Some kind of draksar racial Ability

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by themacca, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think, like most themes, there are runes in Draksar that deserve attention, yes.

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Well I suspect that at this point folks expect them because that is what folks have come to expect.

To be less purposefully vague, much of SL and Drakkies in particular have had regen as part of their kits dating back quite a long time and has simply become part of what is expected of a draksar. The violent is the holdover from the previous racial for Drakkies and without something else to fill that void folks still cling to violent is the draksar racial.

The notion that the draksar racial should encourage running it with other draksars is certainly the way to go imo, but honestly some of the suggestions in here are overly complex and/or just odd. The draksar have always stuck me as vaguely roman and thus vaguely phalanxie. I know that the prospect of creating new abilities is unappealing and creating multiple new abilities would be even less appealing, but perhaps some sort of ability that provides some sort of boon to other drakkies within X range. You could have an offsensive ability, a defensive ability, and something more utility based, and to keep with the regen drakkie flavor have it also give some ranks of regen.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Ooohh you elusive desert plant. Cmon lets be honest, fixin 5 or 6 even 8 champs is just patching the theme and kicking the real problem away again.

On this thread we have been talking about working on a racial that helps their "current playstyle", all our conclusions are that Regen+Violent have been their thing for 7++years but it's not a racial and its keeping the theme boring and taking millions of GazillionWatts of development space. SO, i agree, you agree, we all agree, then lets just eliminate Regen and Violent from all draksars and build a racial or more than one like Leoss have so Drakkies can work phalanxly roman-like on offensive, utility and defensive situations.
    Yes, it's a lot of work, i do realize that.

4. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member