2vs2 well we know what this is like... Would be nice if this was actually looked at , a good start would be banning game breaking runes only in 2vs2 and changing surge around.
    13) Revamp 1 wasn't so bad
    14) This is pretty much a must in tcg's nowadays or some sort of system to allow f2p
    15) Split runes might have been the most game breaking thing that was ever introduced to pox. So many broken combinations and overpowered split bg's, at one point almost every split theme was overpowered or broken, some still are. Another reason i would love to see the split faction bonus be removed entirely and to increase the use of full faction bg's.
    16) Tournament system is still broken
    17) Draft system i believe this is also broken still haven't really checked in a while
    18) Revamp number 2 was nice and simplified a lot for new players, however i still see a lot of bland upgrade paths and some units with only one upgrade per path. Also let's not forget the ranks of rend and combo:attack rend :(.
    19) Daily achievement system A+ awesome way to get extra gold and i believe is what kept some of the new players that we have now.
    20) This was also a very good implementation and helped new players and veterans get some runes that they might have been misising in their collection.
    21) Rune forge is great especially since i'll be able to get rid of my 22 corgi knigt's i have soon.

However almost half the list is either unavailable or broken and in close to 8 years 21 things and almost half not working isn't great but i guess acceptable. Here is a couple things i think need a little work.

1) Expand on dow system i have yet to see a tcg that has something like this and it really should be looked at to give better rewards and maybe 10 people from each faction instead of the current 5.
    2) Improved a.i. right now playing against the a.i. only creates bad habits in pvp and some people enjoy just playing a difficult bot now and then.
    3) 2vs2 against bots, this could be lumped in with improved a.i. because that needs to happen before 2vs2 against bots happens.
    4) Alternate game modes
    5) Faction packs and less expansions per bundle
    6) All Doombringers and older runes such as harbies and fan faires need to have a legendary version, whether veterans want it or not. I have almost every harbie in the game and i have all dooms, fan faire and many other runes most people don't have. It's time to make them available again, the limited edition ones will still retain their value just as the limited edition angels did.
    7) Increase campaign rewards
    8) Mass forge button everyone wants this

11. super71

A solution to this could be only allowing certain ranks or certain win to loss ratios in each tournament.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Care to elaborate?

13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Drafts absolutely are important. They are one of the most enjoyable aspects of any tcg type game. Aside from whatever gambling hang up there is they simply need to be changed to round Robin from single elimination.

Anima26 and super71 like this.
  14. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Im probably just being optimistic but i hope that DOG have some future plans to improve guilds and DOW, the rewards are far too insignificant, thats for sure.

15. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

When did they adopt the game? for some reason I thought it was the beginning of this year >.<

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I believe it was sometime between March and June of last year.

17. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

March 6th of 2014.

18. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

"8 years" is the key words in the debate.

ANY game has difficulty keeping the attention and motivation of a player for that length of time. It's not always the game's fault that someone is bored with it.

badgerale likes this.
  19. super71

Problem is people aren't getting bored of the original game concept or design, they are bored with the lack of improvement in aspects of the game that have been around for 8 years. Example could be the computer a.i., dow system, guild system things that started but never really made it much further than the drawing board.

20. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Draft what? Runes, players or something else?