With limited recources, what would your priorities for the game be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Shoot.

Just wondering since I surprisingly find myself not giving two damns about balance anymore.

2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

New expansions make me forget about how bad the game is.

So more expansions pls.

3. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Advertising, microtransactions, any and all features that will:

1. increase new players coming in
    2. increase the retention of those new players

Pattn199 and Moles like this.
  4. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

New sprites for terrain effects. Render different sprites around the edges of terrain so it all fits together like one nice big piece.

Terrain is seriously the most ugly thing in Pox by far. It's a 1990s look in an otherwise 2000-2010s era game.

Gnomes likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I meant things that actually mattered.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

everything used in the top 25 atm. delete it from the game....

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

This is important to us, but new players are not fading away because of this.

8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Release Pox for iPad.

Or, with less resource, focus on sorting out bugs and interactions such that things work as per text descriptions.

No new runes until then. So need to change the business model .

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Netherzen likes this.
  9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Graphics are fine as is. Check out Card Hunter for similar game play with simple yet effective graphical style.

10. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

0. Business model
    1. Business model
    2. Business model
    98. Business model
    99. Increase deck size

Fentum likes this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mute you and your nonsense for life seems like a good start

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    JellyBerry and Pattn199 like this.
  12. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

perm ban for you sounds better

Edit, sniped by @BurnPyro , damn you :(

JellyBerry likes this.
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would prioritize development of alternative revenue streams, such as taunts, avatar skins, and recolored limited edition runes that are only available for cash. Once that is done the expansion cycle can be slowed since there will be other sources of funds. The slowed cycle will allow for more time to work on bug fixes.

4NIK8 likes this.
  14. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

The first thing I would do:
    - Make Core Set free x2 for everyone except LEs (not tradeable/not sacrificeable).
    - Remove boxes from gold-store.
    - Add an achievement that every 10 packs you open you get a free random Exotic (which of course you can track).

Doesn't use all that many resources, you would spend your gold on a pack every time you could now (instead of waiting for a box), and opening one pack leads to wanting to open a next pack etc.
    People need a vast basic bunch of runes just to create a working BG in PoxNora, core set gives them that, and while not all that great of a BG they have the means to work towards something better with the constant opening of packs they have.

(I would also add a new lobby "Core set only", no ranks and obviously only core set runes, where new players can play other players with the same availability in runes so they can learn the game, but that would be later on, think the old old old training grounds).

Cheers,

Josh753

mw24, Fentum, bambino and 4 others like this.
  15. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Or instead of slowing down the expansion cycle, spend the extra money on advertising!

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

expand the playerbase by improving the f2p system more. It takes very little dev time to make the game cheaper. Faction specific packs needs to happen asap.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

lol at this thread. If you have a business, and your resources are limited, then your sole function is gaining resources. The decision comes into how much effort you put into gaining immediate resources (production) and procuring the potential for a larger consistent stream of resources for the future (business development).

But let me be clear, if you're not doing those two things, and in the right quantities of each you'll either remain static (too much emphasis on production) or die to cash flow shortages (too much emphasis on busdev).

With that said, Pox needs to find a way to shift more focus onto business development but I'm not certain they are able since they are now an entity of a larger company who has given this account its own staff. It is now a cost center and cash-strapped businesses ran as cost centers almost always fail. The reason is, they have two masters, themselves, and the company in which they are situated, both needing to get paid.

When I was in banking, and I noted this structure and characteristics, they went into a special file where no loans are available.

JellyBerry, badgerale and BurnPyro like this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

burnpyro doesn't care about balance anymore. Watch sl get nerfed to the ground next patch.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Pox is a game? I thought it was all an in-development project staffed by about 300 belligerent, amateur volunteers

Fentum, JellyBerry and Karmavore like this.
  20. Ishalia

Ishalia The King of Potatoes

Poxnora 2

With Sok as dev right from the start I think this game could be amazing, but alas with limited resources I just don't see it happening. RIP Pox 2.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.