Cactuar Crate - Path of De'lim Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

• [03/03] Desecration - Currently dealing "Loss of Life" Magic damage, will be corrected
    This has been on forever, seems like a simple fix (I thought it was already?)
    • [02/08] Blizzard Cloak - Improve visual
    also seems pretty easy to add a simple visual to indicate it happened.
    • [03/26] Barricades - Get a self destruct button?
    See my original post
    • Molten Cloak - Trimming of the fatz?!
    this one doesn't have a date and is just sort of ambigious
    • Void Touch - Changed to an activated ability that removes base abilities (think short duration Fading Recollection)
    also no date, but seems like it should either be removed from the list or implemented at this point.

Pattn199 likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, Desecration got fixed with this patch.

It's not about "easy" it's just that there is always lots to do, so I pick the stuff I feel is going to have the most impact/importance/relevance to the things going into an expansion.

But since people don't like seeing old stuff on there, I will just remove that whole section and keep the notes to myself.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ok, now there should only be stuff that'll be going into a patch soon in this thread.

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  4. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well that was sort of a monkey paw wish, it works though I suppose.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

why Dread Field affect your champ?
    why Tomb Sentinel not get ap in the start of the turn he came back?
    and i think his tomb need at list 1 more ap
    i think u need to change it form 4 turn to 3 turn like Stasis

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  6. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I've suggested some of these numerous times and they seem to be repeatedly overlooked, these are simple changes that would improve a lot of shoeboxed champs. If you aren't going to consider these changes then at least tell me why as i don't really see any of them being even close to 'OP'

Bladed Corpse - Move Sunder to U1, increase HP/def

Mairdreth - Remove Desecrated Zone (For the love of god!!!), increase Spd, Disease Breath on upgrades would be awesome.

Dead Fairy - Remove Fester, we were told this would be removed when rabid was fixed?

Crossbones - Remove Paralytic Strike, move Precision to upgrades.

Bonewing - Change U2 to Rebuke (2), Elusive, Dread

Tormented Priest - Not sure what to change but Afflict and Tormented on a support champ who spends most of the game sitting at the back of the fight? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's wrong with that.

Corpse Golem - Remove Black Death, purely my opinion. I just don't see it getting the value out of black death and would rather have a slightly cheaper piece of meat.

Desecration - Description still states that it does 10 damage to shrines and baited me into a failed shrine rush.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Remove the damage component of Desecrated Zone, consolidate ranks. Such an icky aspect of the ability.

8. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

Pyro is range 4-5
    Skeletal Rifleman is range 3-5
    5 more nora
    i prefer Skeletal Rifleman beacme 4-5 range,
    can u do them the same?

9. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Why is Water Front twice as expensive as Desert Front?

10. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Have you ever donated sand to a child in africa?

Thats why sir

15Deadmen, Tweek516, hfok and 3 others like this.
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov , I've been thinking about yetis. Their overall cost increased more than other themes specially because of their hp formula(I'd estimate an average 7 nora), so a BG I used to run for an average 54 nora now has an average 59. To me that means they're unplayable in their vast majority.

I want to make at least one suggestion, which isn't enough but let's take baby steps:

Abominable is 5 nora, regular Surge abilities are 5 nora, Detection 3 is 4 nora. Abominable works as a pseudo Surge: Yeti + pseudo Detection, as you have to spend 2 AP and it only works on the closest champion. In a yeti BG 2 ap means a decent loss, as you can only generate AP with Unleash in the theme(base or 30 nora equip).

My suggestion is to reduce Abominable's cost from 5 to 3 nora, because most yetis have sandbags ALONG with abominable, making them very inneficient(fear + conqueror, fear + frightful blows, Atk frost base + frost atk(seriously) and so on). Their sandbags were acceptable when Keeper could generate enough nora to make them competitive, but now they're even more expensive and their nora gen considerably weaker - which I don't disagree with - making them very slow when you take the setup needed for them and their damage output into consideration.

Of course I know there are more pressing issues right now, but I wanted to leave this for the future.

Qucas, Goyo, KingJad and 2 others like this.
  12. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Have a look at Vashal Quillback?
    Dodge 1
    Block 1
    Damage shield: physical 3
    Deflect
    Shield of Vashal
    Vuln: disease
    for 67 nora?

Seems like a bit much for a low cost. His stats are not awesome, but his abilities are.

13. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I honestly think champions like quillback should exist. He relies on his abilities a lot, and there are a few ways to 1 turn him specially considering his very low HP. It did happen to me to have my quillback owned by a simple Halberd of Jthir. The problem with vashals isn't the champions themselves, but their high amount of seal, imo. He's a 8 dmg 38 HP melee champion, if he doesn't have a highly defensive package he will never see play.

14. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Incredible strong early turn deploy.
    I can only compare him to runes I know look at Ferren Brawler. 65 nora with duel and savage exploit. 42 hp 0 def 9 dmg (and no I wont add faction bonuses).
    Ferren Windwalker 76 nora with scrapper and escape + elusive leap, 40 hp and 8 dmg.

I think he would do well if he lost damage shield: physical and deflect. He still got dodge 2 and block 2 and his cost would be lower. But it may be just me. But he does to much for a low cost.

15. doubtofbuddha

@Sokolov

It is worse than I thought.

Forest Front and Sand Front both just generate the terrain type. Cost 4 nora.

Water Front just generates the terrain type. Costs 8 nora.

Ice Front an Jungle Front generate a powerful and very powerful terrain type. Cost 8 nora.

This costing doesn't make any sense. Either Water Front should be reduced in cost to the Forest Front/Sand Front level or it should be made to generate impeding water terrain like Jungle Front does.

Pattn199 and Anima26 like this.
  16. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

water has no uses like drown or anything or an entire theme that gains stat bonuses.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Ice Front doesn't worth 8N either. Arctic doesn't gives AP anymore.

@Sokolov Jungle Front and Trailblaze at 12N makes Snow terrain looks extremely overcosted. We pay 1N with every unit to have Icewalker, while our cheapest terrain generation cost 6N with Snow-Fall 2 (3CD 2AP), or 35N unworthy Snowstorms.

calisk tried to separate ice from snow terrain mechanics, and improve our spells so Snowstorm and Deep Freeze can compete against Ice Storm, but he couldn't influence Gedden enough (it looks like some people were pushing down too).

I would like to see units like Blizzard Elemental, Ferren Snowpinner, Jakei Snowcharger, Jakei Snowhisper and maybe Snowman; be part of a terrain theme in ST.

Terrain had more votes in the "improve a theme poll" than Lonx and even Ferren. Please make it happen :)

18. doubtofbuddha

That should be reflected in the cost of the things keying off of the water generation, not the generation itself. Similarly, sand has a bunch of stuff that gets big boosts from sand gen, yet sand front only costs 4.

Anima26 and Goyo like this.
  19. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

I'd say bump sand and forest to 6 Nora and keep ice and water 8.

20. doubtofbuddha

Ice gives a debuff. Water gives... what exactly that makes it worth 2 more nora?