Whats up with the complete overhaul patches lately?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Sep 9, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

eh

its great, doubt it's the best though

edit: remember when SL wasn't allowed to have good bomb champs anymore? Yeah.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]

Qucas likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

completely irrelevant but ok

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I was communicating that despite SL woes, IS will just keep rollin.

5. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Dunno if you saw it before or after Sok just changed it. Used to have 2 more dmg and more hp. It's still hella strong though.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Shattered Dreams was a way cooler name for that ability. Just saying.

Qucas likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think the patching information can just be a bit overwhelming because of the format. For instance, Boon could in theory be a single-line note, with a few listed exceptions for units that didn't change cost. Something Riot has done in the past that could help here is a little "Here's a change and why we think it's good" summary, and then all of the nitty-gritty data for people who want the numbers. I'm going to put one of those together anyway (more planned and ordered than the last), but it could help cut down on the information overload of a patch like this.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

looks like SL is the only faction that didn't really benefit much from this patch.(might be missing something though) Even KF and IS seem to have got some good stuff and not nerfed to the ground but balanced a bit.

Titan changes are great overall , Ancestral avenger should lose pariah in favor of warding or something similar though, and the dreadnought changes were bad.(and the draksar changes in general, the buffs to torien and draksar archer are lol)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It does look like alot of fine tuning was done with a sledgehammer. Some pretty drastic buffs and nerfs all around. I feel that they could have largely both been much less impactful and hit closer to home.

Qucas and BurnPyro like this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I did go a bit harder this time around. Recent feedback has been that nerfs and buffs haven't had enough impact and was taking too long to get to the right place. Can't have it both ways, but do try and get it right most of the time!

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I appreciate your position but you've got to know that you've most likely created a similar environtment, only with different runes.

The rabble will always sing the same tune: nerf hard in the stuff I don't play, buff hard on the stuff I do. When they are all singing for different factions it sounds like what you heard. When you heed their call the results look like this patch.

People always want powercreep till they have to face other powercreep.

But im not saying DOOOOOOOOOM on this patch yet, those were just my initial reactions, which could be wrong.

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

patch ≠ revamp

Beefinator likes this.
  13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

So you can get back up to 1000 players. Or you can listen to those who still enjoy and play the game (aka those who have no standards and will buy whatever they're selling).

14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I have seen no evidence what you and Ped have to say will get the game back to 1000 players.

Boozha likes this.
  15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Oh, I have nothing to say that will help the game have 1000 players, even 200 for that matter.
    What I can say is merely things that I agree with or not regarding the approach on this game, and this is based solely on being a gamer for nearly 30 years now.
    I have no idea what should be the marketing strategy, or even which NUX should be implemented in that regard.
    I was just pointing out that, from an outsiders perspective, it gets even harder to get back to the game with frequent buff/nerf patches, thats all. A new player probably suffers that as well, since he is not familiar with the game. And there is merit to that.
    That is all. In fact, since I stopped playing I have been posting less and less on balance issues and whatnot (even though pride makes me want to post in every thread), and I truly am in peace with the fact that I let this game go and it was better for me in the long run, even though I still love it.
    Ragic does have some ideas, though, and it seems that the things he cried for a long time (subscrition based model) are only now making sense for some people. There is merit to that to.
    I think the main point is that we dont post very often anymore so we come off as guys who are clueless, but it is in fact the other way around: we have been around for so long and have seen so many things happen that we have a lot of clue on the stuff we are talking about.
    But yeah, in no way, shape or form I know what has to be done to get this game back to a healthy population again.

Ohmin and doubtofbuddha like this.
  16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Well we DO know what catering to the current playerbase gets you. What we have now.

It's not just me and ped. It's former players in general. They have already established that they are predisposed to a game like pox. But for various reasons have stopped playing. I'm suggesting that that is valuable feedback that shouldn't be ignored. Otherwise you're just making random changes to the game in the hope it will draw in SOMEbody.

Great example of this was the NUX. I don't remember anyone citing NUX as their reason for quiting. The devs put a lot of effort into that NUX initiative. Where are all the new players?

There are way more players who have quit pox than who currently play pox. Get those old players back.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You know you're getting crazy when Ragic starts to make sense

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Broke clock, twice a day.

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

A blind squirell finds a nut every once in awhile

20. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

I was looking at these notes and kind of struggling to remember whether the costs were going up or down on champions. Is there any chance the next set of notes can include the original pricepoint?
    Goblin Brute to 72 nora (From 68) for example?