Faction Alliances.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

IS is bigger than what i'd envisioned, but their basic role is the same and i doubt somehow that their land magically gets better when you add more mountains and snow. still a buffer, just a larger one

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I never did think on the logistics of how SL has managed to maintain their military. Since the cataclysm, which was roughly 50 years ago iirc, the Drakkies have been churning out babies at a rather prodigious rate, and given their new blessings they don't age like they used to. I think I'd read somewhere at some point that their standing army was bigger than all the other factions standing armies combined. (Not certain of this part, recollection of some of that is fuzzy, abs of course in most factions there would be lots of stuff that fights that's not part of a standing army) But either way how does a sizable army that had continued to grow for the last 50 years sustain itself in a desert?

Then there are still the Skeez, the various beasties and insex, as well as the myx and dragons.

I suppose having a bunch of gods chilling in your corner ain't a bad thing.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

focus more on the warfare people, less about their food please...

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

no, mdubs, this fantasy world makes no logical sense. please understand my plight, this is serious business.

but yeah, SL's supposed to make up for it by having almost hands down the best army, likely one of the better air forces, and, according to the map kal linked, the best way to maljara i guess- the problem there is still that there's like no food production unless you're relying on a lot of herded mutant animals grazing until they're butchered, and nothing of the sort has been mentioned

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I feel your pain.

For water they could do what the Thorny Dragon does. It collects moisture on their bodies at night, and particularly it's grooved points. They can flex their scales to slowly move that water to its mouth using hygroscopic grooves on its spines. Apparently they can store some of this by controlling its placement, and use a capillary action to move it where it's needed.

As for food. Fishing. FS hates them having to fish because they need that fish to trade for Mead from IS. IS hates that their food shipments are late so they wage war on SL. Obviously there some political conspiracy happening passing it off as a 'holy war' (If they don't feed the Griffins they eat the herds, Bird-Cats like fish so it works out.)

Leadrz likes this.
  6. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Well we could assume that they're cold blooded due to their reptilian nature, meaning they don't need to eat to maintain their body temperature and therefore need to eat comparatively less than warm blooded armies. Big stretch I know but it's something. Perhaps Nublin has only pretended to be a wandering pie salesman as a front for his much larger illegal pie supply operation to the draksar army.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

air force? LOL. wtf!?!?

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I'll just rename Draksar Marine to Draksar Aquatic Farmer. Problem solved.

Qucas and saromon50 like this.
  9. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Just wanted to throw in, X% sure somehow fs and UD share a border.
    Don't ask for sauce. I forget.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You tried too hard for that joke.

Leadrz likes this.
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The relative positions of IS, SL, FW, and Coward's Pass still irks me.

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Werent SP and SL friends?

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Eh, more like roommates.

Don't quote me on this, but Ruub may have had an understanding with SL before, ya know, before the wife issues.

Leadrz, themacca, mw24 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Where's the 3rd Tower of Valdac at?

15. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

Dragons dude. Dragons.

Also, for Daga's stuff about UD: they have massive Underground... well everything. What we see on that map is the mouth of sheol. It aint upper sheol. That could be far bigger, spanning under the sea even. And then there is lower sheol... they have a Bane Shift ton of land, and with the mouth being the only way in (minus the caves the nefari dig into KF) they would have the easiest time defending out of any of the factions. Also to point out that the soldiers of any other faction would suffocate if they entered sheol minus FW and the stitched of course. I mean, the elves had special wrap things that they put around their mouths, but Max knows they don't have enough for an army.

Also to try and help clarify some of the internal workings of Sheol. Max is the head Demon, prince or whatever, with Ermilion (the squid avatar guy) as his second in command and general. Grimlic serves Max but also leads the Nefari (and possibly has some behind the scenes influence on the Circle in KF) and some sects of bok (but with all bowing to Max still). However he may have some plans of his own going on. dunno. The two "rouge" factions so to say are K'lizick and her spiders and the Minotaurs. The minos were thought to be mostly long dead but apparently had just been sealed off in some section of (mid?) sheol. They are a decidedly more powerful sect and actually pose a threat to Max's rule. Out spider queen is more of a wild card as she is kinda nuts. All I know is that she, like the rest of sheol hates and despises...well... everything not them, and they even hate each other. (Demons man.)

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

long live the king. @TeaScholar

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

so the stuff about defending the underground is fair to a point, pretty sure what the map says on the subject is just that you have to cover your mouth with a heavy cloth- any of kf/st/fs could come up with something for that if they were making an effort.

the thing is, to push UD back as an actual threat, all they need to do is continually cave in their tunnels. which is a damn sight easier than running into them and trying to fight against a demon army in its own ground. after that, i would say launch at FW, but that's assuming you can count on UD staying out of the picture for long enough, and that your armies can move from one side of the continent to the other real fast (but they have leap...! or tp, yunno, whatever), and that the mountains can hold your host (i think SP proves that mountains on this map are the best terrain for sustaining life, so we're good there)

also saro, my understanding for pretty much all the factions is that there are dissenting subfactions. and it's spelled 'rogue', 'rouge' is a color/makeup thing. the two get confused frequently because spellcheck won't catch 'rouge' (because it's a word, pronounced like 'roohj' i think)

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

UD is the most self destructive factions I wont be surprised if maxxereks wages war with k'lizik and malandaur and everyone end up obliterated.I was hoping that coalition will be a peace pact between the 3 main races together with the other sub races like goblins and imps and unite UD.

19. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think that ST and FW are in war because of FW invaded ST in hunt of nora!

Part from ST storyline
    "We have been informed that a dark army of some sort has begun to invade our northern shores. We are entering a medical tent where a young Frost-wing is being held. We have been told that he saw the army. I am slightly nervous of the Lonx that accompany us, but security for Our Queen has been rigidly upgraded since this news"

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  20. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

UD: has Max as their Leader, commanding all Demons. Erimallion is his Right Hand (General), but is sealed in Lower Sheoul (maybe Max consider him a threat?). Grimlic follows Max orders, and lead the Nefari (Deep Elves) and also some Demons (like Imps and some Boks). K'lzik just lead the spiders army, but she is more of an "neutral" state inside the faction. Minotaurs are lead by Malandur, they were locked in some other dimmension, and was believed to be dead. Now they had come back, and prove to be a threat to Max, probally will emerge in an Civil war between Demons x Minos.
    They attack primally KF due to their borders, and for the hate Grimlic have of K'thir and his brother Menalaus.

SP: once ruled by the Cyclops, an advanced empire, powerfull, and very rich in tecnology aspects. They enslaved Salamans, that was free when the Separation come, and break the Peaks appart, flooding an entire area of their domain (the FS has been born this way) and the old Cyclops empire fall apart. Voil take control, with Ruubgaal leading, Cyclops becomes brute-force machines, Moga/G'hern are enslaved as always, but with Dirge leading an army of free Mogas, meaning that they can rebel. Ruubgaal is murder by his wife, she take the throne, and start an Tirany over the Peaks. The Exile leads the Nids (neutral until now), and assist the queen for a time. When Djinns appear from other dimmension, the Nids starts to grow, and become an threath to the Voil Empire, probally will bee an Civil War between them (another one).

FW: Zarimahl was the king. In the old times, he died probally in the war against Valdaci. Serkan ruled until them. After his death, Xulos take control of the new Undead army, and leads them to expeditions for Nora. Serkan comes back with powers from uterdark, and great an army of Undead/Mutant/Elsari People/Worms to conquest all the land, and kill all the living. Xulos is the one who betrayed Serkan and assassinate him (or something like this), they struggle between and will ocassionally face an Civil War inside the Undead army. Tachrim (Dark Apprentice) is Xulos apprentice, and is fascinated by the Stitched, probally will help to raise an army of them (like the new Stitched).
    They attack primally IS due to the hate of the old Valdaci peoples (that fled to the Mountains). And them, they attack all the others, cause Serkan wants the dead of living things.

***Will continue later.

themacca likes this.