Why doesn't the game give rewards for rank?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jul 12, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think that the top 25 should get rewards at the end of the expansion based on their rank. Drums of war doesn't really work well. I am not sure what type of rewards but something would be nice.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

iirc, whenever this has been brought up in the past, a lot of low elo players start whining about it for this reason or that.

now that the game's community is basically the top 25 anyhow, you'd probably have an easier time talking about it

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

How low we have fallen

4. Ishalia

Ishalia The King of Potatoes

This is actually interesting to me, it might get me to play a few ranked just to rank in a season and get some free stuff.

I was playing a f2p tcg that recently was released onto steam (Epic Cards Battle - it has some interesting tcg elements, not a bad game). It has a ranked ladder system where the top 500 get extra rewards every 14? days or so.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Poxnora could reward rares for lower ranks and legends for the higher ranks, and gold. Maybe even owl credits for the number one? I don't see why poxnora couldn't do something like this.

5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

If they started giving out owl credit to top place , maybe even top 3.....

I would actually get seriously competitive , i feel others would too but maybe not.

6. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I probly would take it more seriously than I am now, at least (been running Yetis off and on the past several days). But in all likelihood it would just be Devils and Tiny getting all future expansions for free

super71, Tweek516 and BurnPyro like this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

can the devs track ip adress? maybe they can prevent players from farming it with alts and just limit it to 1 reward per person.

Also if there were rewards and other players had a reason to put more effort into the game, they could possibly challenge devilsrath or tiny for a spot in the top rankings.

8. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

i seriously hate to agree with MW on anything at all. ever.

But if the current 2nd tier top players ( good players under tiny devils...... Taylor/burnPyro are like tier 1.5 .. sometimes 2) put in the required hard work and effort its possible to get to that level. Not to mention this game is extremely broken balance wise and F knows what will happen with hard work and a OP BG

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are plans to rework the Level/Rank system to provide more of a progression feel (so that playing ranked, even if you can't be the top ranked players, does provide some benefits) as well as cosmetically rewarding players for reaching specific ranks.

badgerale, hfok, mw24 and 2 others like this.
  10. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

thats sounds encouraging, ,, right now im in more of a create game mode then ranked, i probably would take pvp a lil more seriously should there be some incentive, , even 2v2 pvp,
    is it possible to bring back 2v2 practice?
    me and 3 buddies wanna have a practice game , and we have to hope we get matched up instead of just making our own game? I really dont understand the thought process behind this. if thats the case id rather have the rank removed and just play friendly 2v2 all day.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why not set up a reward system that benefits all players, or you can help the vets that already own almost every rune and have stacks of gold.

This way tiny and devils could both have alts and stomp everyone, they should never give out owl credits unless it's an event.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

alot of the top players can barely make the bgs they want. most of the richest players I know don't even play ranked competitively, they collect, trade, or whatever else.

I would have ran out of runes a long time ago if I hadn't gotten runes from my friend and then got more runes from tournaments with the runes I was given originally.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Fixed that for you.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Decondor is usually the one making the profit and "taking advantage" of people if that's the word you want to use. Nobody forced decondor to set runes at high prices with the possibly that they might be re-released at a later date. He probably should have planned better for such an event especially since it just happened recently with sceian. If decondor had a problem with me he could ban me from his trader or take some type of action, considering the amount of profit I make his trade store I don't think he will do anything. Players such as yourself seem to have more of an issue from players getting runes from tournament events than even decondor himself.

I have put in way more runes into his store total than I have taken out.

15. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

i would definitely take the game more seriously. R ight now i just make a weird bg and half ass my way through ranked