Poxnora's Biggest Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Balance?

Lets make an example and I don't even need to know what to fix or how to point out what I'm trying to explain.
    Why? I find this thread a bit closer on why bad things keep happening.

Bloodgoyle and Blood ahorrent. I bet they were created to make bleed theme better.
    Is bleed "OP" yet? Oh and if it was it wouldn't matter because the new runes would get nerfed.
    So what happened here ? We're back where we started.
    Why? The problem wasn't bleed needing new champions. We had enough champions to make a the theme great. If you can't make a theme good with 16 champions, why bother making more if the theme sucks already.

Now they want to nerf FW all of the sudden because Tiny uses it. If Skeletons is agreed is a top tier theme but nothing over the top. Shouldn't all themes be strong as this one.
    1) Choose the strongest theme in each faction.
    2) Make those 8 themes equally good
    3) Make the rest of the themes as good as their faction's best theme.
    4) Evade people creating Meta Bgs. (aka individually strong champs, not a theme).
    5) Stop thinking new runes will be a better change for the theme.
    6) Don't let people say this: Oh Salamans are OP now... oh they're weak now. That just means the theme was screwed enough already and if you don't change the roots it won't change.
    7) Make every theme be able to counter ALL of the other themes. Make it closer to a predicting game like idk:

Starcraft 2: Roaches get beaten by Siege Cannons but get owned by Hydras and Hydras get owned by Thors ( If I remember correctly).
    Bleed vs Undead or Acid vs Undead or Swarm vs Summoned or Summoned vs Fire or Imps vs Tortuns back in the day. If you make all of these unfair disavantages. It should be easier. Yeah I know I have OPTIONS to counter what my theme lacks vs the other but this is about balance and I believe everything should hit back equally.

I'm just tired of going back and forth back and forth back and forth back and forth back and forth back and forth back and forth with the exact same themes.

2. Revengercm

Like I said before. Stop bringing more DEEP elves @Skeezick .
    We have enough already. Makes so mad that we're just getting a different mix of previous runes instead of new ones for idk... maybe a soulbleeder/thirster, Vothsair, Goblin themes? I know it's hard to handle because everything about the game is so small.

I'm glad surge 2 was removed. For spiders, it's stupid klzik and broodmother are the teamplayer/team carriers/mvps of the theme. This also makes the theme unbalanced.

3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Why did you tag Skeezick?

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

buff my runes, nerf revengercm's.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So... basically "balance the game so you can stop balancing the game?"

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

isn't that what we want a reasonable balance
    I also agree with revenge i had enough of nonsensical "meta" champs in UD ( not that i don't like them just we have too many) i think its time we focused more on the themes or create new themes from ones that exist such as lower sheoul bg
    i hope we can have more splits like anthropods, UD/SL mutant bg etc

7. Sokolov

Of the runes released in this expansion, which do you feel are "nonsensical meta" champs? And what does nonsensical mean?

8. Sokolov

Who said this?

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the same people who convinced you to nerf tomb, martyr, dark familiar, dusk creeper, etc to the ground... FW is a dead faction. I had high hopes for this patch, thought maybe id be able to run it in ranked again but nope, my hopes and dreams were crushed and now I am suffering from severe depression and anxiety as a result. I went to UD trying to escape the nightmare that is the state of FW and got blood abhorrent. Is this real life? brb crying myself to sleep.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

You had to edit that too, 10/10 buds.

11. chickenpox2

mainly didn't like abhorrent cause he was a copy of soulthirster who was a copy of soulbleeder
    i just wish the unit was not too similar to each other thats all

12. Sokolov

I am glad I asked because I would have assumed you meant the complete opposite, that you don't like when runes don't feel like they belong to the faction, don't fit in a theme, and are just random and meta.

Instead, what I get from this is that what you don't like is when runes follow the conventions established by the faction and fit into a theme. What you want is the themes to get runes that mechanically work within that theme, but are completely different from what the theme already has.

13. chickenpox2

exactly

14. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

hes my biggest fan

DarkJello, Revengercm and Qucas like this.
  15. futant

futant Well-Known Member

G. Fw played by tiny, Ud by agrigis. (Tiny rank 1, agrigris 2) So what the hell is stopping you? Rhetorical.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Revengercm

Don't you ever think just because agirgis is top 10 UD is fine. Like I said. He is probably using meta bgs and not focused enough to be even remotely close to a theme. He said himself elves (because we have a lot of those) and minos (great example on how everything should be done around here) are UD's best theme. I would like him to use anything else but he won't because he does not want to lose that rank.

Yeah it seems simple but it is ignored. All I am saying is that balance the themes from its roots and not adding something extra. You can clearly see you're going back and forth with balance. You make a theme OP because of 2 runes and then you nerf them and all of the sudden they're weak. Everyone says that. Inb4 new runes nerfed. You should never think the need of new runes is what the themes needs. I just feel like I can't trust anybody with the game's balance because of the back and forth. Don't be scared in changing how a theme is played.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dmr is a blight on this games balance.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

it doesnt matter wtf tiny plays. agirgis won't stay top 10 for long if he keeps playing ud. He got there with drain vitality after rank reset. Rank doesn't even matter atm come back in a month...

19. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Its kinda funny you calling someone a blight.

Apostate and Baskitkase like this.
  20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Lol.

DarkJello likes this.