Tortuns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBulwark, Jul 21, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

-pounderous. This made snse with original tortuns trade but it is ruining a mediocre theme now. Thanls

hfok and mw24 like this.
  2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

You state an opinion, then say thanks.

?

3. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger New Member

I have played them a bit lately and in ny opinion they are to slow, both in speed and for attacking(pounderous). You can play full faction kthir, but then you miss out on Tremir or Mangleshell, which is half the fun. I made an attempt with quagmirrians(vitalize), but it was too draw dependnant and works against cannon barriage and tortuns trade. Mortars 4 speed makes him almost useless.

They have nice def and are relatively cheap. Also, all og them have unstoppable for some reason lol.

Maybe pounderous should go or more torts should have ready 1 ord 2 so they atleast can reach fonts.

mw24 likes this.
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

the problem with removing ponderous is that it's a -10 modifier alot of champs that are in the 75-85 region will be horribly expensive

mw24 likes this.
  5. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger New Member

I think ready is a solution. They will still be slow, they are turtles afterall, but it will be easier for them to kontroll fonts and start the defensive buildup strategy.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

You can remove ponderous and lower their damage and def a bit or you can buff them in other ways and increase many of the tortuns speed.

Also tortuns trade as it is, is a really annoying ability. I think it should be changed into some type of passive or removed/reworked. Maybe make it a toggle ability with reduced nora gen.

7. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Tortun's Trade: When this unit activate a skill that is not basic attack, it gain 1 nora for each friendly Tortun within 6 spaces. This effect can only trigger once per turn.

Just a random thought.

Lushiris likes this.
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

sounds weak.

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Tortun Mortar, Tortun Captain, Tortun Minelayer, Tort Pygmy, Tortun Inventor, Tort transport and Tortun Groundpounder all previously had the ability Accrue which served to generate ap to make up for their speed handicap.
    Courtesy of Poxpulse:

Accrue

This champion gains 2 AP at the end of your turn if it did not attack

Unfortunately revamp fell short of my expectations and they trashed accrue without compensating the slow tortuns who needed Accrue. Allowing split runes to be run FF was good for gaining ff bonus but bad if u wanted to run split heroes. Some things exist for a reason number crunchers. > TORTS NEED ACCRUE < .

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    Anima26 likes this.
  10. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

At least groundpounder still has opportunistic.

11. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Groundpounder is stupidly overpowered, lets be honest.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lol?

13. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

They need some rework on TT, it cost a lot of time to set it up. I liked the idea of making it a fixed shortcut.
    About their stats, they are turtles, need to be slow, if want some rush BG, take others theme. What we can do is giving back accrue to them, taking away unstopable from ranged ones, and giving at least 6spd for all. They allready have ponderous, why making them having 4 or 5 SPD too?? Its ridiculous "balance".

14. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

16 damage, Crushing Blow, 3 defense, 6 speed (FF KF), Opportunistic, for under 70 nora.

k

Beasts for life likes this.
  15. Ifem21

Ponderous make it -10, he will probaly never double tap. A good player will deal with him fast, since he know grpundpounder is trouble. Also, why are considering an split Rune in FF? KF bonus is broken for a long time, dont need to nerf an solid Rune because of it, change the bonus.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lol

17. TheBulwark

Im thanking you for reading

18. TheBulwark

Im open to them losting ponderous and staying the same cost. They still wouldnt be op in todays meta... not to mention that every other rune that is runnable seems to have a manual modifier

19. Ifem21

Putting an entire theme with manual modifier will not help. If you don't like ponderous, don't play tortuns, simple as that. They have always been this way, and need to still be. Not all themes need to be fast rush bgs.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

trololol. too much troll for 1 thread. gg pixyrus, ifem21.