Please change hunter abilities.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jul 23, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Their % are way too high and they cost way too much nora which makes champion with hunter too weak against champion they don't hunt and way to strong against what they do hunt.

Lower the % and reduce the nora cost of hunter abilities or just change it so it works like arial supremacy and gives a small damage and def bonus against what is hunted.

@Sokolov

2. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Isn't that the point of specific hunter's?

They are expensive unless you go against the faction/specifics it hunts (unless its bounty hunter) then they are super efficient. You are taking a gamble on wasting rune slots or having a super efficient unit against factions you struggle against.

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I always viewed them as situational deploys but certain hunters ie meek and equipped are a little less situational and are able to be deployed more freely and benefited from. Hunter equipped is real easy to apply.

4. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

True I forgot about these, I was basing my opinion solely on the faction hunters, was a bit silly of myself.
    I haven't really played much in generally recently so couldn't comment on the new hunters.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I think MW is applying for a job at Sok's "secret council". I mean, the guy tries really hard to have the game be his way. Should be fun if he achieves his goal, glad I'm out already.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Would rather see Hunter just increase damage and Foe be used as the opposite.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I wish I had some hunter:IS champs about now.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think so too but I think 50% is too much.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Perhaps. 30% on both? Would need a recosting.

10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I really like the idea of making hunter offensive and foe defensive.

I also think there is a problem in the way champs are designed: because people generally don't want to run champs that are dedicate to countering one thing, the hunter ability tends to get tacked onto a champ as a bonus.

Which in some cases is fine but i would also like some runes where the hunter ability defines it to some extent. If they don't see much play then that's ok i think, it's enough that they have a purpose as a meta tool.

11. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Imo hunter fw should be reduced in Nora, they always essence drain or something before it gets its mileage pumping.

That said, I always enjoyed hunter in flavorful ways. Take hunter sl and Is on half skeezick for example. It makes sense in both forms. Hunter IS on the stupid skeleton raider? What was he Duke Ellington of the IS noble families?

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I agree, all fw paladins should have hunter IS.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

<3

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Its funny to me that he thinks that'd save him against IS. You would still die regardless @badgerale, it's IS. Hammer strike/bane blast. or bastion would delete that hunter champ in 2 seconds.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

There is a Cyclops with Hunter:prot and Resistance Phys 3. Bastion does 19 damage with 2 attacks and devistate. Its pretty funny.