This forum is like the dbz saga

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I didn't think I made it completely useless. Can you explain why it is now completely useless?

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

burnpyro is just mad because he is one of the dbz bosses that got annihilated like android 19.

@Sokolov it probably would be fine the way it was if you limit the ap it can get per turn in some capacity. Imps are kind of a cheese bg that relies alot on luck via stealth and ap gen from stealth.(and stealing fonts with stealth units) It would be nice to see them slowly move away from relying on that in the future. Not a fun bg to play against at all. You reduced their ap gen alot with the change you made, I don't mind too much though because I hate playing against this bg, lol.(and don't particularly enjoy playing it)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

did you just call android 19 a dbz boss

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

burnpyro is like 2nd form cell after he got final flashed except he can't regenerate.(and will never reach his final form because of the dodging epidemic)

5. futant

futant Well-Known Member

You made it useless by nerfing a mid tier competitive theme. Not only was the ability changed, but the amount of champs that can get the ability. 4 of the 13 to be exact. In the case of my bg that I used pre patch that came out to 1/3 of my champs lost mischief. You also nerfed dark elf summoner, a further kick in the head to the theme by strapping on 10 more nora for the summon. Lastly it nerfed blood guard to the ground, (it wasn't that hard to do that btw), the screaming imp lost mischief giving no reason to run one.

What I don't understand is why this happened? Are you nerfing because something is annoying or because it is overpowered?

6. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think it was a good change, stealing 1 AP and gaining 1 AP global was madness, compare to tailwind, global AP gain but u have to spend 4 ap on 1 champ.

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Why remove mischief from 1/3 of imps? Since your not able to draw what u want you might draw all the imps without mischief and it would be useless even if u had one with mischief. Were there other options in changing the racial? Increase mischief cooldown instead of gimping the racial?

8. Sokolov

2 things here:
    1. Some of the Imps that got it "removed" had it moved to upgrades, rather than not having access to it at all
    2. Mischief now triggers on Imps, rather than the ability, so it will work on Imps even if they do not have Mischief
    I am following the feedback on Imps and willing to make further adjustments, but wanted to set the record straight on those points.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Well said.

10. Sokolov

Good notes for me here to adjust some Imps. If anyone has specific ideas they'd like to see on specific Imps, do also let me know. In the meantime, I will prep some updates to some of these.

One thing I noticed at a glance is many Imp/Related runes is that many have roughly 40% cost in abilities.

11. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Totally.

12. futant

futant Well-Known Member

Fair points sokolov, but taking off mischief, even in upgrades kills the rune. I wasn't exaggerating when I said 33% of my imps in my bg lost mischief. It was taken off Lemure, Shadow Hunter, Screaming Imp, and Needleclaw. The ability nerf was bad enough, but now I can't even run those champions because of bad draws. The whole theme was built around squishy, expensive flying imps, that could leech ap. If they can't contribute to the theme with mischief they are useless, even if they benefit from others with mischief.

What's left is 9 imps that have mischief, and to be frank, some of those are useless. I agree with DMR's run down on them, however I thought the strangler imp had a good role with constriction. It enabled ap stealing, and brought the theme together.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

can i be cell?